USA - Mexico Trade Deal

How in the world do you expect that we can settle all the contentious points we've got with the U.S in a single week? This is by definition a last ditch effort. One we haven't been involved with for weeks.

We know Cheetos in Chief is on a really tight schedule with this. The midterm elections are coming and he needs this signed by the outgoing mexican president. Doesn't leave a whole lot of leeway.

Sure, they're increasing the North American Made Content.. Meanwhile, Dum-Dum is still threatening to impose tarriff on Canadian made cars. Mexico isn't getting that rhetoric anymore. Gotta be a coincidence, right?

Doesn't sound good for expanding Canadian operations or securing products for existing facilities.

There's spin and then there's being in a good negotiating position. We clearly aren't.

How is it that we've gone from "Mexico doesn't send their best" and "we're going to build a big, beautiful wall" to "We'll, we've settled things with Mexico. Canada can go pound sand?"

If I was to write a book about this current administration, I'd probably call is thusly:
"How to spite your largest economic trading partners for maximum E-Fame and feel good vibes."

GDP is overrated. Upvotes on Reddit is where it's at.

What contentious points are left to negotiate? There seems to have been a breakthrough on the sunset clause, it's stil to be determined if it's acceptable to the canadian government.

So what's left? de minimis (which i expect Canada to compromise on) the silly niche dairy tariff trump keeps hammering on? just up the damn quota and be done with it. Canada keeps supply management, trump gets to say he got rid of the tariff, i'd be shock if he even understood what supply management is.

The only contentious point really left is arbitration settlement (between canada and the US) and government procurement (between all 3)

Dum-Dum can say whatever he wants, no one pays attention to it anymore. Remember when he was threatening to nuke the Korean peninsula? Or when he was going to withdraw from NATO? or how about how he was going to tax the shit out of Harley-Davidson for moving some production overseas?

His simplistic mind still thinks that throwing around threats is how you exert power and ultimately get what you want. What happened almost immediately after he started talking about auto tariffs? BMW announced it's boosting production in China so it doesn't have to import as many cars from it's South-Carolina plant. Good job cheeto.

He's got the attention of a goldish and only surfaces from time to time to comment on whatever he's supposed to be doing in between rounds of golf and firing tweets about crooked hillary and the witch hunt by muller.

As to how we got here? Easy the man talking doesn't actually hold any core beliefs and just babbles.

And how exactly did we spite the US? Also for how far along the negotitations have gotten I can't think of anything of significance that Canada has given up.

You know that the facts don't back your liberals are ruining the economy narative right? Still lowest unemployment rate in decades, steady job and export growth all if it with shitty oil prices too.

If you want to bash trudeau, at least do it on something where they're actually bad, like the Infrastructure Bank that's done practically nothing.

Last edited:
c'est ridicule un peu a ce prix tu trouves pas ?
Oui en effet

Dans les épiceries c'est un peu plus cher, mais moins qu'ici ça c'est sûr.

Aucune idée des "economics" de produire des œufs a grande échelle. Je sais que les gens qui ont des poules chez eux ça produit plus que tu peux en manger alors j'imagine que c'est vraiment pas cher a produire???

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mais sérieusement, voyez vous vraiment plus Sheer négotier de quoi avec Trump?

En faite tu négocie pas avec Trump, si il sait qu'il a le gros boute du baton il va te saigner.

A cette étape si je me demande si le Canada ne devrait pas jouer low profile, gagner du temps et attendre que cette imbécile la leve les feutres.

J'pense qu'Harper aurait été capable de mieux gérer NAFTA que les libéraux. Zéro charisme, mais c'était un fin stratège. Il aurait jouer la game et tirer profit de l'egocentrisme de Trump a l'avantage du Canada. La, tout ce qu'on a réussi a faire c'est l'antagoniser.

Freeland depuis qu'elle avais brailler pour CETA, c'était clair qu'elle faisait pas le poids. Trump c'tun requin, une fois qu'il a senti le sang dans l'eau, c'est game over.

