System76

Trupower Distribution

Anyone ever use one? What is your input on it? I have deal on a oryx pro with a 980m 8gb GPU i7 6820hk processor. It's running ubuntu, I've never used that OS before. Gaming wise can I run everything? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Anyone ever use one? What is your input on it? I have deal on a oryx pro with a 980m 8gb GPU i7 6820hk processor. It's running ubuntu, I've never used that OS before. Gaming wise can I run everything? Thanks

Hardware wise you should be pretty good, it obviously depends on what you're paying for it as it's not the latest gen stuff. Their hardware seems pretty standard so I don't see why it wouldn't suppport windows just fine, because if you're buying it for gaming I'm not sure ubuntu is going to cut it. If however, that's not your primary concern, Ubuntu is a great OS and you will probably be just fine doing whatever you need on it.

Hardware wise you should be pretty good, it obviously depends on what you're paying for it as it's not the latest gen stuff. Their hardware seems pretty standard so I don't see why it wouldn't suppport windows just fine, because if you're buying it for gaming I'm not sure ubuntu is going to cut it. If however, that's not your primary concern, Ubuntu is a great OS and you will probably be just fine doing whatever you need on it.
Yes I would be using it for gaming. I was also thinking of converting it to windows, which should just work from a USB key?

Unless you have a really fast USB key to run windows off of, it will lag a lot. I was able to run my msi off a ssd on a USB port. It ran pretty fast. But windows don’t like to update an OS off the key. Best best is to install windows in it. The internal hdd

Unless you have a really fast USB key to run windows off of, it will lag a lot. I was able to run my msi off a ssd on a USB port. It ran pretty fast. But windows don’t like to update an OS off the key. Best best is to install windows in it. The internal hdd
Thank you, I'll do that. I'll check to see if they have all the driver support first.

Thank you, I'll do that. I'll check to see if they have all the driver support first.

Apparently it's all intel stuff. google system76 to windows. If you are skittish of losing the original OS, swap the hdd for another one and experiment with it. Good way to learn.

Back