Ase

The village of St-Eustache has made a mistake that I hope it regrets for a long long time. For the sake of a bit more tax money, they did away with a facility that helped give birth and nurture motorsports at the entry level. It was a portal that was used by drag racers, oval racers, drifters, circuit racers, karters, motorcycle racers and others to enter a sport and now its gone. Never again will there be a such a versatile venue with such close proximity to a large urban center. The village missed this point and to that end, I hope they regret at one point.

Yes, we will continue to teach, lap and race at other venues around the province and northeast but a convenient spot like ASE just doesn't exist anymore. It will be sadly missed and most likely only kick in next year when the rites of spring will have to take an alternate path for enjoyment,

I personally had a great run at ASE and have no regrets, just awesome memories and they tributes and testimonies just keep coming and bring the occasional tear to my eyes.
ASE - lapping at least for now- RIP, gone but never- ever forgotten!!

Triste nouvelle en effet. Que de souvenirs quand j'étais jeune avec mon père.

Les CASCAR, Mini-Légendes, les ''courses de minounes'', l'odeur de gaz, le monde qui buvait de la bière dans des verres en plastiques Molson Dry et le gars qui criait: ''HALF N' HALF - MOITIÉ MOITIÉ!''

:tear:

J'ai pleins de bon souvenir de St -Eustache,
mais ce qui avait était cool a voir c'est v'la 4-5 ans un gars avec sa 5.0 récente avait garoché un peu trop de nitro !!!!

Le hood a arraché et ''revolé '' au moins 20-25 pieds dans les airs,
ça surpend quand t'est pas loins du char...

Y'avait un vidéo facebook de sa,
j'ai essayé de trouver sur YouTube mais sans succes.

The whole noise reasoning is bullshit. Put a dB limit in place like most race tracks do - problem solved.

What happened to ASE is someone got paid the right amount of money at the right time.

The whole noise reasoning is bullshit. Put a dB limit in place like most race tracks do - problem solved.

What happened to ASE is someone got paid the right amount of money at the right time.

Ce que je comprends surtout pas c'est que tu décides de déménager à proximité d'une piste de course et après tu te plaints du bruit.

Pensez vous que quelqu'un un jour va flairer la bonne affaire et ouvrir un nouveau centre motorisé dison a moitier chemin entre Quebec et Montreal, piste de drag, lapping, drift, kart, motocross et l'hiver drag de ski-doo, sno-cross, drift sur fond glacé.
Oui ca demanderais un gros investissement, mais avec toute les piste qui ferme, je peux pas croire que ce genre de complexe ne pourrais pas etre rentable.

Pensez vous que quelqu'un un jour va flairer la bonne affaire et ouvrir un nouveau centre motorisé dison a moitier chemin entre Quebec et Montreal, piste de drag, lapping, drift, kart, motocross et l'hiver drag de ski-doo, sno-cross, drift sur fond glacé.
Oui ca demanderais un gros investissement, mais avec toute les piste qui ferme, je peux pas croire que ce genre de complexe ne pourrais pas etre rentable.
You'll never recoup the investment on such a seasonal business. Generally people who open tracks are already stupid rich and have stupid rich friends that buy in. Gone are the days of buying a plot of land, paving and call it a track. Environmental study alone would be depressing

Un peu comme Icar, loin de tout.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Mon cavalier en 2002 a manger une volee a tout.les jeudi a st-eustache!

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

You are so damn wrong it's depressing.
In the end the owners of the place got good coin and the city solved an issue. The losers are the enthusiasts once again

I'd be sorta pissed too if there was constent smoke shows and general numskullery vs having regular track events which didn't seem to be an issue

J’avais un certain espoir avec le complex SRA il y a quelques années. Malheureusement, même sa superbe piste de Karting va fermer. C’etait le spot parfait

In the end the owners of the place got good coin and the city solved an issue. The losers are the enthusiasts once again

Owner got quarters on the dollar.
Le plan d'Allan était de léguer la piste à ses fils. So the amount he got doesn't matter, it's not what he wanted to do.

City sat him down and said "take this offer, or take nothing and at the end loose everything anyways". There was some major stuff that the city wanted to fuck with too to force him to close anyways...
I won't go into details because I'm not certain what's public knowledge, and I don't want to start a speculation bullshit thread. I'm just tired of the Labrosse family getting shit on when they are hurting just as much as us.

And yes. We are all losers in this at the end of the day... The city of St-Eustache can get f-cked.

='(

Owner got quarters on the dollar.
Le plan d'Allan était de léguer la piste à ses fils. So the amount he got doesn't matter, it's not what he wanted to do.

City sat him down and said "take this offer, or take nothing and at the end loose everything anyways". There was some major stuff that the city wanted to fuck with too to force him to close anyways...
I won't go into details because I'm not certain what's public knowledge, and I don't want to start a speculation bullshit thread. I'm just tired of the Labrosse family getting shit on when they are hurting just as much as us.

And yes. We are all losers in this at the end of the day... The city of St-Eustache can get f-cked.

='(
That's exactly what I'm on about. We all know the story. It's take this offer or nothing. We all knew the tracks days were numbered

it must be near impossible to build a new track from scratch, what with cost of construction and land, and city noise and pollution regulations.

Any chance that there are a few acres in a near-by butt-fuck nowhere for sale? Enthusiast group buy and build a track, or finding investors?

it must be near impossible to build a new track from scratch, what with cost of construction and land, and city noise and pollution regulations.

Any chance that there are a few acres in a near-by butt-fuck nowhere for sale? Enthusiast group buy and build a track, or finding investors?

Why do we need another track in near-by butt-fuck nowhere when you can already go to LCMT or Calabogie?

Why do we need another track in near-by butt-fuck nowhere when you can already go to LCMT or Calabogie?

for people that don't want to pay 400$ a day? Calabogie is a whole week-end thing, you can't really go there for a single day, so you have to pay food and hotel on top...

They are nice tracks, but let's face it, they are tracks for people with deeper pockets...

All the people with miatas and civics that used to go to ASE on a regular basis, do you really think they'll go twice a month to Tremblant and Calabogie?

Back