Guess the damage

JoeyV

Like many others have done here, I'm posting a couple pics of my car after some dummy ran a stop and hit me in the passenger side. Guess the damage. There are 2 right answers.

1) The repair estimate/cost?

2) Since after I requested a market value re-evaluation, the car was deemed was a write-off; what is the amount they gave me for my car (including taxes)?

Damage to my vehicle 1.jpg

Damage to my vehicle 2.jpg

Damage to my vehicle 3.jpg

Additional details:

Car is a 2011 Scion tC, manual with 187xxx kms. Mint condition before the accident (anyone who's come to my place for detailing can attest to that).

Aaaaaaaang go!

Le plancher a pas bouger certain

Envoyé de mon CLT-L04 en utilisant Tapatalk

Ouais je regarde ca et c'est probablement pas assez centre pour deformer le plancher.

T-bone au centre surtout avec une FWD des fois ca deforme au centre. D'ailleurs qqun je connais a eu une blessure assez grave par sa ceinture de securite quand le plancher a deforme, son banc a leve et sa ceinture l'a ecrase sur le banc.

So, it does seem weird that the car is a write-off, but that's because the repair is more complex. Due to the location of the impact, the entire quarter panels was going to be cut-out, un-welded and a new one was to be put in, a new door was required and repainting the entire side as well. This was estimated at $5998.75. BTW, the floor was not affected.

Given this, I didn't want to drive around with a repaired car, so I asked for a market value evaluation. Since the insurance was ready to pay just short of 6K for the repair, I negotiated to get as close to that as possible for my pay-out. That was $5748.75.

So, it does seem weird that the car is a write-off, but that's because the repair is more complex. Due to the location of the impact, the entire quarter panels was going to be cut-out, un-welded and a new one was to be put in, a new door was required and repainting the entire side as well. This was estimated at $5998.75. BTW, the floor was not affected.

Given this, I didn't want to drive around with a repaired car, so I asked for a market value evaluation. Since the insurance was ready to pay just short of 6K for the repair, I negotiated to get as close to that as possible for my pay-out. That was $5748.75.

Makes sense... I posted in general section for a similare thing and I was quoted 6K on my CRV see here.
https://www.montrealracing.com/forums/showthread.php?914017-Combien-de-dommages-selon-vous

although mine looks to be in far more worse shape then yours.

Back