2018 Formula 1 Season Thread

Kimi is stealing the seat of a young driver by making his move to Sauber...
Yea this is why I feel there should be a max age limit or career time in F1. I love Kimi but time to retire.. nothing left to prove

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

What makes anyone here think that a young driver will be automatically faster than Kimi? There are several drivers that have rides today that are based on their money and not their speed or talent.

Kimi is stealing the seat of a young driver by making his move to Sauber...

Yea this is why I feel there should be a max age limit or career time in F1. I love Kimi but time to retire.. nothing left to prove

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Any other driver than Kimi and I'd agree.

But Kimi, it's hard to imagine F1 without him. I'm glad he signed for two years and I hope he'll give Sauber a few podiums in that time.

Snoozefest. Decided to do housework instead

If anyone still says the title fight is alive is delusional. Yes mathematically possible but the reality is that HAM will be 2018 WDC. The chances of Mercedes having a complete implosion is unlikely. That crash in Germany as I said was the end of Vettel championship

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooring...... except for some traffic overtake, but that was, what, 2 minutes, then... snooooooooooooooooze
Hamilton was top notch once again...

Yup, very boring. Ferrari strategy again not so great, Vettel not lucky with Max V coming out just ahead of him after his pit stop.

Perez drove like a complete douche, lost his mind today. Smacking Ocon into the wall was bad enough but his attempt to squeeze Sirotkin, to show his displeasure of not being able to pass but instead ends up smashing into him, should have resulted in an immediate black flag and a one race ban. Terrible piece of driving.

Snoozefest. Decided to do housework instead

If anyone still says the title fight is alive is delusional. Yes mathematically possible but the reality is that HAM will be 2018 WDC. The chances of Mercedes having a complete implosion is unlikely. That crash in Germany as I said was the end of Vettel championship

The reason why I enjoy watching sporting events is because it’s the only actual reality tv. No matter how much you think you know and how the odds or rational may be favorable to one side, sometimes the improbable appears out of the left field and the momentum switches to the other side and what was thought impossible becomes reality. If HAM dnfs and VET wins that race, all bets are off and that happened to HAM, several times in the past few seasons. I take your delusional comment with a smile because I know you know, it’s not over until it’s over.

They should ban blue flags in F1. Make it interesting...

As it stands now F1 is so boring they might play the reruns on PBS.

^^ Agreed. Let trafic be part of the race and its up to them to manage that aspect.

All the usual blocking/anti-blocking, causing a collision rules would apply of course.

I've been thinking about this and I'd allow blue flags ONLY if you're lapping a car whose teammate is behind you so that they can't purposely slow you down to draw you back into their grasp.

For example the way Bottas did to Kimi at Monza would be legit. But if Kimi wanted to LAP Bottas than Bottas would get a blue flag.

Back