Nissan Mechanic

Scott at work
b2d873e2c40c1d35bc25c1548d5d0a49.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Honestly your fuel efficiency degrades with the more km's you put on the vehicle. No Nissan specialized tech has the answer. If you already did all the basic maintenance, there is not much more they can do. I know Nissan is notorious for having stuck rear calipers. When was the last time you did maintenance on the brake system?

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

Honestly your fuel efficiency degrades with the more km's you put on the vehicle. No Nissan specialized tech has the answer. If you already did all the basic maintenance, there is not much more they can do. I know Nissan is notorious for having stuck rear calipers. When was the last time you did maintenance on the brake system?

This is how it will go down. Tech will plug scanner in look for codes. Monitor fuel trims/ up stream O2s etc, make sure the coolant temp sensor is reading correctly road test. Look for a tsb. Make sure the brakes aren't dragging. Say they found nothing and pay for 1-2 hours of diagnostic. Any fault though would light the CEL up. System too rich Bank 1-2 or cooling system performance. Something like that

Garages are way too busy now to be chasing phantom problems they also aren't going to fire the parts canon at it. You have a big gas guzzler Nissan V6 in the city.. with the colder weather of course it got worse. Longer to warm up.. cooler denser air to calculate.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Shitty fuel efficiency that's gone to shittier fuel efficiency.

shitty fuel efficiency : the issue is called: Nissan Pathfinder
shittier fuel efficiency: the issue is called: winter.

could be a bad o2 sensor, but you would have a CEL. (same for any other fuel systeme erlated problem.)

Do you do short cold trips? Like I mentioned in the other thread with my automatic 2003 maxima vq35 engine i was doing 15liters of supreme gas for 100 km of purely city driving in winter. So 18-20 for a brick like a pathfinder in city in winter is nothing wrong

You're most likely right, I know it's a gas guzzler, was hoping there was an easy answer. I changed the rear discs/pads this past June, everything was fine until about September.

You're most likely right, I know it's a gas guzzler, was hoping there was an easy answer. I changed the rear discs/pads this past June, everything was fine until about September.
Did you grease your slider pins? That's what is most important. They caliper needs to move freely.

shitty fuel efficiency : the issue is called: Nissan Pathfinder
pourtant, cette génération la de Pathfinder n'est pas dur sur le gaz ! Ma sœur en a un 2016 aussi et ca consomme 10-11L/100km, plus économique que son ancien Escape 2.5 FWD...

Envoyé de mon LM-G850 en utilisant Tapatalk

pourtant, cette génération la de Pathfinder n'est pas dur sur le gaz ! Ma sœur en a un 2016 aussi et ca consomme 10-11L/100km, plus économique que son ancien Escape 2.5 FWD...

That is very good, considering that engine is not the most economical and the car weights ~4500lbs. I have done worse in Fits, Civics and Yarises.

15-20l / 100km sounds more than ok to me.

Elle fait beaucoup de highway?

Back