Goodbye BMW Euro Delivery

Ça m’est passé dans la tête de me gâter pour mes 40 ans et faire un Euro delivery, choisir un package individuel couleur combo unique pour une voiture que je garderais un bon bout.

Mais le problème c’est qu’il y a rien dans leur line-up qui m’intéresse assez pour justifier d’acheter une voiture neuve. J’aurais vraiment aimer pouvoir le faire pour un E46 M3 ou Z4M Coupe il y a 15 ans disons.

Sinon, le seul manufacturier que j’aimerais pouvoir faire un Euro delivery présentement avec une voiture à la carte c’est Porsche. Mais j’ai pas ce genre de budget...

Nice of them not to "blame it on COVID" I guess.

I've never been in the market for that type of product, but i thought it was a cool idea.
If you pull it off right, it's the kind of lasting memory that could make turn a regular consumer into a lifetime buyer.

Ça m’est passé dans la tête de me gâter pour mes 40 ans et faire un Euro delivery, choisir un package individuel couleur combo unique pour une voiture que je garderais un bon bout.

Mais le problème c’est qu’il y a rien dans leur line-up qui m’intéresse assez pour justifier d’acheter une voiture neuve. J’aurais vraiment aimer pouvoir le faire pour un E46 M3 ou Z4M Coupe il y a 15 ans disons.

Sinon, le seul manufacturier que j’aimerais pouvoir faire un Euro delivery présentement avec une voiture à la carte c’est Porsche. Mais j’ai pas ce genre de budget...

Ouais c'est plate, parce que c'est vraiment nice le Euro Delivery. Ils plaquent ton auto en Europe et tu te fais un road trip en Autriche, Suisse, Italie, rouler sur l'Autobahn *tu*:D , c'est magnfique dans ce coin là.

Peut être une M2 Competition ?

Ouais c'est plate, parce que c'est vraiment nice le Euro Delivery. Ils plaquent ton auto en Europe et tu te fais un road trip en Autriche, Suisse, Italie, rouler sur l'Autobahn *tu*:D , c'est magnfique dans ce coin là.

Je suis pas fan du look de la M2. J’aime mieux la M3 côté look. Mais encore là, je trouve que les lignes sont un peu trop agressive (bumper avant et arrière) et pas fan du son des mécaniques turbo. Pas assez convaincu pour en acheter une neuve mais peut-être une usagée dans un futur rapproché.

My cuz did that 2 years ago with his M3 (manual of course) Picked up the car in Munich, paid the extra week for insurance etc and spent almost 3 weeks at Lake Lugano. Topped out at 273kph on an unrestricted autobahn. The nice part was they kept the temp plates on the car when it was shipped.

The entire experience leading up to it was cool as well. BMW would send you a gift leading up to delivery. The final one was a really nice passport wallet and engraved key chains with a note "your adventure begins soon"

It's sorta odd though as one of the main reasons behind "BMW Welt" was Eurodelivery for North American clients. As a BMW loyalist this one really stings after the Mini was a 2er was going to replace it

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

While I haven’t seen the overhead costs of such a program, it seems that the dwindling numbers of those who do still buy BMWs that can be picked up in Europe are more likely to be purchasing enthusiast vehicles they’ll actually want to turn into an entire experience. Why not keep it going for those who are more likely to appreciate it?

^this. Don't get why they'd cancel it even if interest is extremely low.

^this. Don't get why they'd cancel it even if interest is extremely low.
I've heard tales of dealers not wanting to offer it as it cut into their profit margin. You can search around the European delivery section on Mboards. Then offering massive discounts on in stock models instead. The Welt delivers about 100 cars a day, how many are from North America? I'm not sure

https://saverocity.com/travel/bmw-european-delivery/ this is a good read. The BMW Club discount is a real thing. I got that applied on my Mini!

There is a possibility certain tax laws could have changed as well. As it's imported as a used car vs new.

Back