Engine hoist + stand?

MrRumble

Hi gentlemen,

Those of you with experience, can you recommend an engine hoist as well as a stand that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? I'm trying to work on a V6 off of 4x4s in my home garage and it's not cutting it. Time to invest in some equipment.

Thank you!

Hi gentlemen,

Those of you with experience, can you recommend an engine hoist as well as a stand that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? I'm trying to work on a V6 off of 4x4s in my home garage and it's not cutting it. Time to invest in some equipment.

Thank you!

Look on kijiji, lots of people buy those and only use them once.

For the hoist, chose one with articulated legs, you’ll save precious space in your garage while not used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

princessauto quand en spécial
Pis oui ca dort dans la shead lol pis j'ai pensé de mettre ca sur kijiji

I recommend buying this type of stand, with the base like a "U":

mkCDonqWX9Ccqlp5skap8RA.jpg

Instead of this cheaper style:

mWzDl_ddjtnl5nznY6UyLlQ.jpg

The U-style base is much more stable when spinning a heavy motor around, trying to get stuck bolts out, etc...

I have 3 of the U-style stands, if you're west on Mtl I can sell you one.

I recommend buying this type of stand, with the base like a "U":

http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mkCDonqWX9Ccqlp5skap8RA.jpg

Instead of this cheaper style:

http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mWzDl_ddjtnl5nznY6UyLlQ.jpg

The U-style base is much more stable when spinning a heavy motor around, trying to get stuck bolts out, etc...

I have 3 of the U-style stands, if you're west on Mtl I can sell you one.

that's not a hoist though...

what I did, since I knew I was going to use it just once... I bought it at canadian tire, did what I needed to do, and brought it back when I was done. the only downside is you have to be extra careful not to scratch it or anything, but cost was 2 trips to canadian tire! :p

like many said, it's not something you use regularly...

stand a trois pattes comme ca c'est fiable lol
This guys as more balls then me....je ferais pas ça....

that's not a hoist though...

what I did, since I knew I was going to use it just once... I bought it at canadian tire, did what I needed to do, and brought it back when I was done. the only downside is you have to be extra careful not to scratch it or anything, but cost was 2 trips to canadian tire! :p

like many said, it's not something you use regularly...

The guy is looking for a hoist AND stand. :)

FWIW, tool rental places usually have hoists to rent. What's nice is that they usually have the really good/expensive ones, not cheap china junk. It's your best option IMO for a one-time use.

stand a trois pattes comme ca c'est fiable lol
This guys as more balls then me....je ferais pas ça....
https://youtu.be/zC1EtHtx1Cc

Oh boy, déja que j'aime pas ce genre de stand je ferais jamais partir un V8 la dessus lol.

Chu sur que un gars ici qui en a un et ne l'utilise pas.

Oh

Wait

C'est vrai on est juste 3 sur le forum a déjà avoir mis un moteur sur un stand

The guy is looking for a hoist AND stand. :)

FWIW, tool rental places usually have hoists to rent. What's nice is that they usually have the really good/expensive ones, not cheap china junk. It's your best option IMO for a one-time use.

Oh boy, déja que j'aime pas ce genre de stand je ferais jamais partir un V8 la dessus lol.
Le moteur est aussi tenu par des chaînes avec la chèvre à moteur.

Sent from my G3223 using Tapatalk

Back