What 15 Y.O Euro to Import?

sedanlova

Legacy Member
Planning to import another euro this year. Looking for something nice looking, fun at the track (novice lapping) with a $25k budget. Car must also have good resale value and reliable.
It will be a summer/ weekends car only.

Some cars I'm currently considering:
996 C2/C4 auto/manual
986 3.2S auto/manual
E46 M3 Manual
Z3 Coupe 3.0 manual
Z3 vert 3.0 manual
Z4 3.0 manual
Lotus Elise Mk1 (Rover Engine)
Renault Clio V6 (high miles 150,000km)

Any other suggestions?

Which one do you guys think would be the best to fit my needs?

Envoyé de mon LG-H831 en utilisant Tapatalk

Mk1 elise with broken 1.8

K20r swap

Bliss

Or another model we dont have here, not sure if its viable to import a model readily avaiable here...

No fwd in your list, but ill say ep3 ctr or clio/megane renaultsport 4cyl., or even an astra opc

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

25k$ in budget gets you a clean E46 M3, a Z4 or even a clean Porsche 996 here...
Forget the Clio V6 with your budget, you would need to double it atleast just for the car. It's also not a ''novice'' car at all, it was basically a subcompact Viper with how unpredictable the first ones were.
Within budget though, you might be able to get a Maserati 3200GT, or an old TVR. You could also try to find an Opel Speedster instead of an Elise.

Can you get a w201 evo 1 or 2 at that price?

I would never import a car we can get here like most of your suggestions.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

25k$ in budget gets you a clean E46 M3, a Z4 or even a clean Porsche 996 here...
Forget the Clio V6 with your budget, you would need to double it atleast just for the car. It's also not a ''novice'' car at all, it was basically a subcompact Viper with how unpredictable the first ones were.
Within budget though, you might be able to get a Maserati 3200GT, or an old TVR. You could also try to find an Opel Speedster instead of an Elise.
TVR, like the looks but question the reability. If I buy one, I won't keep it long.

Maseratti 3200GT Twin Turbo, I need to read more about them but prefer the rear end od 4200GT

Opel speedster is a good sugestion...

Renault Clio, found one but somebody else put a deposit before me. If they don't pay...I'll get it.

Mk1 elise with broken 1.8

K20r swap

Bliss

Or another model we dont have here, not sure if its viable to import a model readily avaiable here...

No fwd in your list, but ill say ep3 ctr or clio/megane renaultsport 4cyl., or even an astra opc

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
Elise with blown engine would be a good option if I got it cheap.

FWD cars, never though about it. I haven't own FWD since my Integra 18 years ago. I will need to re experiance it to appreciated or hate it.

Can you get a w201 evo 1 or 2 at that price?

I would never import a car we can get here like most of your suggestions.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I would import a car that we have here because it will be much cleaner, less miles for same price or cheaper...

I would import a car that we have here because it will be much cleaner, less miles for same price or cheaper...

15yo cars in Europe tend to have a ton of miles, but they are not always cleaner than here... Also, where did you find a Clio V6 for under 25k? 25000 CAD is like 18000 euros... The Clio V6 never really dipped this low.

15yo cars in Europe tend to have a ton of miles, but they are not always cleaner than here... Also, where did you find a Clio V6 for under 25k? 25000 CAD is like 18000 euros... The Clio V6 never really dipped this low.
I import cars from Japan...as a hobby.

25k c'est trop ou pas assez pour une euro. Tu peux avoir une petite française sport pour 10-15k, si tu veux un collector hot qu'on a pas eu ici, c'est 50k+. Entre ça tu as des allemandes qu'on avait ici aussi...

Sorry for the being off topic, but what is the process to import a car from Europe?

I'd go with an BMW 8series manual... Impossible to find here.

25k c'est trop ou pas assez pour une euro. Tu peux avoir une petite française sport pour 10-15k, si tu veux un collector hot qu'on a pas eu ici, c'est 50k+. Entre ça tu as des allemandes qu'on avait ici aussi...
Je ne veux pas un auto de collection....il y a quelques allemandes dans mon budget qu'on a jamais eu ici comme le Z3 3.0 Coupe ou C32 AMG Wagon ou 8P Audi S3

Clean E36 M3 6 speed are going as high as E46. I prefer E46...looks and feeling.

You never drove the e36 3.2 eurospec version I guess? Hard to tell how you will like the feeling with 60hp+ difference with our version, not even counting brake upgrades

Back