What contentious points are left to negotiate? There seems to have been a breakthrough on the sunset clause, it's stil to be determined if it's acceptable to the canadian government.

So what's left? de minimis (which i expect Canada to compromise on) the silly niche dairy tariff trump keeps hammering on? just up the damn quota and be done with it. Canada keeps supply management, trump gets to say he got rid of the tariff, i'd be shock if he even understood what supply management is.

The only contentious point really left is arbitration settlement.

Dum-Dum can say whatever he wants, no one pays attention to it anymore. Remember when he was threatening to nuke the Korean peninsula? Or when he was going to withdraw from NATO? or how about how he was going to tax the shit out of Harley-Davidson for moving some production overseas?

He's got the attention of a goldish and only surfaces from time to time to comment on whatever he's supposed to be doing in between rounds of golf and firing tweets about crooked hillary and the witch hunt by muller.

As to how we got here? Easy the man talking doesn't actually hold any core beliefs and just babbles.

And how exactly did we spite the US? Also for how far along the negotitations have gotten I can't think of anything of significance that Canada has given up.

You know that the facts don't back your liberals are ruining the economy narative right? Still lowest unemployment rate in year, steady job and export growth all if it shitty oil prices too.

If you want to bash trudeau, at least do it on something where they're actually bad at like the Infrastructure Bank that's done practically sweet nothing.

The Sunset Clause? Looks like we're going from 5 years to 6. Still a PITA. We'll be back in this mess in no time. The initial NAFTA was a sustainable framework. This is patchwork at best.

What about dairy products? Trump loves to spew off about the 300% being unfair to american producers.
Supply management needs to go away. All it did was create a bunch of fat cats that no one can compete with. Wealth passed from from family to family and buying out the competition. They've had it good for long enough, how about they compete for a change.

Why should we fight to save this? If it ain't about pandering to the voter base/ interest groups , I don't know what is.

Canada could've shaped the narrative in a larger way. Now we're fighting for table scraps.

The economy has a mind of it's own. There's so much happening that is well beyond the scope of what the government has done. They can do a shit job and still get favorable metrics. It's no vindication in itself.

The Sunset Clause? Looks like we're going from 5 years to 6. Still a PITA. We'll be back in this mess in no time. The initial NAFTA was as sustainable framework. This is patchwork at best.

What about dairy products? Trump loves to spew off about the 300% being unfair to american producers.
Supply management needs to go away. All it did was create a bunch of fat cats that no one can compete with. Wealth passed from from family to family and buying out the competition. They've had it good for long enough, how about they compete for a change.

The economy has a mind of it's own. There's so much happening that is well beyond the scope of what the government has done. They can do a shit job and still get favorable metrics. It's no vindication in itself.

It's 16 years, it's 6 years for review. It's even in the original cbc link you posted.

He doesn't understand the tariff to begin with, there are single digit tariff on American milk or dairy products that are within the quota, once it exceeds that quota the 200%+ tariff kicks in. Canada gave up some quota % percentage in TPP, they're probably prepared to up the quota's again.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...red-cows-and-270-tariffs-set-trump-off-at-g-7

Also shape the narative? They're literally going chapter by chapter from the old deal and looking at how it can be updated.

So the economy is doing well, the government doesn't have much impact on it? The economy does poorly, fucking liberals are ignoring GDP?

The American milk and dairy sectors are huge subsidy beneficiaries, supply management is Canada's form of agricultural subsidy. So you want us to eliminate our farming subsidy and open up our market to american (subsidized) products and expect Canadian farmers to be competitive?

Do you think there's value in Canada being able to provide for itself basic food items, such as egg,poultry and milk? Because everyone else on this planet seems to think so.

Just look at Qatar it learned a hard lesson when it got embargoed. It was importing all of it's milk from Saudi-Arabia and overnight didn't have a supply anymore. They went out and bought thousands of cows from the other side of the planet.

Last edited:
Oui en effet

Dans les épiceries c'est un peu plus cher, mais moins qu'ici ça c'est sûr.

