Mon projet Golf 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ makes a good point.. nothing better than to do a project yourself.. especially when its in the back of a reputable shop like that. If he messes up, there's always someone to ask something about it *tu*

exactly, no i got someone to coach me, even better, i know it wont be super mint because i do it my self, but the point is, i want to build something my self, why throw 10g to get a car built up if you can do it your self, whish is the only reason why i started that project, kill some time, have hobby and learn some new stuff, but most peep here dont see it that way, they would rather give money away, but oh wait, lowball first!

your gonna do body work outside or inside the shop ?iiiiiiiiiiiiiii i can already see dan screaming at you for primer fumes all over his tools lol

we are far from spraying yet and when we will have to do it, we will build a booth. until then, i am stipping the paint with POR15 stripper and a scrapper, it takes a long fukin time but its really worth it in the end.. no sanding.

latest update, I got the door cards stripped. Tomorrow, I will go out and buy fabric and stick it on there.

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

we will be making a temp boot that can fold most likely..we still have to talk about it though. My friend owns a body shop anyways, so worst case scenario, i ll spray it out there.

yeah, i need to buy new bateries for the camera so there is no pictures for now but basically, car is stripped, nothing left on it, leaving for the body shop tomorrow. yesterday, i tore down the engine. all i got left is the bloc, it leaving this morning for a machine shop, getting acid dipped for cleaning. then i will put it back together with brand new crank and rod bearings, and more stuff to come. pictures tonight

I know its been quite a while since the last update but weather wasnt great and i have to work on the body outside of the shop for obvious reasons. So here is a few extra pics of the progress so far.

All i have left to do is pretty much to prime the car and paint it. I will later on this summer get both rear wheel arches and rear valence made by a real shop so that its done right.

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1404.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg

Sprayed some venil wash on the bare metal parts. the rest of the engine bay is to get stipped to bare metal as well.

IMG_1401.jpg

quickly fited the euro fender on the passenger side

IMG_1415.jpg

and the engine bloc back from acid dipping to get clean. The head is going to get the same treatment this wednesday and then its time to put it back together!

IMG_1399.jpg

Bonne chance mon gars, t'es vraiment bien parti.

En masse de pics sur les door cards. J'ai toujours eu la chienne de sortir la colle contact pour coller du tissus pour après me retrouver avec des plis impossible à corriger. Qu'est-ce que tu prévois utiliser comme tissus? Pour ma part, j'aimerais m'essayer avec de la microfibre (simili suede qui se lave), mais je me demande si ça s'étire?!

Anyway, lâche pas!!!

non ca s etire pas! j ai du utiliser de la cuirette et la chauffer a find avec de la colle contacte sinon ya rien a faire tu va devoir decouper et monter comme un bricolage. J ai des sparco sprints aussi qui vont se faire recouvrir sous peu. plus de photo bientot, la je met le body de coter le temps que la temerature revienne belle je vais travailler a remonter le moteur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back