Stopped less than 5m from pedestrian crosswalk

Cereberus99

I received this parking ticket on my motorcycle this morning. I already read a few of the posts concerning this where people say that it can't be contested but there's a few things I'd like to know.

Here are some details of the incident:
South-West corner of St Catherine and Drummond
Car parking within 5meters of the crosswalk
about 1.5m of space in front of said parking space before the first line of the crosswalk
No signs stating "no parking past this point" after the city parking.

1. unless the police officer took out his measuring tape and took a picture, why couldn't I contest this to say he made a judgement call?

2. How can they have city parking that doesn't respect this stupid law.

3. Could it be contested stating that as the city's parkings don't respect this law, why should I get penalized?

It's incredibly frustrating to get this because it is ONLY a cash grab. The bike is never in anyone's way. I'm far enough from the car to not hinder his leaving the spot and as I understand it, unless the bike is blocking space, usually the metermaids give a free pass to motorcycles.

3ClhDyX

I was a wee bit to the left of the post. The car that was parked yesterday wasn't surpassing the line like the car in the pic is.

edit: Pic isn't displaying for whatever reason link: http://imgur.com/3ClhDyX

Last edited:
Is the name of the parking agent N. Freville? If it is, contest it. She is KNOWN to be a crazy unstable power tripping ******.

3ClhDyX

I was a wee bit to the left of the post. The car that was parked yesterday wasn't surpassing the line like the car in the pic is.

edit: Pic isn't displaying for whatever reason link: http://imgur.com/3ClhDyX

3ClhDyX.jpg

fixed

Ps: tu depasse pas mal de la ligne du stationement par contre on voit clairement que meme etre dans les ligne tu serais a moins de 5M du trotoir donc le dit stationement deviens un pieges a ticket en soit ..

je pense que tes chance sont bonne

3ClhDyX.jpg

fixed

Ps: tu depasse pas mal de la ligne du stationement par contre on voit clairement que meme etre dans les ligne tu serais a moins de 5M du trotoir donc le dit stationement deviens un pieges a ticket en soit ..

Cette voiture n'est pas la mienne. Ma moto etais stationné un peu à gauche du poteau noire dans la photo. Je suis d'accord que la moto etais stationné à moins que 5m mais n'etais pas dans le chemin de la voiture qui etait stationné là, hier.

3ClhDyX.jpg

fixed

Hey Jacob ont 25% de rabais!

Ma collègue en scooter se park toujours là... je demande si elle c'est fais coincé aussi, j'ai pas vue son scoot là récemment.

Not to be a fofo or anything. But if you parked your motorcycle in front of the paying parking spot I'm glad you had your ticket. Sur cette rue la, les emplacements de stationnement sont tarifées. Normalement une auto aurait pas rentrer en avant de la Cayenne. Toi t'as pu fitter avec la moto, Ok, mais t'es supposé parke dans un espace rectangulaire tarifée anyways, et cela même si t'as une petite moto. Crime c'est un véhicule à moteur pareil.

(écrit en anglais pour garder mon train de pensés)
I have to disagree with you on that for multiple reasons:
1. motorcycles are less visible in parking spots and it has happened that a car pulled into the spot not seeing that there's a bike there and knocked over the bike.
2. The law doesn't state that you MUST park in a paid parking spot. only that if you use a paid parking spot, you're expected to pay for it. Otherwise the logic would be that any car parked in a spot that doesn't have a meter should automatically get a fine.
3. another danger of having a bike park in a paid parking zone risks having some guy try to squeeze into the spot because he's "pissed that a tiny bike is taking up valuable car parking".

The spot where I parked doesn't hinder anyone in the slightest. It was far enough from the car parked to allow him ample room to get out. It wasn't even close to the crosswalk so it's not like pedestrians had to walk around it to walk to the other side. Why should an area not large enough for a car but large enough for a bike be off limits to a motorcyclist?

-yeah i have seen somebody win a ticket like that
-but to win the first parking MUST be closer than 5 meters
-the defense was if the parking spot is design to be less than 5 meter than the city is obviously stating that the 5 meter rules doesn't apply there...

-yeah i have seen somebody win a ticket like that
-but to win the first parking MUST be closer than 5 meters
-the defense was if the parking spot is design to be less than 5 meter than the city is obviously stating that the 5 meter rules doesn't apply there...
When you say the first,
do you mean the line for the back of the parking =>[ car ]
or that the end of the parking has to be within 5m [ car ]<=

any part of the parking lol....

the line for the beginning of the parking spot (nearest to stop line) was closer than 5 meter... rendering that article invalid (by the city, person of autorithy or else) in that specific spot

Taking for granted the wheels on the porsche are 20 inches. There is 180 inches between the stop line and the parking line. Which would be about 4.5 meters...

Seems like its more like 160 inches, so close to exactly 4 meters

(écrit en anglais pour garder mon train de pensés)
I have to disagree with you on that for multiple reasons:
1. motorcycles are less visible in parking spots and it has happened that a car pulled into the spot not seeing that there's a bike there and knocked over the bike.
2. The law doesn't state that you MUST park in a paid parking spot. only that if you use a paid parking spot, you're expected to pay for it. Otherwise the logic would be that any car parked in a spot that doesn't have a meter should automatically get a fine.
3. another danger of having a bike park in a paid parking zone risks having some guy try to squeeze into the spot because he's "pissed that a tiny bike is taking up valuable car parking".

The spot where I parked doesn't hinder anyone in the slightest. It was far enough from the car parked to allow him ample room to get out. It wasn't even close to the crosswalk so it's not like pedestrians had to walk around it to walk to the other side. Why should an area not large enough for a car but large enough for a bike be off limits to a motorcyclist?

Donc, c'est mieux que 10 motos prennent 10 places tarifées admettons? La rue va être quasi vide et le monde avec leurs voitures vont rager parce qu'au fond, toutes ces motos auraient pu aller ailleur vu qu'elles sont petites.

c'est une question de principe, pourquoi une loi pour les voitures et une loi pour les motos ? a ce que je sache, il y a UNE loi/règlement pour les véhicules a moteur, ce qui inclus, moto, voiture, truck, scooter, etc.

la moto a tout les droits de se parker dans un parking payant autant qu'une voiture, je vois pas pourquoi je serais faché parce qu'une moto prenbd une place payante, elle en a tout a fait le droit.

c'est une question de principe, pourquoi une loi pour les voitures et une loi pour les motos ? a ce que je sache, il y a UNE loi/règlement pour les véhicules a moteur, ce qui inclus, moto, voiture, truck, scooter, etc.

la moto a tout les droits de se parker dans un parking payant autant qu'une voiture, je vois pas pourquoi je serais faché parce qu'une moto prenbd une place payante, elle en a tout a fait le droit.

En effet une moto devrait se place dans une place au meme titre qu une auto

Mais je doit avouer que si toi tu trouve ca correct. ...

Y en un estie de paquet qui trouve pas ca correct...sans en savoir la raison...

Et tout bon motocycliste sait qu il est risquer de le faire sur une rue ou ya pas de division specifique
ya tout le temps un jambon qui va esseyez de coller la moto et par finir par la chrisser sur le cote

Le chauffeur quebecois moyen voit juste lui meme....les motos les pietons les velos ca a pas ca place sur le reseau selon lui

Back