Grève au CN

Checkez ce que les Albertain disent:

ae405028cd31b811e39efb80347d6fe0.jpg

2b2ff93807028b3b14b1e606f104ae68.jpg
6e629e1a06e89a8b54fe981f65d986c2.jpg
919194a251fd9c24dad99404d8060ea4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what to make of Alberta ... A cousin livedd in Edmonton and posts similar rants that everything is Quebec's fault. Meanwhile when his GF got preggers and AB started to turn down they ran back here.

Quick run through,

Brakeman are not on 24/7, yes at the beginning you work on a spareboard, after your shift (which you can book to not do more than 10hrs of work) you book yourself the rest you want, going from 0hrs to 24hrs, so after your rest you do become available to be called on a train, and this goes for locomotive engineer too.

Yes you do get called 2hrs before the start of your shift to get too work (some places are 3hrs and others 4hrs).

The box they have on them weighs about 5lbs which clips on their safety vests that are specially made for it. These boxes are used in the yards only.

For the autonomous trains, it will never happen around here, too much public crossings and other obstacles they go through.

And for single man crew, with what happened in Megantic, it wont happen here.

The conflict they have right now is more than just safety. Dont forget that the word safety is what triggers everyone.

PS: been working for CN for 8 years, 5 years as a conductor and now 2 years as a supervisor. I’m for it that the guys fight for what they want, but theres always 2 side to a story!

I'm not sure what to make of Alberta ... A cousin livedd in Edmonton and posts similar rants that everything is Quebec's fault. Meanwhile when his GF got preggers and AB started to turn down they ran back here.

Boggles my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick run through,

Brakeman are not on 24/7, yes at the beginning you work on a spareboard, after your shift (which you can book to not do more than 10hrs of work) you book yourself the rest you want, going from 0hrs to 24hrs, so after your rest you do become available to be called on a train, and this goes for locomotive engineer too.

Yes you do get called 2hrs before the start of your shift to get too work (some places are 3hrs and others 4hrs).

The box they have on them weighs about 5lbs which clips on their safety vests that are specially made for it. These boxes are used in the yards only.

For the autonomous trains, it will never happen around here, too much public crossings and other obstacles they go through.

The conflict they have right now is more than just safety. Dont forget that the word safety is what triggers everyone.

PS: been working for CN for 8 years, 5 years as a conductor and now 2 years as a supervisor. I’m for it that the guys fight for what they want, but theres always 2 side to a story!
Mégantic like all accidents are multiple factors.

Denying that pipeline is the dumbest thing Quebec is doing.

I get it - ideally there would be no need for fossil fuel and everything would run on electricity and magic faery dust.

In the real world though... that pipeline would be ok. I approve of it.

Avez vous du blé d'inde de couché par le vent dans votre coin ?

En plus de toute la marde que tu viens d'énumérer ,nous faut attendre que la neige fonde si ont veut pouvoir battre les plants écrasé .Criss de belle année de marde lol

Ça décrisse une batteuse en plus une saison de même ....

Oui! le vent du 31octobre a fait mal! Je bat le plus proche du sol que je peux pour essayer de le relever!

Cest poche pour les agriculteurs mais la greve leur raison est bonne. La securite. Si on vx pas un autre megantic.

Les break man sont sur call 24/7 la plus paet du temps avant davoir leur permanace.

Yon 2h pour se rendre a leur cours ds triage pour faire 12h de train.

Ca cest sans lea ride accrocher au wagon abec la manette du robot dws fois sur 20-25 kilo beau temps mauvais temps

Quand je suis saoul raide dans un party et que j’ai une alarme... devine qui revien a ferme en taxi pour peleter 5000 litre d’eau dans du fumier en vomissant dans pelle . Je trouve sa drole quand je lis des affaires comme ca.. si ils n’aiment pas leur job, ils ont juste a changer!

Quick run through,

This, on parle quand même de salaire se rapprochant des 100k et ce avec un secondaire 5, c'est évident que certains downside y sont associés. Je fais affaire avec le CN sur une base quotidienne (Suncor MTL-Est) et sans vouloir rien enlevé a leurs revendications ils en beurrent épais un peu. Sérieusement les teamsters y sont pour beaucoup je crois, on parle quand même d'un des syndicats les plus puissant et influent. J'espère qu'ils vont trouver un attente parce que c'est crissement pas bon pour la business entretemps...

Back