News: BMW X1 Unveiling at Canbec, Pics

Gregster

Legacy Member
Spring is in the air and that means the bi annual trek to BMW Canbec for the unveiling of yet another BMW product. With so many new models recently it's hard to keep track of whats what. The X1 is BMWs compact crossover SUV that has finally reached North America. It's based on the 3er touring. I'll be honest I wasn't paying much attention to the guy talking, I was too busy drinking free German beer ,amazing free German beer and discussing Kimi driving in Nascar. So look on Wikipedia for specs or bmw.ca

Anyways here are some pics from the event.

Welcome to BMW Canbec.

Enter the X1. Alpine White and some new brown.

Now my thoughts. I think it looks great! I kinda thought it would be useless but I believe it can serve a purpose Nice alternative to the GLK

More marketing...Audi and BMW are kings of these marketing events. I really don't see the point or need of these vehicles. Instead of this, why doesn't BMW bring back the 5 Series Touring in its new F10 body style. Much more practical, better looking, better driving dynamics and more prestigious.

Détail intéressant, alors que les X3 et X5 sont assemblés en Amérique du Nord, le X1, lui, arrivera directement d'Europe. Là-bas, en plus du six cylindres de 3 litres (258 ch), ils ont droit à pas moins de quatre cylindrées diesel. Sans doute qu'un X1 xDrive20d, avec moteur biturbo de 177 chevaux (mais surtout, un couple de 258 lb-pi), aurait sa part de succès au Canada

Si tu peux vraiment avoir le moteur diesel sa devient assez intéressant!!

Went to the BMW site and there's no pricing nor can you build or configure it. I think my sister and a friend of mine would be interested. Wonder what's the pricing would be.

The hell are those white eyebrows on the brown X1??? This whole eyebrow/eyelid nonsense they've introduced is overshadowing the angel eyes and essentially ruining their beauty.

Yeah 5er touring would be a better choice. however I don't believe that the x1 is that bad to drive considering what it's based on. Point is the 4 pot twin turbo engine under the hood will be in the new 3

The X3 is all new as well and is the competitor to the GLK.
It has grown in size so BMW made the X1 to fill in the gap of a smaller Cute Ute.

And they have the smaller mini crossover too. 5 suv/crossover in one brand...

Back