** Official 2019-2020 Montreal Canadiens Thread **

Y'a juste les vieux qui porte sa sérieux. Les jeunes le font pas pentoute.

Au quebec encore moins
Chu considéré millennial et j'en porte un depuis le 1ier novembre, c'est important pour moi de se rappeler de ces héros de guerre.

Jai like ton post par erreur

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Chu considéré millennial et j'en porte un depuis le 1ier novembre, c'est important pour moi.

Tu peut quand même dire que tes une très petite minorité. J'ai jamais vu personne de proche ou de loin de moi porté sa a part des grand parents.

Envoyé de mon CLT-L04 en utilisant Tapatalk

Tu peut quand même dire que tes une très petite minorité. J'ai jamais vu personne de proche ou de loin de moi porté sa a part des grand parents.

Oui effectivement le monde me trouve weird et double check pour s'assurer que je n'est pas 60 ans... Mais bon, je toruve que ce genre de valeur se perd et je trouve ça dommage.

et moi, dans la mis 30-aine, je suis considerer millenial aussi (et ca me fait chier) et jpeut dire que pas mal tout le monde dans mon entourage le porte. Mes 2 equipe d'hockey, tout le monde le porte, la majorite de mes clients (Gen X) le portent.

A moin d'etre d'un secteur ultra francophone genre Hochelaga, Ahuntsic, le plateau, etc...j'vois pas comment tu peut dire que personne en porte sauf les vieux.

EDIT - a, ben j'voit que tu est de Hochelaga, donc j'etais pas loin du bullseye :p

et moi, dans la mis 30-aine, je suis considerer millenial aussi (et ca me fait chier) et jpeut dire que pas mal tout le monde dans mon entourage le porte. Mes 2 equipe d'hockey, tout le monde le porte, la majorite de mes clients (Gen X) le portent.

A moin d'etre d'un secteur ultra francophone genre Hochelaga, Ahuntsic, le plateau, etc...j'vois pas comment tu peut dire que personne en porte sauf les vieux.

EDIT - a, ben j'voit que tu est de Hochelaga, donc j'etais pas loin du bullseye :p

Haha yup je vien de l'Est
Je travaille a anjou et resté longtemps a anjou.

Mais j'ai une job de bureau donc je vois pas vraiment mes clients. J'ai des franco et anglo de partout du quebec et ontario mais au téléphone et par courriel on vois pas grand chose.
Peut-être différant dans l'ouest de mtl mais encore sa la reste une ''minorité'' si sa tien seulement a une moitier de MTL.

Btw je dit pas non plus que je m'éprise les vétérans.

regardless of where a Canadian is born, everyone should respect Canadian values, and this is one of them. Cherry has said a lot of crap over the years and he should have been gone long ago, being a patriot should not be a problem. I guess the level of butthurt has exceeded previous record highs. He bashed Quebecers, Russians, Europeans, you name it, and nobody blinked. But saying that immigrants should get on board with Canadian values is offensive? Might be offensive to some immigrants. But what about non-immigrants? They should be offended that he defended their values and got canned. Everyone can get offended for something. I don't like Don Cherry. I think he's a dinosaur and moron and his bias for the Leafs and Bruins is the "cherry" on top. But he's taking the fall for being right and it's just dumb.

If an Indian driver moves to Canada are we allowed telling him that he should drive on the other side of the road or is that offensive to him?

I'm an immigrant so I can say it: immigrants should get with the program. Don't like it? GTFO. You think you will have it better elsewhere? go. You want to turn this country into your former country? Just go back and you will be in your medium, you don't have to fight to change anything.
There are lots of countries to live in and Canada is probably the most permissive. Move to France, see what that's like. You'll come back in tears.

People get on board with Black Friday and Valentine's day very quickly, but nobody cares to show respect for Canada's history.

EDIT: Overall whether an immigrant, or a non-immigrant doesn't wear the poppy is not a problem. But out of respect for Canada, don't get offended if someone says you should.

Last edited:
If wearing the poppy is such an important value, why are fewer and fewer Canadians wearing them?
Also, isn't the poppy just virtue signaling? It basically says:"I support our troops to the point where i'm willing to spend a toonie but not provide them with proper health care or supply them with vehicles that aren't held together with duct tape."

the poppy is for WWI veterans. that war ended 101 years ago so it is slowly getting lost. had it been in support of all soldiers who died in the line of duty in all the wars, it probably would have kept its significance. People show their appreciation and they pay for the duct taped APCs through their taxes. If the people have to pay for the equipment directly, then they'll make their own roads and hospitals and then the government can be abolished.

Maybe people would support our soldiers more if our country stopped sending them to topple governments in oil-producing countries. Just saying...

Back