SNC Lavalin Affair?

1. Any government would have wanted the justice department to reach a settlement with SNC. Liberal, Conservative, NDP or Green would have pushed for the same thing behind the scenes. It's easy to argue ethics when you don't have the make the decision between thousands of jobs and winning re-election.

2. It is absolutely clear that there was concerted pressure to make her change her mind and I find it unlikely that the PM wasn't aware or involved.

3. A more competent government would have shifted JWR out of Justice when she made it clear she wasn't going to change her mind instead of lobbying her for 4 months.

4. If you want to argue about justice and ethics, how is justice being done when one of the VP accused had his case thrown out because the case took too long and another shifted all of his assets overseas or to family members? Now the ones responsible and in the know are getting away with it, and suzanne in HR in montreal might lose her job?

5. SNC earns the majority of it's revenue outside of Canada, that's profits generated overseas funneled back here taxed here and that supports HQ jobs in Montreal, a lot of those 3400 jobs aren't engineers and one lost support job in one engineering firm does not mean one more is created at an other one.

6. If you don't reach a settlement agreement with SNC and it's found guilty, then it's an automatic 10-year ban from government contracts, Canada is 40% of the firms revenue. Banned from government contracts that % will melt away, what's the point of being domiciled in Canada now?

7. It's been pointed out before, the europeans, americans and other developed/developing countries make use of settlements it's all part of protecting and maintaing their companies. If the federal government says fuck this we're not playing that game, all of the sudden if you're a canadian corporation you've got to ask serious questions. You think Barrick or Gold Corp don't have skelettons in their closets?

8. In 2017 they bought WS Atkins an other giant engineering firm with global footprint based in London, if you don't think that in the middle of Brexit (and all the losses they've been taking) the UK government wouldn't offer them a sweet deal to move their operations, you're naive.

Anyone remember Genivar and it's corruption scandal? What happened? The firm whitewashed its reputation and rebranded as WSP (a british company they had purchased) and no one talks about it.

The outcome isn't that SNC-Lavalin will go bankrupt and that a bad company will have been punished, the outcome is that the company will move to London, rebrand as Atkins and carry on and La caisse won't be able to do shit with their 20% because that's absolutely the right decision from the CEO perspective.

What are you left with? Fewer well-paying jobs, less tax-revenue and inevitably costlier infrastructure projects because you've just removed a major player.

Last edited:
What are you left with? Fewer well-paying jobs, less tax-revenue and inevitably costlier infrastructure projects because you've just removed a major player.

This is business.

You have looser and winner. Some looser become winner, some winner become looser. Some smaller business become bigger.

It was and will always be like this. We still grow, eat and win our share of success. These day you cant expect to survive with corroputed management and ethic lack. I have a business with 110 employees, with those generation Y, Z, the game change fast and you have to play by the book. I need at less 20 more employee and cant hired, I cant grow anymore for the moment. if a corupted company in my field float, I will gladly hire their employee and continue to grow.

This is business.

You have looser and winner. Some looser become winner, some winner become looser. Some smaller business become bigger.

It was and will always be like this. We still grow, eat and win our share of success. These day you cant expect to survive with corroputed management and ethic lack. I have a business with 110 employees, with those generation Y, Z, the game change fast and you have to play by the book. I need at less 20 more employee and cant hired, I cant grow anymore for the moment. if a corupted company in my field float, I will gladly hire their employee and continue to grow.

It is business, and you're competing on the world stage and how exactly are you going to compete when everyone else is playing with different rules?

Winning is subjective, if you ask Legault Quebec has been losing for a while, with our inward looking economy QC companies just get gobbled up. If it weren't for arranged corporate marriages (quebecor + videotron, metro + pjc) There would be even less large corporations in this province.

". The rules need to be rules—not for the people we despise, but for ourselves. For myself. For you. Or else we have no souls"

Trudeau and Gang obstructed justice for a shady and corrupt firm for votes Simple as that. Claiming they were acting in the interests of Canadians? Suddenly the Liberals care about Canadians when there is a company with deep pockets asking for help again?