Aucune idée des "economics" de produire des œufs a grande échelle. Je sais que les gens qui ont des poules chez eux ça produit plus que tu peux en manger alors j'imagine que c'est vraiment pas cher a produire???

Bah , c'est pas cher produire, de l'eau et un poche de moulé , mais c'est le trouble et le '' time consuming '' , changer la paille avec le fumier de poule qui sent le caliss , ça te prend des fans surtout avec l'été hyper chaud et humide , + un gros cabanon pour mettre les poules et c'est pas rare que ta des traces de sang dans ton oeuf , le temps de regarder avec un Mire-oeuf

paquet de trouble pour sauver 1.88$

J’ai une ferme de poulet a chair, nous avons aussi du quotas. A lire certain je trouve sa plate de voir qu’on a meme pas la population de notre coté.

On produit des poulets de qualité

-végétal/ sans antibiotique
-dans un climat de marde qui coute chers en chauffage
-En respectant tout les programe de soin au animaux ( on peut pas tasser nos oiseaux un par dessu l’autre)
-Nous sommes plein d’entreprise familiale (pas seulement une grosse compagnie qui possede tout et qui on les couvoirs/abatoir/meunerie)
-Les abatoirs et les épiceries prennent une énorme part du gateaux. Ce qui fait qu’on est payer de moin en moin depuis 10ans alors que le prix dans les épiceries monte.

Si on est pour se battre avec les usa, on va se mettre a arme égale.

J’ai une ferme de poulet a chair, nous avons aussi du quotas. A lire certain je trouve sa plate de voir qu’on a meme pas la population de notre coté.

-En respectant tout les programe de soin au animaux ( on peut pas tasser nos oiseaux un par dessu l’autre)
-Nous sommes plein d’entreprise familiale (pas seulement une grosse compagnie qui possede tout et qui on les couvoirs/abatoir/meunerie)
-Les abatoirs et les épiceries prennent une énorme part du gateaux. Ce qui fait qu’on est payer de moin en moin depuis 10ans alors que le prix dans les épiceries monte.

Le probleme semble justement être que le prix du poulet monte au magasin, mais que les producteurs en ont moins dans leur poches.

Le lait c'est pareil, on a beau dire la qualité, pour vendre $3 le gallon aux US les producteurs vendent certainement pas la moitié du prix des producteurs canadiens. Ya des intermédiaires qui se graissent la patte quelque part!!!

Bah , c'est pas cher produire, de l'eau et un poche de moulé , mais c'est le trouble et le '' time consuming '' , changer la paille avec le fumier de poule qui sent le caliss , ça te prend des fans surtout avec l'été hyper chaud et humide , + un gros cabanon pour mettre les poules et c'est pas rare que ta des traces de sang dans ton oeuf , le temps de regarder avec un Mire-oeuf

paquet de trouble pour sauver 1.88$

Pas chers a produire??

Il faut acheter un poussin
L’élever jusqu’à 25-28semaines
La moulé est super chers
Imagine le cout du chauffage l’hivers d’un poulailler de 300x40 quand tu dois garder une temperature de 32 degrer pour tes poussins tout en ventilant pour ne pas qu’ils meurent asphyxié
Il y a 1000 raison qui fait en sorte qu’une poule arrete de pondre.
Les poules pondent seulement 40 semaines.

J'imagine que c'est ce qu'on appelle '' Coq a chair '' ?
quand tu dis sans antibiotique , est-ce que c'est dans sans antibiotique dans leur nourriture ? ou c'est sans vaccin lorsqu'il sont poussin ?
est-ce qu'il y a des anticoccidiens ?

coûte cher de chauffage , les poulets ce colle entre eux et ça produit quand même beaucoup de chaleur , est-ce plûtot un problème d'isolation de la bâtisse ?
Est-ce que vous avez le droit de vendre directement au consommateur ou l'UPA va vous taper dessus comme les producteurs acéricoles délinquants ?

Pas chers a produire??

