What is the RX-7 real weakness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munchy2000

Banned
I hear that the 3rd gen RX-7 has a weakness cause it's so fragile. It's cause the engine and turbines are too compact???

Can you give me any info on this and what you can do to avoid it?

re

well it is true, the rx7 is not really what we could call a reliable car.

but with the right reliability mods, it gets much better. The problem is that with other car, you don't really need reliability mod so moding a rex is a little more expensive.

there are a lot of solutions and this car is probably the best all-around vehicule. (power and handling)

do you plan on buying one?

puma

Uhhhh I love the RX-7 and would die to own one... But first I need to be able to drive. For now I wanna know know what's the deal with the car!

What are these reliabilty mods that u should do first?

rx7

good luck trying to find one ! that car is hard to find !

Re: rx7

oh hell yeah. RX7 especially in MTL is hell to find. the people that do have them though hold on to them well!

No, I've got probably the cleanest '90 you can find. Plus I can find a better way to spend $25 000 on a used car, especially after talking to dealership mechanics about the third gen cars.

re

well there is one thing for sure, YOU MUST NOT go to the dealer to have your problem fix, come see me, i charge nothing (almost :) )

there is no shop competent enough in quebec to work on that car.

if you have any question on the 3rd gen, e-mail me

pumalex@hotmail.com

Re: re

rotary engines are a bitch to fix. i saw one in nyc token apart. all i have to say is WOW!

Re: re

There are only about 18 parts that make up my motor, still, I've got no plans on taking it apart!

The RX-7! I've seen one upclose at SCP2... that's the only one... others i've seen parked or driving by... man i love that car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back