BMW M3 Touring finally...or FAKE NEWS???

allroad

According to Autocar, BMW is considering a M3 Touring for their new 3 Series platform. FAKE or REAL news? Either way, don't hold your breath it ain't coming here.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2019-bmw-3-series-touring-could-bring-first-m3-estate

bmw_3_series_touring_render_2018.jpg

BMW has never officially produced an M3 Touring, but insiders at the firm suggest that it’s finally being considered as a rival to the Audi RS4 Avant and Mercedes-AMG C63 Estate. The development costs would be minimal, allowing BMW to justify launching a load-lugging M3 in European markets but not the US, where the estate isn’t generally favoured by buyers.

I like the comments on Bimmerpost, people shouting that if it doesn't come Stateside then they are moving to Europe. Reminds of Americans crying wanting to move to Canada after Trump's election...

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1550074

C'est drôle comment les estates 'are not favored' en amérique du nord, mais que quasi toutes les E63 de génération courante que je vois sont des wagons...

C'est drôle comment les estates 'are not favored' en amérique du nord, mais que quasi toutes les E63 de génération courante que je vois sont des wagons...
On en voit peu mais de plus en plus.

Allroad, Volvo V90 et bientôt V60, classe E, etc

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

C'est comme la Golf R wagon, d'une indécence la plus totale de ne pas avoir de wagon haute performance ici

Les allemands ont jamais été pro-wagon en Amérique, a part pour des modèles dispo juste en wagon comme la Allroad.

They won't sell that here... Wagons are still super popular in EU and BMW is the only one that doesnt offer an M variant

On en voit peu mais de plus en plus.

Allroad, Volvo V90 et bientôt V60, classe E, etc

En réalité le problème c'est pas au Canada et je dirais même encore moins au Québec. Ici ils en vendent des wagons. Mais le marché est pas assez gros pour justifier de les vendre ici.

Le vrai problèmes c'est au USA. Pour eux, un wagon c'est ça...

En réalité le problème c'est pas au Canada et je dirais même encore moins au Québec. Ici ils en vendent des wagons. Mais le marché est pas assez gros pour justifier de les vendre ici.

Le vrai problèmes c'est au USA. Pour eux, un wagon c'est ça...
[url]https://i.postimg.cc/BQVbhsd3/maxresdefault.jpg[/url]

Sweet!! Premier char que j’ai conduit ever! J’avais 9 ans et je la sortais du garage! Pontiac Parisienne Safari 79, bourgogne avec les côtés en bois.

Why do the Euro fan-boys love wagons so much? I don't get it. I see nothing appealing. It makes otherwise nice cars look like hearses IMO.

Why do the Euro fan-boys love wagons so much? I don't get it. I see nothing appealing. It makes otherwise nice cars look like hearses IMO.
Because you have easy access cargo space and don't get stuck driving an SUV. It's win win

Sweet!! Premier char que j’ai conduit ever! J’avais 9 ans et je la sortais du garage! Pontiac Parisienne Safari 79, bourgogne avec les côtés en bois.
Je tripperais plus à essayer ça qu'une bmw récente wagon!

my diesel wagon gets crossover-like cargo capacity but also gets car like handling and fuel economy.
8 18" tires with seats folded without much tetris going on and I average 6L/100km

with so many shared drivetrains and platforms, it's too bad one can't simply pick a bodystyle, pick an engine and trans, and you order it. I can't imagine hoe much more it would cost to have an option like that to offer to consumers.

So often you hear "ahhh we won't offer the manual in NA because it didn't sell well last gen, but the rest of the world have that option." Couldn't I just special order my car and deal with the wait time myself? I get they don't wanna stock unpopular models on dealer lots, but at least give people the option.

They may get more sales than they'd expect...

because utility shouldn't necessarily mean suv. I won't ever drive an SUV simply because I nees more room.

my diesel wagon gets crossover-like cargo capacity but also gets car like handling and fuel economy.
8 18" tires with seats folded without much tetris going on and I average 6L/100km
probably the last generation of diesel BMW we will see

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

with so many shared drivetrains and platforms, it's too bad one can't simply pick a bodystyle, pick an engine and trans, and you order it. I can't imagine hoe much more it would cost to have an option like that to offer to consumers.

So often you hear "ahhh we won't offer the manual in NA because it didn't sell well last gen, but the rest of the world have that option." Couldn't I just special order my car and deal with the wait time myself? I get they don't wanna stock unpopular models on dealer lots, but at least give people the option.

They may get more sales than they'd expect...
So true, Volvo did that with the non cross country in the US where if you want one you have to order it.

But still they offer colors in certain counters only or options like CD players it's so stupid as they are built and painted in the exact same shop.

Back