New car - Repainted body pannel

I can check the car for you if you'd like to know for sure. It'd be my pleasure. :)
that's very nice of you to offer, but
now it's had its share of daily driver-earned misfortuned that have scarred a few areas. I still care for this car a lot, but I no longer as much as I used to.

Just out of curiosity, you do opticoating and clear bra installation?

Has anyone purchased a brand new car only to notice a few days after delivery that the car needed some paint work or that a body panel had already been repainted? If so, how did you resolve the issue with the dealer? Did you get another car? Some sort of financial compensation? I'd like to get some feedback from someone who has gone through this.

You may want to try this, saw it on the latest episode of La Facture. >>> https://www.opc.gouv.qc.ca/a-propos/parle/

It's an online mediation type site to resolve small disputes. I would still call the dealer first to see what they say.

In Québec there is no minimum amount before you have to declare it

the legal question is ..if you had known would you have chose another car ??

Probably worth a few hundred bucks. I found out before I took delivery and knocked a few hundreds off the price. Getting another truck in that configuration would've taken weeks/months so it wasn't worth the hassle.

If you've already registered the car, taking it back isn't likely going to be an option. The dealer would be taking a hit of several thousand dollars. Unless they promised it was perfect in every way, than it's just a matter of your perception of what a new car is vs the sad reality.

Besides, your replacement car would be just a likely to have:
-failed initial QA at the factory and needed to be fixed.
-Get damaged in transport and fixed.
-Get damaged at the dealer and fixed.

I think people's expectations of "new cars" are a wee bit too high sometimes. Knowing that shit happens, I've lowered mine a bit and enjoy the tech/driving experience more than the idea that it's perfection incarnate.

that's very nice of you to offer, but
now it's had its share of daily driver-earned misfortuned that have scarred a few areas. I still care for this car a lot, but I no longer as much as I used to.

Just out of curiosity, you do opticoating and clear bra installation?

I was offering more if you wanted to have a clear cut answer. :p

We do Ceramic Pro coatings, SunTek clear film and tints and 3M, Avery and Vvivid vinyl work and headlight/taillight tints.

Ouais c'est une pratique très courante malheureusement. J'ai déja eu un RVR neuf qu'on a du refaire le toit au complet a cause de dommages causé par la grêle. Ca c'est sans compter tout les voitures neuves qui sont rentré pour des bumpers, portes etc.

My mother recently switched car, I was with her at the dealer. I specifically asked them to bring the paint thickness gauge and checked all the panels except the bumpers to verify nothing was repainted. Minor scratches all over the car but they did a complete polish. We had small scratches through the clear on the front bumper so we argued a bit with the dealer and got a free oil change and front weathertech mats. Cant complain.

Honestly when buying a new car, always check your paint thickness. Dealers should have the paint thickness gauge.

Back