sway bar links.. OEM vs aftermarket??

fabchef

Hi guys, i'm thinking of changing out the rear sway bar links on my lexus rx350. i just wanted to get your opinion on weather to go with original OEM toyota bar links? or aftermarket?
i saw there where a few companies out there... Moog, mevotech or AC Delco.
what is your take on these? any good? or better to go with Toyota stuff?
thanks
fab

I guess it depends on the price difference? If OEM lasted you 10 years, it doesn't sounds like that's a something that needs "improving upon" or risk playing quality roulette with offbrand stuff unless OEM is super cost prohibitive / unavailable.

Within the aftermarket you'll have different quality levels.
AcDelco advantage is cheap whereas Pro is a step up. Same for mevotech original vs supreme (do you really need greasable sway bar links tho?)

Then again, we're talking sway bar links here. It may not be as crucial to go for the top shelf stuff like it would be for rotors, pads or shocks. I probably wouldn't spend days researching these. Moog should work just fine if you're not going the OEM route.

Sway away from third parties

Dans le cas de ma mr2 c'était pas mal le même prix oem ou pas pour des link kit.

Get some nice aftermarket polyurethane sway bar bushings if you want a tighter more sporty feel. I'm sure the factory ones will be rubber which will flex and compress much more than polyurethane.

Update. So picked up some aftermarket links today. Is it best to change them with both tires planted on the ground?
Or
Is it best to have both sides jacked up?
Or
One side lifted at a time?
Thanks
Fab

If you have access to remove with wheels on ground do it. It’s easier as the stab bar is compressed

Rebel. Yes. I also have ramps. So i can back up car ontop of ramps and remove like that. Is that a better way?
I thought jacked rear with tires off was best way? No?
Fab

Back