What do you think? Worth contesting?

BooM

Hey guys,

So I got a ticket for driving on a street that is CLOSED (except residents, buses & taxis) between 730-830 am & 230-330pm due to a school. I honestly did not see the fucking sign but I was going to a property located in a cul-du-sac PAST the school and it's the only way to access it. I saw the cop from far but didn't realize what he was there for, when I came to the stop sign there was 35 kids crossing so I waited 5 mins for all of them to cross and drove past the cop, at this point I came to the end of the cul du sac, busted a U turn and the cop came straight for me. I told him that I need to access this property for work and I will park in the garage to which I had access but tried parking outside at first, he didn't give a shit and gave me a 173$ ticket, right after that I pulled into the garage that is located past the fucking school which is the only way to access it. Another colleague that needed access to the property also got the same ticket that morning, her story is even worst, the stop guard told her the street is closed before she passed the cop but she had equipment in the car and it was icy as shit that day, so she figured she would pull up to the cop and explain to him that she needs to bring it to the front door to which he said fuck off, you already past the stop sign, here's the 173$ ticket. All this being said, that fucking cop let the delivery drivers pass no problem, I guess cuz it's their job, but guess what, we were also there for work but we couldn't pass? I ended up actually parking inside the building and she had to walk 2 blocks with expensive ass equipment on ice, I think that's not really fair.

Anyways, if you read all this, thank you

Last edited:
Description de l'infraction:

étant le conducteur d'un véhicule routier, en ne vous conformant pas à la signalisation installée en vertu du présent code

c. C-24.2 Art: 310 Code déf.: CO

Yeah I'd contest the fuck outta that. BS ticket ..... cop sitting there too collecting tax money. Fkn loser.

like my ticket last summer, SPVM cop claimed I was driving 110kph on the highway and gave me a ticket stating I wasnt respecting the highway signs lol

at the end of the day, youll go to court and because you didnt follow the laws by the book you're going to lose

Once you contest, ask for the dévulgation de la preuve and you will see if you have a case.

I was going to write an explanation on the back of the ticket before sending it in in hopes of avoiding going to court but I will ask for the divulgation de la preuve in this case.

Don't write anything. Contest and then ask for devulgation. Don't give them any info. That's a beta move.

i suspect if you do your research a bit you would have a case

like what was the exact intent behind the sign ...

i haven't seen much of these but normally it's to prevent traffic to use the street as a short cut

i suspect legaly if you need to go there ... it's not in the power of the city to stop you ... at least using the csr power

if you have valid reason to go knock to a door of a citizen living in that area , you are as allowed as a citizen ...

and that is a weird infraction since they have to stop you .... before they are sure you have committed the infraction ...you know you have to proof your not guilty reverse logic

Back