BMW front reflector detail question

CuddlyJen

Multi Field Esssspert
I tried searching and comparing models and couldn't find the answer....might be very simple for someone else....

On the 2012+ 3 series versions, the front reflectors are horizontal on some cars and more vertical on others (see below pics).
What difference in models would explain one position or the other? Or is there no explanation?

I tried to see if it had something to do with the year but didn't find the answer.
Tried to see if it had to with 320 versus 328, doesn't seem to be a pattern...unless people are listing the cars wrong...which I have seen multiple times.

Pics in question:
View attachment 32639View attachment 32640

Thanks!!

I tried searching and comparing models and couldn't find the answer....might be very simple for someone else....

On the 2012+ 3 series versions, the front reflectors are horizontal on some cars and more vertical on others (see below pics).
What difference in models would explain one position or the other? Or is there no explanation?

I tried to see if it had something to do with the year but didn't find the answer.
Tried to see if it had to with 320 versus 328, doesn't seem to be a pattern...unless people are listing the cars wrong...which I have seen multiple times.

Pics in question:
View attachment 32639View attachment 32640

Thanks!!
My guess would be sports pack / m-pack vs non sport. The bumper is very different on a sports pack so I would guess the reflector would be the smaller vertical one.

Sent from my LG-G6 using Tapatalk

the small back dot you see next to the vertical one is a camera to see what's comming at an intersection when you put your blinker (useless on a bmw)

They needed that space to mount the camera so they must had to put it that way

My guess would be sports pack / m-pack vs non sport. The bumper is very different on a sports pack so I would guess the reflector would be the smaller vertical one.

I think that may be it....looking at alot of models and the ones with the M-pack have the vertical reflector (and more aggressive bumper).

the small back dot you see next to the vertical one is a camera to see what's comming at an intersection when you put your blinker (useless on a bmw)

They needed that space to mount the camera so they must had to put it that way

No actually i think that option is not even available in canada, or no one even takes it because of all the ones I saw for sale, not one of them had a camera at that location (the pic might be from a model from another country). Besides, they have as much space to put that camera in both cases...

Je n'ai jamais vu un F30 (bumper m sport ou standard) avec le réflecteur a l'horizontale au Québec. Je plutot l'impression que c'est un bumper euro.

La caméra ne s'active pas lorsque tu active le clignotant. Et oui l'option est disponible au Canada, je l'ai sur le mien.

Je n'ai jamais vu un F30 (bumper m sport ou standard) avec le réflecteur a l'horizontale au Québec. Je plutot l'impression que c'est un bumper euro.

La caméra ne s'active pas lorsque tu active le clignotant. Et oui l'option est disponible au Canada, je l'ai sur le mien.
Oui moi aussi j'ai la camera et le sports bumper sur ma f10 avec le reflecteur vertical. En europe ils ont aucun reflecteur, c'est une loi en amerique du nord uniquement

Je my connais pas bcp avec les termes f30, f31, etc....mais en cherchant rapidement sur google je vois que f30 cest juste le model sedan...si cest la cas il y en a bcp avec bumper standard et reflecteur horizontal...

Ou jai mal interpreter la notion f30 ?

Après quelque recherche, le réflecteur horizontale était seulement sur les F30 2012 (1ere année)

F30 = 3 serie 4 door
F31 = 3 serie wagon
F32 = 4 serie coupe
F33 = 4 serie convertible
F34 = 3 serie GT
F36 = 4 serie gran coupe

Vous chercher vraiment trop loin. M-sport (pas sport package la) m-sport seulement à le réflecteur vertical. Les autres c'est horizontale ( avant le facelift après je sais pas)

F30Rik is right... you're all breaking your heads with this

M SPORT = Vertical
NON M Sport (so even sports pack) = horizontal

As for the camera, at first I thought it was useless, but its not

1. Surround view when your parking uses that
2. when you're about to get out a driveway with a big ass truck parked on the driver side and can't see if a car is coming..... the camera comes in handy instead of you sticking your entire car out in the street before you can actually see something

I've also changed my reflectors to match my body color, got it off below site.

https://ind-distribution.com/

Back