Chernobyl HBO

I love the places where Call of Duty maps were inspired from:

Swimming pool:

view-to-the-north.jpg

scott-warren-bloc4.jpg

Bloc.jpg

Pripyat-Desktop-Wallpaper-For-PC.jpeg

En passant la série est basé sur ce livre.

https://www.amazon.ca/Chernobyl-01-Incredible-Nuclear-Disaster/dp/0993597505

Et ceci est une lecture fort intéressante
http://imgur.com/a/TwY6q

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Image la aide beaucoup pour comprendre.

wjLQsy4.jpg

la scene de episode 3 avec les mineur.

With the immediate worry of the flooded basement taken care of, the next problem was the earth beneath Chernobyl. Miners were brought in to dig a 150 meter tunnel underneath Unit 4, where a special refrigeration device would be installed below the building, in an attempt to cool the core. Scientists worried that pneumatic drills would stress the building’s fragile foundations, so the miners were ordered to dig their tunnel by hand. They worked 24 hours a day and achieved their goal in a month, but many of them later died from exposure, and their refrigeration device was never used - the core cooled down by itself.

Il a creuser la poche a lair pour rien.

When I was 5, one night my parents woke up super early and the phone was ringing, lights were on, it was very unusual. They went around taping over all the window and door frames and cracks. My room in particular, the windows faced north.

We were lucky, my grandma worked at a hospital and she got the call the night of. Most people didn't know, or if they knew didn't know what to do about it.

I lost one friend to leukemia a few years later, maybe related, maybe not. I was on iodine pills for the first few months.

It's a good show, I'm glad they didn't embellish - at least given what I know about what happened. A bit hard to watch.

Hug your loved ones and keep emergency supplies ;)

When I was 5, one night my parents woke up super early and the phone was ringing, lights were on, it was very unusual. They went around taping over all the window and door frames and cracks. My room in particular, the windows faced north.

We were lucky, my grandma worked at a hospital and she got the call the night of. Most people didn't know, or if they knew didn't know what to do about it.

I lost one friend to leukemia a few years later, maybe related, maybe not. I was on iodine pills for the first few months.

It's a good show, I'm glad they didn't embellish - at least given what I know about what happened. A bit hard to watch.

Hug your loved ones and keep emergency supplies ;)
Where you lived when you was 5?

They did embellish it in a way. The female nuclear scientist never existed. Just a way to place women and feminism on the forefront of an HBO show on a false pretense.

Yeah HBO said she represent like a groupe of Scientist.
They needed a vagina in that sausage fest. I don't really mind.

Jvien de finir les 4 épisode et wow ! A part le femme scientifique tout le reste est pas mal accurate a l'histoire ! Pas de fla fla se trop même les personnages et le maquillage est on point avec les vrai événement !

sent from the shitter

Chernobyl c'est une ptite affaire comparé à Fukushima qui 8 ans plus tard est toujours de pire en pire... Oui oui... plus de 1.2 million de tonne d'eau radioactive ''and counting'' sur le plan... et ils n'arrivent même pas à décontaminer l'eau correctement...

Pas exactement.

https://theconversation.com/forget-...orst-nuclear-accident-for-public-health-57942
Timothy J. Jorgensen Director of the Health Physics and Radiation Protection Graduate Program and Associate Professor of Radiation Medicine, Georgetown University

La map des "radiations" est une map de l'amplitude des vagues du Tsunami.
https://bigthink.com/strange-maps/fake-map-fukushima-disaster-radiation

What I'm not saying : Fukushima is fine. Everything is fine.
What the actual data is saying : Chernobyl was much, much worse because of the materials involved and because of the mechanics of how they were dispersed and over how long before concrete action was taken. Keep in mind that the moveable cap on Chernobyl's reactor 4 was completed LAST YEAR.

No. what made a difference was the fact that Japan didnt let their citizens die and were slightly more proactive than the Soviets. They had an aggressive disaster response while the Soviet Union literally let their citizen run a parade while Chernobyl was on a meltdown.
Exactly. I don't see nothing wrong with that. If the Soviet Union had had an aggressive response, maybe Chernobyl would've been contained and Fukushima 30 years later would've ended up being worse in terms of exposure, since Reactor 4 was more accessible than Fukushima post Tsunami. The Soviets had the opportunity, they dropped the ball. Japan had the odds stacked against them and still managed to do something to mitigate the disaster.

1000 older folks died simply from the emergency move at Fukushima.

Sources?

Japan acknowledged the first possible casualty last year.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/...sualty-at-fukushima-nuclear-plant/?redirect=1

Where did you find out that a THOUSAND people died?

Good thing Fukushima has the ocean to spread tons of contaminated nuclear material for decades. You can drink wine from California with Cesium137 at 'safe' levels.

We know about Chernobyl because it happened more than 30 years ago. We barely know anything about the long term impacts of Fukushima.
As opposed to traveling by air and being notified by SWEDEN that your reactor is fucking gone?

I'd say that's pretty equivalent all things considered but the scale and speed of the spread and the exposure and concentration was infinitely worse with Chernobyl. It is true that the long term impact of Fukushima will be known in the future but according to what we know, it's not going to be as bad as Chernobyl. It's been 8 years since Fukushima and no mass radiation poisoning took place. 8 years, and all we still have is speculation. Think about that.

Your first article is a guy pushing his book, 3 years ago. What a reliable source?

My first source is indeed this guy. He wrote a book about radiation and wrote an article specifically comparing Fukushima and Chernobyl.

With credentials like this :

Timothy J. Jorgensen is associate professor of Radiation Medicine, and Director of the Health Physics and Radiation Protection Graduate Program, at Georgetown University in Washington DC. His scientific expertise is in radiation biology, cancer epidemiology, and public health. He is board certified in public health by the National Board of Public Health Examiners (NBPHE). He serves on the National Council on Radiation Protection (NCRP), he chairs the Georgetown University Radiation Safety Committee, and he is an associate in the Epidemiology Department at the Bloomberg School of Public Health at the Johns Hopkins University. His research interests include the genetic determinants of cellular radiation resistance, and the genes that modify the risk of cancer. He is the author of the award-winning book "Strange Glow: The Story of Radiation" (Princeton University Press; 2016) -- a book that explores the risks and benefits of radiation use in daily life.

https://theconversation.com/profiles/timothy-j-jorgensen-239253

He's going to be pretty hard to discreditate, so yeah, he wrote a book, so what's your point? Are you going to dismiss authors and University professors to focus solely on people who have never published anything except from shitty blog posts?

Of course the swift reaction of Japan mitigated the disaster, because the potential was there, that's entirely the point. If they had let it go it would've been worse than Chernobyl I think. But they didn't, so it wasn't.

I wouldn't worry too much about Cesium 137 in californian wine, unless you also worry about mercury and other heavy metals from the ocean. All things considered the ocean is a big place and once diluted, the amount of radioactive material outside of Fukushima itself, and especially the amount that managed to make it across the ocean, catch a ride in water vapour, deposit in the wineyard and then travel into the grapes is pretty close to normal levels you'd find anywhere. I'd worry a lot more about pesticides and other stuff that's applied directly to the plant over many years. I know that's not as sexy a thing to worry about as cesium though ;)

Playing "my nuclear disaster is bigger than your nuclear disaster" misses the point entirely. They're both examples of what not to do when working with civilization-ending materials.

But if you must: Chenobyl: ~85 peta bequerel of radioactive material released; Fukushima: ~25. You can read about what bequerel mean on your own.

Marshal islands are also a pretty bad nuclear incident

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back