240!!!..about time i found one that satisfys me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KRABSTARR

IM SELLIN HER ......1100$ lil nego...lots of new parts on her....check link

http://forums.montrealracing.com/showthread.php?p=3457140#post3457140

2402wl.jpg

24025hw.jpg

24033hk.jpg

24041je.jpg

24058gw.jpg

24062fs.jpg

24072md.jpg

better sized pictures

Last edited:
psshh... red 240's are ooogly... lol

congrats on the purchase... if u need a hook up for a good body shop lemme know!

well you'll need to fix that rust shortly because It wont last 2 more winter imo.
Prepare yourself to pass alot of hours fixing the rust on the body. I've seen way wost than that but it needs attention for sure.

do you guys think this is not a dead cause?...this can still be a good base for projetc??...i mean the floors are mint...no rust spot..only the raill...and the holes on the driver side arent too big...there is no big gap...but hey...its my first 240..what do i know...:cry:

do you guys think this is not a dead cause?...this can still be a good base for projetc??...i mean the floors are mint...no rust spot..only the raill on hte driver and the holes arent too big...there is no big gap...but hey...its my first 240..what do i know...:cry:

I think it'll be a great project! Fun too! I say do everything u can do urself but make sure u get ALL the rust. cut that shit out and weld new sheet metal back in. If there's anything u think is over ur head then u bring it to a profesional. Have fun... I did

Just remember... shitty body work will come back next year

Great car for project!

store it right now, start to work on it, don't take it for drift, drag or whatever I'm pretty sure it won't last long if you don't take care of it

you've buy it right on the momentum, now store it, put every penny on it, your 2 hands, time to make it perfect and be able to say '' I made this car ''

Datsun510 said:
Great car for project!

store it right now, start to work on it, don't take it for drift, drag or whatever I'm pretty sure it won't last long if you don't take care of it

you've buy it right on the momentum, now store it, put every penny on it, your 2 hands, time to make it perfect and be able to say '' I made this car ''

ill make love to this car if i have to.....:p

but hey...is sheet metal relally enough to fix a frame rail???...i probly try to weld like a 1/4 inch or ven 1/2 inch sheet metal after i cut out the rust:bigup: ..

iirc, in auto body repair 16 to 24 gauge steel is typically used. but with frame rails i suppose they would use at least 6 gauge steel (around 1/4 inch). i would think 1/2 inch would be way too heavy and way too thick. imagine trying to achieve proper penetration while welding metal that thick?

wut kind of welder does ur friend have?

RoYaL FLuSH said:
iirc, in auto body repair 16 to 24 gauge steel is typically used. but with frame rails i suppose they would use at least 6 gauge steel (around 1/4 inch). i would think 1/2 inch would be way too heavy and way too thick. imagine trying to achieve proper penetration while welding metal that thick?

wut kind of welder does ur friend have?

hes got a mig:dunno:

just go to a Nissan dealer and buy the Frame rail, part number: 75171-53F00

it's about 50$ and take it to professional for about 300$ you have a brand new frame rail, installed and forget it!

Lemme know how your frame rails go!
Mine was pretty much the same with half the body work "done" and a blown gasket! I have yet to get to the down n dirty of the project tho!

Datsun510 said:
just go to a Nissan dealer and buy the Frame rail, part number: 75171-53F00

it's about 50$ and take it to professional for about 300$ you have a brand new frame rail, installed and forget it!

yeah about that...id the frame rail taked on to the body or is it part of the body on 240's??...also...i was just woundering if the frame rails are 1/16 inch thik or 1/8 or thiker??. cause some ppl tell me framerails are thinn usually like 16 gauge or 8 and ppl like royal flush says it 6 gauge

KRABSTARR said:
cause some ppl tell me framerails are thinn usually like 16 gauge or 8 and ppl like royal flush says it 6 gauge

no no... i was i was only guessing on the thickness... I don't know the thickness for a fact... just know that it's a lil thicker

i'll ask my friend who's a professional and get back to u

good for you, buddy, the body on my car is the same as you except the frame rails has been re-enforced. have you checked the inner rear wheel-well? are there holes?
anyway, have fun with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back