Greta Thunberg's unofficial and unauthorized thread of the global changes discussion

Et Balavoine mettait la main à la pâte. Ça aura causé sa mort: "Durant les années 1985-1986 à la suite des grandes famines éthiopiennes, il s'engage en faveur de l'Afrique par le biais du Rallye Dakar et devient l'un des premiers artistes français à s’investir personnellement dans l'humanitaire. C'est au cours d'une opération destinée à acheminer des pompes à eau pour la culture du riz qu'il meurt, avec quatre autres personnes, dans un accident d'hélicoptère alors qu'il survolait le désert malien."

^^
The guy who wrote that is a ex-Shell long time employee, his list of "500 scientists" is, in part, a mix bag of fellow climate change deniers (ex: Heartland Institute members). He is basically a lobbyist for the oil industry... I don't expect a fair and logical approach from governement lobbists, do you?

How exactly do you chose who to trust between a private sector employee or a government official/politician?

Because your private sector employee or government official/politician will cite scientists which are subject to peer reviews. Then there are people who think Youtube is a source of serious information.

it doesn't answer the question as to how you chose who to trust between private sector or gubmint. Both can hire reputable scientists who have their work validated by peers and both can manipulate the results to make them say what they want to.

it doesn't answer the question as to how you chose who to trust between private sector or gubmint. Both can hire reputable scientists who have their work validated by peers and both can manipulate the results to make them say what they want to.

After over two decades of being interested in the whole climate thing, I will give you a very good tip. If it has "Heartland Institute" ties... it is horse crap and move to a different source.

After over two decades of being interested in the whole climate thing, I will give you a very good tip. If it has "Heartland Institute" ties... it is horse crap and move to a different source.

fucks given about heartland institute: 0

actually, if you care to research it, you'll find tons of articles from back in the day pointing that out. there are scientists debating it today and you can find those too. I said that the scientists are divided on the subject. you have a problem with anything that doesn't fit your narrative and you dismiss it as junk.

I never said that it's wrong or right. all I said is that scientists are divided, and it's nowhere near Obama's 95%.

I'm sure you will hate to hear it but on that Obama IS right...

There was tons of paper from 40 years ago AND before that mentions that burning fossil fuel, mowing down forests everywhere (etc…) was going to lead to a rise in global temperature. Yeah the consensus was not as strong, I don’t get your point and how that relates to today’s.

Fast forward to now, no credible scientists will say that the current level of human activity will lead to a cooling of the global temperature. It’s so silly to negatively paint climate scientists at large for what was not quite as well understood 40 years ago (and before). That is brownface next level shit…

I'm sure you will hate to hear it but on that Obama IS right...

There was tons of paper from 40 years ago AND before that mentions that burning fossil fuel, mowing down forests everywhere (etc…) was going to lead to a rise in global temperature. Yeah the consensus was not as strong, I don’t get your point and how that relates to today’s.

Fast forward to now, no credible scientists will say that the current level of human activity will lead to a cooling of the global temperature. It’s so silly to negatively paint climate scientists at large for what was not quite as well understood 40 years ago (and before). That is brownface next level shit…

your specialty is twisting words and making stuff up.. I have to say this every time I post and you still don't get it.

All I said is that the scientists are not 'unanimous'. 40 years ago they were predicting the opposite. today they are mostly saying it's warming up. some credible scientists are debating that. it's not 95% in agreement with Obama. He said that based on an IPCC report that was proven to be false and which has been denounced by the people whose names are on it. do your research.

Back