Thread de jogging/course à pied.

Il avait les conditions parfaites au marathon le plus rapide du circuit, je sais pas quand ces conditions vont encore être présentes dans un marathon officiel pour le titre.

C'est toute une machine!!! Un "vrai" marathon il peut même pas avoir de pacers qui courrent devant lui vu que personne est capable de suivre son rythme hehe.

Il est humble en plus!!

P.s. 2:15:37 pour les femmes c'est fou raide

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Irréel la vitesse au marathon. 37ans en plus, quel athlète. Sub 60min le premier demi!!!!

309246671_5390719240965710_5970712126107721181_n.jpg

His pacing was not ideal. Kipchoge slowed in the final miles, running 61:18 for the second half after going out in an unprecedented 59:51 for the first 13.1 miles. He still won by 4:49 over Kenyan Mark Korir.

“I was planning to go through it [the halfway mark] 60:50, 60:40,” Kipchoge said. “My legs were running actually very fast. I thought, let me just try to run two hours flat, but all in all, I am happy with the performance.

“We went too fast [in the first half]. It takes energy from the muscles. … There’s still more in my legs [to possibly lower the record again].”

j'ai de la misère à choisir entre les 2 lequel est le plus impressionnant. Je penche légèrement vers le simple marathon, mais wow...

306947996_799787984354764_9054185859854524530_n.jpg

4min30 c'est un pace correct, mais vingt-quatre fucking heures en ligne!!!

They don't downgrade his exploit not one bit.

Who said anything about a downgrade?

You are arguing not with me but with science. If they wouldn't help him run those times he wouldn't wear them. The energy return on a light, carbon plated show is amazing. All the elites are running on Alphas or Vapourfly or other brand carbon infused shoes and smashing course records and PB. Don't think he does this in a traditional flat like a Nike Katana, or Adizero RC, NB Comp etc.

Who said anything about a downgrade?

You are arguing not with me but with science. If they wouldn't help him run those times he wouldn't wear them. The energy return on a light, carbon plated show is amazing. All the elites are running on Alphas or Vapourfly or other brand carbon infused shoes and smashing course records and PB. Don't think he does this in a traditional flat like a Nike Katana, or Adizero RC, NB Comp etc.

I remember when Kipchoge broke the 2hr record, they had pacers running at a specific formation (triangular) to block the wind ... so yeah every bit helps.

so yeah every bit helps.

exactly! often I hear comments about shoes playing a role (which they do), but like anything else in life they are just a tool. if the shoes were literally doing all the work anyone would be able to run at crazy paces.

there hasn't been a lot of major advancements in running shoe technology up until about 10years ago and in the past ~5yrs there have been many big changes.

My girlfriend purchased a treadmill recently so I decided to start running again, to add some variety to my training routine. I’m a mountain biker so most of my training in the off season is on a smart trainer with Zwift. I typically ride 5 or 6 times a week, my main goal being to raise my FTP. I used to run regularly, but that was over 20 years ago.

I started running two weeks ago and I’ll admit I’m slower than I expected, considering I’m not in terrible shape. I’m mostly focusing on my form for now. I initially was running at around 158 SPM and was able so far to increase that to 172 SPM. I’m also slowly increasing the distance, currently doing 7Km at around 6:35/Km. I’d be satisfied if I could do 10Km under an hour.

Right now, I run twice a week and I reduced cycling to 4 times a week. Anyone has a training program they would suggest that combines running and cycling, but with the main focus on cycling? Should I be looking at a triathlon program, without the swimming?

I don’t have a running watch, but my treadmill is compatible with Zwift and I have a HRM strap and connected shoes that can give me all the metrics I need. Using Zwift is easiest for me, but I’m open to using other apps or tools.

Ran my first 10k since my injury in april,

With the 35kmh gusts we had today i was able to get it done in 49minutes...still 5minutes slower than my PR but not bad considering the winder and that it was my first attempt in a long time.

I'm slowly adding runs to my weeks to get back into it..hopefully all goes well

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

I ran 5km at 6m/km Wednesday. It took everything I had to maintain the pace at the end. This morning, I ran for an hour straight at 7m/km. My hearth rate stayed in the lower portion of Z4 most of the time, so I definitely could have increased the pace. I just wanted to see if I could run an hour straight, which is my target time for 10k. I think that’s within reach this winter, just need to settle on a workout program to get me there.

I ran 5km at 6m/km Wednesday. It took everything I had to maintain the pace at the end. This morning, I ran for an hour straight at 7m/km. My hearth rate stayed in the lower portion of Z4 most of the time, so I definitely could have increased the pace. I just wanted to see if I could run an hour straight, which is my target time for 10k. I think that’s within reach this winter, just need to settle on a workout program to get me there.

5k in 30 min good man.
As they say if you wanna run faster, run slower and don't forget to stretch/foam roll (before) and after.. injuries really suck.

man ca fait un bout que j'ai pas courru. Et c'est tellement tough reprendre, surtout avec la température actuelle

par contre, je deadlift proche 400lbs lol

Dans strava t'as l'option d'avoir une "heat map" en fonction de où tu as couru dans le monde. Ca doit être pas pire pour toi!
https://www.strava.com/athlete/heatmaps

edit: fuck c'est rendu une fonction premium seulement.

j'avais fais les championats du monde en groupe d'Age sur le site des olympiques de Beijing en 2011. c'était fou. L'ambiance, mais la pollution aussi....
293170_10150377006016068_1585467637_n.jpg

au moins le site de compé était en dehors de Beijing et on pouvoir voir le ciel
298041_10150377004766068_2074419121_n.jpg

Back