Bonjour- Hi!

I can easily say about 50% of the stores starting à Des sources and going west.
That is a small parts in quebec.

And you are telling me those stores refuse to serve in french?

50% of all stores starting from ddo should be in few hundreds if not thousands. Go, prove it. Videotape it.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

The problem with performing one of these hidden camera exposés downtown MTL is that a lot of the people working in these retail establishments are not english people born in Quebec, but rather from Ontario, maritimes, and the US who live here to study or simply because they want to live in a big city. The employer should have done a better job getting bilingual employees.

A story of this nature is particularly offensive to the small minded quebecois who never goes downtown montreal anyway and probably never left the province for that matter. The story is clearly meant to be incendiary and create animosity towards english speaking quebecers but is not necessarily representative of the Quebec born anglo.

Downtown Montreal has traditionally always been always been very English. It was built with old English money going back to the industrial revolution. Not to mention all the tourists, students, and the fact that it is the most cosmopolitan place in this province.

I agree that you shouldn't be working retail in Quebec if you cannot speak french whatsoever.

All Quebec-born Anglos should have a usable grasp of the french language at the very least, if they are not bilingual, and those who have lived here all their lives who cannot communicate in french at all are just plain ignorant. The same level of ignorance could be said of the "rural" Quebecois who cannot put together a basic sentence in English, but has no qualms about throwing around English words as part of their slang "joual" or incorporate them into their usernames for example but is quick to demonize the use of English.

Yes clearly by saying Quebecers aren't a race i am openly condoning the ability to "say all the shit we want" towards any and all religions. How do you read what I wrote and come away with this conclusion?

I'm asking you the question, the term racism is used for all and nothing.

Back