I predicted when he was elected PM.. he would not last his term. I hope I'm right.

Thanks for making this thread, I can't believe how much bitching there is about American politics here yet I haven't heard a peep about SNC Lavalin on MR.

I hope you're right too about him not lasting his term but I'll settle for him losing the next election.

One of the key point of the testimony that not alot of people talks about is: "if Jody is nervous, we would of course line up all kinds of people to write op-eds saying that what she is doing is proper." - Katie Telford

Now if you connect the dot to the 600M$ funding of media of Lieberal party, you'll catch the drift.

This just confirmed my general feeling toward all main stream media. Bunch of crooks.

comme jdisais hier, yen on parlé a radio aujourdhui.

charest a démissionné de son poste de ministre pour avoir appelé un juge pis d'autres avant ou après aussi ont du démissionner.
trudeau est fini mon gars. la guillotine tabarnak.

One of the key point of the testimony that not alot of people talks about is: "if Jody is nervous, we would of course line up all kinds of people to write op-eds saying that what she is doing is proper." - Katie Telford

Now if you connect the dot to the 600M$ funding of media of Lieberal party, you'll catch the drift.

This just confirmed my general feeling toward all main stream media. Bunch of crooks.
That's the part that isn't being talked about much. Now Butts will Testify and say the opposite of JWR to discredit her

Trudeau is cooked, just like the past corrupt scumbags like Harper with Mike Duffy, Cretin with the sponsorship scandal. Andrew Chier is more of the same, and the turban isn't going to win for sure.

1. Any government would have wanted the justice department to reach a settlement with SNC. Liberal, Conservative, NDP or Green would have pushed for the same thing behind the scenes. It's easy to argue ethics when you don't have the make the decision between thousands of jobs and winning re-election.

Je pense que c'est la phrase qui résume le mieux toute cette contreverse.

Tu penses trouver un pays où il y a zéro corruption : bonne chan

Je pense que c'est la phrase qui résume le mieux toute cette contreverse.

Tu penses trouver un pays où il y a zéro corruption : bonne chan

Le problème c'est que sa fais 3 ans que Justin est perché sur sa boite a savon et qu'il fait la morale au reste de la terre.

Le Canada est plus fin que vous autres... gnagnagna. Finalement, quand viens le temps de sauver son cul et celui du parti, il est pas plus vertueux qu'un autre...

charest avait fait la meme erreur au debut de sa carriere en voulant convaincre un juge pour un affaire.

Charest a aussi choisi une personne qui lui était très sympathisante à la tête de la SQ. Il y avait des proches des Libéraux de Charest qui brassaient des affaires louches. Lorsque des enquêteurs ont fait coulé l'information à Alain Gravel parce que les enquêtes stalaient à cause de l'ingérence de hauts gradés, il y a eu des tractations pour trouver les enquêteurs qui avaient parlés et d'en faire un exemple pour les autres.

53330487_337510870304831_4097997944026824704_n.png

Have not read all the posts.. If SNC was in any province other than Quebec Trudeau would have thrown them under the bus. His bull shit about saving jobs... If other contractors got the work they would have needed to hire workers. Quebec has invested heavily in SNC stocks, the pension fund would take a drastic hit if SNC was shutdown in Canada.
Trudeau is pandering to Quebec for votes, nothing else.

Have not read all the posts.. If SNC was in any province other than Quebec Trudeau would have thrown them under the bus. His bull shit about saving jobs... If other contractors got the work they would have needed to hire workers. Quebec has invested heavily in SNC stocks, the pension fund would take a drastic hit if SNC was shutdown in Canada.
Trudeau is pandering to Quebec for votes, nothing else.

100% correct, they didnt give a flying fuck about the jobs on the energy field in the west, because they are not potential voters for the libtards. And what about the automotive sector jobs? Same story. Pretty much guaranteed SNC jobs is just a fraction of what have lost in the west. And look at our media, being kept super quiet on this subject. Fuck the lieberals.

Jai juste hate que le juge de la cours dappel pour la pyrrhotite leur dise de payer. Me semble ca serait un bon timing

Back