KRABSTARR's 240 BUILD UP!!!EXCITEMENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

KRABSTARR

Well, here is the deal. Everyone made a thread for their build ups. I WANT MY OWN!!:yikes: ....so i got the car in May 2006 imported from THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!..USDM STYLZ!:run: ...so i droove it around for around 5 monthst without having passed any inspections....when i finally said to myself: yo foo...time to get your shit straight.

I swapped the engine before goign to inspection (genious me).......and I passed after 3rd time :bigup:

This pic is the result of not knowing what the hell to do since its my first swap ever....basically everything is just made to work...no esthetic work!...by the way it HAIG approved...yeah that right...not only did he approve it but he stuck a bunch of screw drivers and allen keys in the vaccum leaks....thank haig...your the best!:D ( there, is said it)

...i still have to fix some rust onframe rails in the front...luckily nowhere else....

i got some tein ha suspention for the back of the car before i put it to storage and some JIC magic in front (very very nice and stiff)...here is how she looks like:

so anyways...plans for the body would probly be to get a wide body for the back and to get 5 lug spindles...aslo gettin some plyurethane bushings and some subframe collars.....oh yea...and a lsd (garbage 1990 model :squintfin )

as for the engine and engine bay...well..hahaha thats another story...im sorta goin all out...but im broke...so its gonna be slow......so here are the plans for the engine rebuild:

-Complete Gasket Set
-Copper/MLS Head Gasket
-Wiseco Forged Pistons
( 84mm Bore) and
(8.8:1 compression) (or higher if i can get)
-Plasma Moly Rings
-Performance Wrist Pins
-TOGA HP Main Bearings
-TOGA HP Rod Bearings
-Freeze Plugs

had a question for the CA18DET peopleout there....is the ca18det and ca18de the same exact stuff except for the n/a and turbo difference...liek the internals and head bolts n all...its the same stuff??

also some other things to finish it up liek a couple of broken sensors such as this one (anyone know what this one is called)
:
pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]

i also got the brake booser here for FREE...yeaa...but im not sure if its a 300zx one or something like that becasue its bigger than the stock 240one...and it looks very similar to the 300zx one...anyone coukld tell me plz

pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]

so here are some pics of the engine half stipped.......she looks very nice

oh yeah...how do you get that god forsaken crank pulley offff??!?!?!?!?!
pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]
pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]

The intake...well im trying to simplify it by taking off some stuff.......i was just woundering...the flaps on the EGR rod that passes through the intake...can i take those of......well..can i take off the whole egr solenoid thingy??...i thing it would make the ehad look alot cleaner....200sx boy ..this question is for you...i know you alreayd answerd sort of...but i wanna know if you can take the whole egr off and not the flaps only....also gonna take it to sand blasting.....is that a nono for aluminuim??

and finally the picture of the head....im gonna have to get some grinding paste and resurface the valve seats probably...if there not to messed up....if they are...i found a guy on ebay sellin em :D:D:D...gotta love ebay!:run:

so anyways...ill post up some more pics of each individual part while its gettin redone n all so that everyone can kill some time at work :D

impact gun is your friend with the crank pulley bolt! lol... nice build, but your still not gonna be as fast as me! ha

hahaha...yeah i guess you have the ca18 big brother...but the problem with the crank pulley isnt the bolt...its the pulley itelf..it doesnt wanna slide out or anything...weir..

Rafstarr:....i dotn know if itll be ready by the end of semester.....:s..hope it will though...impress some jewish bitchess!:D

hahaha...yeah i guess you have the ca18 big brother...but the problem with the crank pulley isnt the bolt...its the pulley itelf..it doesnt wanna slide out or anything...weir..

Rafstarr:....i dotn know if itll be ready by the end of semester.....:s..hope it will though...impress some jewish bitchess!:D

pry bar !!!

your courageous , opening up your engine and learning by dismantling it

thumbs up dude, if you need help i'll be GLAD to

remove the intake flaps, get some injectors , get a turbo manifold + bigger turbo and get some adjustable cam gear , don't buy cams it's not worth it

with a standard t28 turbo your good for more power then you'll need in the street

I see more and more ca18det....Damn we are so cheap.....
Are you still boosting 0.8bar?

lolll...i was actually looking on the site where im gonna order form (yea the site mentionned above) and i found a ca18de rebuild kit which is exactly the same except it comes with head bolts as well AND ITS LIKE 25% cheaper!!:D

here are some pics of the car once i took the engine out and got it back to the storage place..

I know what your ganna say....just hold it in...krabstarr powered

pic of engine bay without the krabstarr or ca18det:

makin love to the car:

here are a few parts i got for now...more to come as soon as i get some money rollin in!:run:

monkey with turbo timer..GReddy

monkey got thirsty

This is the engine harness...it was sooo ugly and falling apart when i got the engine...i didnt even bother cleaning anything up when i put the engine in the first time...i just wanted it to work...but now...i had time...so i almost completely finished "rebuilding" the harnesses...like cutting useless wires n all.....like i cut off that stupid blue plug that goes to a certain "computer thingy"...pff who needs that.........but honestly...i just took the old electric tape along with the plastic protection wrap off and put some new ones....and i also bought plugs(didnt put em on yet) to put on my engine bay harness and engine harness so that i wont have to cut and re sauder wires everytime i wanna do something like taking engine out .....n stuff...

Also got some rad hoses from ebay...hope they fit...they dont look the same as the oem ones...but hey...i dont know...maybe theyll fit....THEY BETTER :scary:

HEre is my cat striking a pose

more pics another time

dude!! you bought cheap ass chinese rad hoses!! yeah they are half the price of real samco'S... but chinese... *td* hope for you it fits! and do not shit in the fan ;) btw like I asked... how much did you pay for your rebuild kit from IPP?

damnit!!...i was looking for some samcos but they duidnt have..there only like 40 $ more...but they come 2 pieces...i hope they fit...ill try to get refund if they dont!!....as for the rebuild kit from IPP...i didnt buy them yet, but they told me it will cost around 1075$ for everything including shippings....but the kit for the CA18de is like 25 $ cheaper and it comes with head bolt....im actually thinkin of getting that if everything is the same as the ca18det:D

*td* :D

if it is the ONLY or MAIN reason why you chose the CA18DET then you should be ashamed of yourself

I really like my engine but I'm not sold to ca18det. There is superior equal or infeiror nissan engine for the S13 out their. They all have their good and bad.
I really don't regret having an ca18det.
Peace ca18 brother:D

damnit!!...i was looking for some samcos but they duidnt have..there only like 40 $ more...but they come 2 pieces...i hope they fit...ill try to get refund if they dont!!....as for the rebuild kit from IPP...i didnt buy them yet, but they told me it will cost around 1075$ for everything including shippings....but the kit for the CA18de is like 25 $ cheaper and it comes with head bolt....im actually thinkin of getting that if everything is the same as the ca18det:D

yeah really I don't know why the "samco ebay imitations" have 3 piece... the samco is available on ebay for 130USD or so... as for the the rebuild kit I didn't want to go with them since I have my rebuild kit from nissan and only need main bearing et internals... ACL bearing and metal head gasket ,pauter/wiseco internals and ARP head bolts
et je parle francais ... je pense que tu est francophone... non?
pour ce qui es de sr20conv peace and we need to get these beast a decent photoshoot this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back