brakes fade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Demandes à Carl pour du ATE Super Blue ou motul. Éventuellement tu vas chauffer tes freins assez pour une session de 20 minutes, même moins.

halo : as tu eu besoin de changer pour du dot 4 avec des sessions de 20 mins ou cest plus pour quand je ferais des plus longues journees ???

je veux pas que sa bouille

J'ai une bouteille d'huile, j'ai pas pris le temps de changer encore... pas eu de problèmes de mon côté.

Street pads on the track: needs much longer braking distances which creates more heat than actual stopping, which boils the fluid, which makes the brakes spongy, which require to brake even longer before the orner, which generates even more heat... then glazes the pads :cry: and boils fluid again. Brake pedal goes to the floor.

With real track pads: come in hot, tap the brakes for a short distance, dive in, even throtle to the apex, unwind, back on throttle, track out... Fluid stays fresh and you look like a king.

Novices tend to abuse brakes by braking way too much. And use lousy pads too :bigup:

Well, the fluid was probably hot enough to boil, and this added air to you brake lines. Air is compressible, brake fluid is not, so this is why your pedal is soft.

You should change pads & fluid right away.

As for cooling, most cars now come with protector plates. Removing them may improve cooling somewhat :bigup:

Yeah, I thought about it thruought the day and that thought popped up, so I checked out what the OEM fluid was and it turns out they come out of the factory with DOT 4:dunno: ... but then again it's 14 months old so it might be wet.

I thought of removing heatshield but then I'd have to put heat reflective tape on the cv joint and wear sensors..

maybe get slotted/drilled rotors but i'm not convinced they're not only for looks since you sacrifice contact surface...

Raphael and Eric, all of your questions and more can be answered with one visit to the store.
Many of your options were discussed incuding noise and wear.
Buying track pads for a street car is a game of compromise.
we discussed the benefits of swapping out pads for track days too.

For the fluid, no matter the OE is, you need to upgrade to fresh race fluid.

It will be my pleasure to go over it again with you guys when I see you next.

First hand experience, with my MK5 jetta. What you described is the fluid boiling. After a day or two of regular off track driving, the air in the brake lines moves its way to the top and then you find your break pedal again. The stock brakes on MK5 suck on the track. They just don't stop the car. Bigger vented disks and HP+ pads in the front with a better brake fluid (higher boiling point) made a world of difference.

Raphael and Eric, all of your questions and more can be answered with one visit to the store.
Many of your options were discussed incuding noise and wear.
Buying track pads for a street car is a game of compromise.
we discussed the benefits of swapping out pads for track days too.

For the fluid, no matter the OE is, you need to upgrade to fresh race fluid.

It will be my pleasure to go over it again with you guys when I see you next.

School's in session listen to the teacher:bigup:

bahahaha elles te regardent

toi : hmmmm wow les belles fille me check avec mon auto

elles : ouinnn le gars sachete une belle auto mais il est trop pauvre pour changer ses frein... maudit cheap

Bahahahahahah

Assez pour tourner le jolie regard des demoiselles aux coins de rues lorsque je m'arrête. :D*blah*

d'habitude, quand tu leur fait un traitement hebdomadaire de piste, ils sont silencieux pour quelques jours... Puis ils recommencent à crier comme des cochons qu'on saigne !

Donc on parle de 4-5 jours de criage par semaine :bigup:

Il y a d'autres marques qui crient moins... J'ai roulé des EBC Yellowstuffs qui étaient excellents sur ma Mustang mais pourris sur ma WRX. Results may vary comme on dit. Les HP+ sont beaucoup plus durables par contre !

Lâcher le DOT4 .... cà vous prends au minimum DOT5 pour un usage plus intense !

Personnelement je recommande Castrol SRF, pourquoi ? L'huile est presque transparente ce qui facilite de voir la dégradation de l'huile lorsqu'elle chauffe ! ;)

Là arrêté de niaisé avec vos brake stock pour faire du lapping et passé voir Carl ASAP :bigup:

Lâcher le DOT4 .... cà vous prends au minimum DOT5 pour un usage plus intense !

Personnelement je recommande Castrol SRF, pourquoi ? L'huile est presque transparente ce qui facilite de voir la dégradation de l'huile lorsqu'elle chauffe ! ;)

Là arrêté de niaisé avec vos brake stock pour faire du lapping et passé voir Carl ASAP :bigup:

tu serais surpris des freins de Mazda3 stock ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back