I've had a genius idea for an app that could help make driving safer

Using the car's static information (weight, type of tyres and brakes, transmission) and the surrounding atmospheric conditions (weather, driving surface, temperature) and the car's current speed, we could use the smartphone's computer to calculate the estimated braking distance to stopped in feet (or meters) - then display the estimate on a gauge that would look like this:

View attachment 37892

That could be more useful than an actual speedometer IMHO because think about it: what you're really doing with a speedometer is encourage people to drive faster. I mean how often have you heard the driver say: "I was driving 170km/h down whatever highway..."

You never hear them boast: "I would've taken 623ft to come to a complete stop." do you?

yeah sure. For my girlfriend 1inch is like 5-6 inch in reality.

It's about the same for 90% of the population. Forget them to know hey i'm 200 feet behind the next car...

Calculer la distance de freinage par rapport à quoi? Il manque de sensor dans ton equation.

Aussi, je me demande bien comment tu vas calculer l'état de la route et l'état de tes pneus.

Calculer la distance de freinage par rapport à quoi? Il manque de sensor dans ton equation.

Aussi, je me demande bien comment tu vas calculer l'état de la route et l'état de tes pneus.

les senseurs de l etat de la route existent deja , ca fonctionne avec de l infrarouge , ca fait la difference :
pluie/gadoue/glace/sec ...

mais a la base tous les problemes commencent dans le cerveau petit ou grand du conducteur ...et a moins de mettre
des /lectrodes pour modifier les perceptions ...on n est pas rendu la.

It's about the same for 90% of the population. Forget them to know hey i'm 200 feet behind the next car...

I bet your GF loves to brag about your 2 foot long

i dont even think she know that 12 inch is a foot...

I was actually coming here to post that it's to your advantage. Like if she had tiny raccoon hands it would make your "tenderness" look huge wouldn't it?

Si tu lui vendais pas ton sous marin steak de 3 pouces comme un 12 pouces, ça l'aiderait à ne pas déformer la réalité.

C'est plus l'etat des freins qui m'inquiete. C'est etonnant le monde qui font pas l'entretien de leurs freins et que le char freine a 60% de sa capacite. Mais avec un algorithme qui calcule l'age des freins et en trichant (mettant une distance requise plus grande que necessaire) le probleme s'autocorrige tout seul.

Une après midi tranquille au bureau et LG devient soudainement ingénieur mécanique et ingénieur logicielle en plus d'avoir une spécialité dans l'intelligence artificielle.

Je te félicite pour ton beau parcours

Envoyé de mon CLT-L04 en utilisant Tapatalk

LG, in your first post you almost indicate that this could replace, or be more useful than a speedometer. Instead of speed limits, we go by braking distance. IE: instead of a 70km/h zone, it's now a 100ft stop zone. One glaring issue is that no cars on the road would be travelling at the same speed. What's your solution for that? Separate lanes for different braking capabilities?

I think it would be a very cool feature to have, but I don't see how it would really solve any issues or make driving safer. Could still be a cool idea for an app, but the work required to actually make it accurate for every individual car's specs, mods, wear, condition, etc would be next to impossible.

LG, in your first post you almost indicate that this could replace, or be more useful than a speedometer. Instead of speed limits, we go by braking distance. IE: instead of a 70km/h zone, it's now a 100ft stop zone. One glaring issue is that no cars on the road would be travelling at the same speed. What's your solution for that? Separate lanes for different braking capabilities?

I think it would be a very cool feature to have, but I don't see how it would really solve any issues or make driving safer. Could still be a cool idea for an app, but the work required to actually make it accurate for every individual car's specs, mods, wear, condition, etc would be next to impossible.

This proves the point that speed limits are meaningless unless all cars and drivers are created equal.

Une après midi tranquille au bureau et LG devient soudainement ingénieur mécanique et ingénieur logicielle en plus d'avoir une spécialité dans l'intelligence artificielle.

Je te félicite pour ton beau parcours

Envoyé de mon CLT-L04 en utilisant Tapatalk

En écrivant une toune d'une main pis en coupant une ananas de l'autre.

Ah, ce LG! :)

You'd get sued the second some idiot kills themselves because it took 250 feet to brake instead of 248

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

1b3540faa0cc62592c53dec6f7a9e0b7.jpg

Back