Formula 1 Official thread

Kin esti.

0c8dd29dcf862a4a101721fbd90b1b1d.jpg

si tu referre quand il a chialé "they race me so hard" au Nurburgring, il voulait dire que AlphaTauri (écurie soeur de RedBull) le laisse pas passer et l'empêche d'aller chercher les front runners en plus du risque qu'ils finissent par crasher un dans l'autre (comme ça a fini par arriver avec Kvyat d'ailleur).

But that's not really old school. That's the best way to do it. Even for a street track day car.

@oldschoolZ can explain more

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

On a fait aligner la Z06 Katech d’un ami de cette manière dans une petite shop à Laval. Le gars est vraiment minutieux un ancien mécanos de GT3 cup.

Ça faisait 2 ans que l’auto allait mal et faisait n’importe quoi... 3 shop différentes avaient passé dessus pour l’aligner.. et ils avaient détruit le comportement de l’auto, l’auto était imprévisible.

Il a fait de la magie, l’auto est méconnaissable! ENFIN!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

On a fait aligner la Z06 Katech d’un ami de cette manière dans une petite shop à Laval. Le gars est vraiment minutieux un ancien mécanos de GT3 cup.

Ça faisait 2 ans que l’auto allait mal et faisait n’importe quoi... 3 shop différentes avaient passé dessus pour l’aligner.. et ils avaient détruit le comportement de l’auto, l’auto était imprévisible.

Yea I think people get too hung on how fancy the equipment is... I find myself these days reaching for the caster/ camber gauge and ruler more often on certain models. You can easily make toe plates.

Funny we had a Skyline in with adjustable everything and I suggested it be done by hand vs slapping the heads on

Corvette tech ou quelque chose comme ça ? C'est un ancien mécanicien de Grand-AM / ALMS / IMSA qui travaillait chez Magnus Racing qui a parti ça !

Yea I think people get too hung on how fancy the equipment is... I find myself these days reaching for the caster/ camber gauge and ruler more often on certain models. You can easily make toe plates.

Funny we had a Skyline in with adjustable everything and I suggested it be done by hand vs slapping the heads on

Works really well with some string, just needs to be thin string of contrasting color to the ruler you use and it's super easy to read. Often what people do is they get a fishing rod reel (fishing rod without the rod) with the correct string, makes it easy to store the string later and also acts as a weight to keep the string tensionned between the front and rear alignment bars.

In DTM we use the same method with strings for setting toe, camber gauge for camber and ride heights were done with a construction laser (like a home depot laser) set to a reference height to the corner scales, then you just read the height off a reference point with a ruler / vernier.

It's probably easier to do the alignment with a machine (I've never done it personnaly) but I've never been dissapointed by doing it myself. I had a track car that I always did the alignment myself on, you could let go of the steering wheel at 180 and it would stay straight.

Je viens de revoir un extrait pendant le mega crash à Mugello, Grosjean dit "That was the worst thing i've seen, ever!".

Lol, I guess you've seen worst now!

Gonna be a good 4 driver battle next season. If Aston Martin comes in serious then it may also be a 5 driver battle with Vettel in the mix.

gonna be a long 3 months!!

Vraiment heureux pour Perez, il le mérite amplement. Je pense qu’on peut dire que maintenant RB ont le meilleur tandem de pilote du plateau.

Back