Southwest Airlines Flight 1380

lol landing a plane with 1 engine out isn't that big of a deal...it happens more often than you think too...just in this case the engine had catastrophic failure.

props the the pilot for being very cool during the whole situation tho.

OK faisons la liste des choses encore plus dangereuses que prendre l'avion:

- Se promener a MTL nord avec une timex fake gold
- Demander a sa blonde de conduire parceque t'a trop bu
- Mettre une seule capote avec une fille que tu viens de rencontrer
- Se moucher trop fort

and so on

- Se moucher trop fort

and so on

fréquenter coeur de pirate

- Se moucher trop fort

and so on

surtout ça,

aussi rentré bin chaud un jeudi a 3am quand ta blonde travail à 5am sans tes clef... Been there done that.

Going to repost what I said in the airplane thread.

Those ppl on southwest are lucky that their pilot was an ex fighter pilot.

View attachment 32995

View attachment 32996

The engine had a catastrophic failure and actually killed someone inside the plane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fASCzgKS0Qg

https://taskandpurpose.com/hero-southwest-pilot-was-navy-fighter-jockey/

Why are they lucky because he was a fighter pilot please explain? Engine shutdown in flight and single engine landings are the most trained for events. Any good pilot would have been cool and collected in that situation. Plane still flying and responsive to control inputs? Good to go. Airlines generally don't like fighter jocks, they prefer to hire the guy with time on a C-40 or other similar transport

I guess there is one more on my list of why you should wear your seatbelt through every flight, #1 not to fly out of the chair in case of a serious drop or turbulence, #2 not to become a window plug in case a window is gone.

Why are they lucky because he was a fighter pilot please explain? Engine shutdown in flight and single engine landings are the most trained for events. Any good pilot would have been cool and collected in that situation. Plane still flying and responsive to control inputs? Good to go. Airlines generally don't like fighter jocks, they prefer to hire the guy with time on a C-40 or other similar transport

I think people have this idea that military pilots are better than non military...

Dépressurised cabin + engine failure should be in the books for any competent pilot no?

She did stay extremely calm on that recording though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She was still in full control of the aircraft. Nothing to write home about.

Now, this would be way more difficult to remain calm:

She was still in full control of the aircraft. Nothing to write home about.

Now, this would be way more difficult to remain calm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfh9-ogUgSQ

JAL123 had lost all flight controls when the stabilizer was ripped off, the only control they had was with engine thrust. Same deal with UAL232 (The incident in which CRM training played a big role)... This is why aircraft have now have hydraulic fuses

This is text book

This one is pretty chilling. You can hear the alarms going off on the flight deck
Sadly the media wants to see aircraft crashing in balls of fire..

I think people have this idea that military pilots are better than non military...

Dépressurised cabin + engine failure should be in the books for any competent pilot no?

She did stay extremely calm on that recording though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of military pilots have "Sky God" syndrome, while not as bad as it was in the 50s,60s and 70s. A ton of crashes and incidents could have been avoided

Back