Official UFC Thread

another silly comment.

just to name one, cain velasquez.

not sure if these guys were collegiate "champs" but they were definitely wrestling in college and were all MMA champs: Dan Severn, Mark Coleman, Matt Hughes, Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture, Tito Ortiz, Rashad Evans, Brock Lesnar, and Dan Henderson

I meant to say the don't NECESSARILY make good mma fighters. my bad

umm actually it is free mma.

strikeforce videos are up on youtube and their not brain dead they let people watch their fights so even if you DONT have showtime you are watching their fights regardless for FREE after the event (check up youtube youd be suprised)

btw strikeforce stream is up pretty good card randy couture's son is fighting today so itll be cool to see how he turns out. Fancy pants vs Bam Bam is gonna be a sick main event so if you guys are bored catch it here: http://www.mmatko.info/strikeforce-...-and-fight-videos-lyle-beerbohm-vs-pat-healy/

Maybe he is not going to ko im with a punch, but with a knee or something like that. I know rua as more experience... but i think Jones is probably the next light heavyweight champs, and in a couple years well see him going heavyweight, and once again, ill be the champs.....

But it's true Rua could win... jones is younger and less experience.. we will see, it could be a short fight, just as much as a long fight!!!

what don't you get?

I don't get your original comment.

How did Jones prove that collegiate wrestlers don't make mma champions as you said before?

Because what i got is that because Jones won, against a "better" wrestler, he somehow gave you the impression that being a wrestling champ doesn't make a difference or that Bader is just a wrestler....and that's just crazy talk. Everyone who has ever watched MMA knows you need more then just wrestling.Everyone also knows that its a great base and massive asset.
People should also know Bader is more then just a wrestler, isn't afraid to take a punch, but got beat by the better fighter.

Edit..This makes a bit more sense.
http://forums.montrealracing.com/showpost.php?p=7881482&postcount=1256

I don't get your original comment.

How did Jones prove that collegiate wrestlers don't make mma champions as you said before?

Because what i got is that because Jones won, against a "better" wrestler, he somehow gave you the impression that being a wrestling champ doesn't make a difference or that Bader is just a wrestler....and that's just crazy talk. Everyone who has ever watched MMA knows you need more then just wrestling.Everyone also knows that its a great base and massive asset.
People should also know Bader is more then just a wrestler, isn't afraid to take a punch, but got beat by the better fighter.

Edit..This makes a bit more sense.
http://forums.montrealracing.com/showpost.php?p=7881482&postcount=1256

hehe yeah, my bad.

Im more excited for the bisping rivera match up then BJ penn + Fitch

Bisping is gonna put on a clinic lol rivera is too slow.

the ranger up videos also killed it he lit a fire under the brits ass and bisping aint a joke.

I say bisping wins any way he wants but he'll take rivera to the ground and maul him 2nd rnd TKO

Il me semble que Bisping affronte beaucoup de nobody ces temps-ci

bisping is pretty much dana's british cash cow. he feeds bisping cans to attract british fans. its actually become quite a travesty. whenever he fights someone top 10 he loses. its been like this ever since he joined the ufc

Back