La moulé est super chers
Imagine le cout du chauffage l’hivers d’un poulailler de 300x40 quand tu dois garder une temperature de 32 degrer pour tes poussins tout en ventilant pour ne pas qu’ils meurent asphyxié

je parlais pour monsieur madame tout le monde qui a quelques poules dans sa cours , pas une installation professionnel , un pondeuse poule blanche, y'en avait a vendre a mt-laurier a 5-6$ ch

Pas chers a produire??

La moulé est super chers

on peut pas appeler ca de la concurrence déloyale quand les etats du sud n'ont pas beosin de chauffage...
c'est comme se plaindre que les fruits et legumes coutent plus cher au quebec en hiver, un peu normal!

on peut pas appeler ca de la concurrence déloyale quand les etats du sud n'ont pas beosin de chauffage...
c'est comme se plaindre que les fruits et legumes coutent plus cher au quebec en hiver, un peu normal!

Ta poule a 6$ pond environ 20 semaine. Sinon il fait trop froid
20 semaine X 7 jours x 1 oeuf par jour = 140 oeufs
140 oeufs avec 20% de perte (elle pond pas car il fait trop chaud/oeuf brisé/oeuf pas de coquille)
112 oeufs / 12 = 9.5 douzaine d’oeuf
9.5 X 1.88 = 17.86$
17.86-6$ de la poule 11.86$

Rendu la.. ton poulaillé et ta moulé est mieu de pas couté trop chers!

Ta poule a 6$ pond environ 20 semaine. Sinon il fait trop froid
20 semaine X 7 jours x 1 oeuf par jour = 140 oeufs
140 oeufs avec 20% de perte (elle pond pas car il fait trop chaud/oeuf brisé/oeuf pas de coquille)
112 oeufs / 12 = 9.5 douzaine d’oeuf
9.5 X 1.88 = 17.86$
17.86-6$ de la poule 11.86$

Rendu la.. ton poulaillé et ta moulé est mieu de pas couté trop chers!
Super intéressant les chiffres merci!

$1 pour 18 aux USA a certain endroits genre dollar store.

J'imagine que yen a qui vont dire qu'ils sont plein d'antibiotiques..?

Slightly off topic, but do you understand why antibiotics in food is such a big problem?

moi j'habite farnham pis je vais vous dire que des produits locaux ca se trouvent partout. jamais trop compris a quoi ca sert de chialer sur trump pis la tite patate quand on peut se debrouiller autrement. achtez local, c'est le meilleure pied nez que vous pouvez faire aux gouvernements

Çà c'est un de mes gros questionnement. la rentabilité d'une ferme (peu importe laquelle) en vaut-elle le prix ? si tout est pour coûter plus cher au consommateurs en bout de ligne, pourquoi continuer sur ce modèle ?

j'aimerais bien mieux me faire vendre directement par le producteur a sa ferme que de passer par 7-8 intermédiaire. on aurait pas mal plus de bien meilleur prix a mon avis.

Slightly off topic, but do you understand why antibiotics in food is such a big problem?
No, but I'm interested to learn more.

Please not from weird or extreme sources (like sites that are against any form of vaccination). I'm genuinely interested to learn the issue with antibiotics.

Çà c'est un de mes gros questionnement. la rentabilité d'une ferme (peu importe laquelle) en vaut-elle le prix ? si tout est pour coûter plus cher au consommateurs en bout de ligne, pourquoi continuer sur ce modèle ?

j'aimerais bien mieux me faire vendre directement par le producteur a sa ferme que de passer par 7-8 intermédiaire. on aurait pas mal plus de bien meilleur prix a mon avis.
+1 acheter au comptoir sur le bord de la route!

Ou sinon déjà les places comme fruiterie 440 ça vient de gros producteurs mais pas mal plus facile trouver de bons produits.

Et aussi ajuster ses menus selon la saison, mais on s'entend qu'en hiver ça vient de loin.

No, but I'm interested to learn more.

Please not from weird or extreme sources (like sites that are against any form of vaccination). I'm genuinely interested to learn the issue with antibiotics.

Its really simple. As we ingest them, our body becomes adapted to them. There are a limited number of antibiotics, so every time you use one, it will eventually no longer work.

Back