Oil change at the dealer - worth it or not ?

ziboy

Tittle say it all... at 275$ the oil change, I suppose they put at least 1 hour to inspect the whole car when it's under warranty or i'm mistaken ?

I want to make sure everything is fine at least once a year so i'm ready to pay for that but not only an oil change. That's fucking pathetic if you ask me and the girl at Audi was like we look if there's no oil leak, not much... ?!?!? IS IT SERIOUS ?!?

I was paying 85$ for synthetic oil change on my last car i thought it was fair. At 275$ I would do it myself for sure.

I was paying 85$ for synthetic oil change on my last car i thought it was fair. At 275$ I would do it myself for sure.

I can't do it myself. The car is on warranty.

I have in mind, you pay for what you get but at 275$ that's some crazy shit for only a oil filter, 5L of syntec oil and that's it. They must do something they never told me !

I have in mind, you pay for what you get but at 275$ that's some crazy shit for only a oil filter, 5L of syntec oil and that's it. They must do something they never told me !

Yes, you can. So long as you document it, it's fine.
Otherwise, go to an independant mechanic you trust and keep the receipt.

And no, they're not spending any more time on your car than they need to. The extra time/money is profit and they like it that way.

If you have what it needs to do it at home, buy your oil and filter and keep your receipts with KM of your car written on them. That's enough for your warranty.

If not, I would do it somewhere like VAG motorsport or somewhere else that won't charge almost 300$ for an oil change..

Wtf, j'achete de la Rotella T6 (35$) un filtre OEM 8$ et je la change moi meme sur le lift a un de mes chum pour 0$.

Meme chose pour le Corolla neuf a ma blonde.

Sa me coute en bas de 100$ pour 2 autos.

Avant je faisais exactement la meme chose mais a 4 pattes a terre dans mon garage pas de lift ou pit.

I go to the dealer for at least while the car is under warranty, you should read what they do for each service on your car to understand the price fluctuation between services.

Perso je le fait faire au garage ou je travaillais avec de la synthec + filtre Toyota. ~60$ et c'est fait.

Sous garanti pas mal de monde ont tendance à aller au concess mais tu peux le faire toi même ou dans un indépendant sans problème. Assure toi de garder tes factures et si possible d'utiliser des filtres OEM et non des aftermarket ( question d'être sur a 100% qu'ils ne te disent pas que c'est le filtre qui a causer le problème ). Tu vas sauver ~200$ du changement ;)

Au pire une fois par année va au dealer pour un checkup si ça peut te rassurer.

$275 for an oil change? What do you drive, a Bentley? You are being seriously ripped off!

BMW/Audi/others will charge about that price for an oil change + "checkup".

Perso je le fait faire au garage ou je travaillais avec de la synthec + filtre Toyota. ~60$ et c'est fait.

Sous garanti pas mal de monde ont tendance à aller au concess mais tu peux le faire toi même ou dans un indépendant sans problème. Assure toi de garder tes factures et si possible d'utiliser des filtres OEM et non des aftermarket ( question d'être sur a 100% qu'ils ne te disent pas que c'est le filtre qui a causer le problème ). Tu vas sauver ~200$ du changement ;)

Au pire une fois par année va au dealer pour un checkup si ça peut te rassurer.

BMW/Audi/others will charge about that price for an oil change + "checkup".

90$ at Cadillac and Volvo, was 65$ at Mitsubishi.

I let them do the Cadillac at the dealer because the bottom shield is a PITA to remove, Volvo too but less than the Caddy.

And no, in neither case there's nothing more included: Just the oil change - inspection is an extra 100$.

Tittle say it all... at 275$ the oil change, I suppose they put at least 1 hour to inspect the whole car when it's under warranty or i'm mistaken ?

I want to make sure everything is fine at least once a year so i'm ready to pay for that but not only an oil change. That's fucking pathetic if you ask me and the girl at Audi was like we look if there's no oil leak, not much... ?!?!? IS IT SERIOUS ?!?

S6 neuve ?

Si oui, nice !

Pour mon Focus RS chez ford ça me coute 138$

well .... it's call a rape ... usually rapists don't tell in advance

90$ at Cadillac and Volvo, was 65$ at Mitsubishi.

I let them do the Cadillac at the dealer because the bottom shield is a PITA to remove, Volvo too but less than the Caddy.

And no, in neither case there's nothing more included: Just the oil change - inspection is an extra 100$.

Your Volvo dealer seems to love you. They charge more at the TR location. As for cady it's the same as Chevrolet in here, it's pretty much the same rate as for an Aveo XD

I go to the dealer for at least while the car is under warranty, you should read what they do for each service on your car to understand the price fluctuation between services.

Most places rip you off and don't carry said "preventive" work. The best joke is brake maintenance. You're lucky if they take off the wheel and blow your disk with brake cleaner.

Most places rip you off and don't carry said "preventive" work. The best joke is brake maintenance. You're lucky if they take off the wheel and blow your disk with brake cleaner.

On enleve la rouille, on lubrifie vos slidding pins....

Bla bla bla..

Voila pourquoi je suis toujours mon auto dans le garage quand j'y vais. C'est pas parce que tu es au dealer que ton auto y sera nécessairement mieux traité que chez un généraliste.

Calm down with the bullshit lol.

We clean and lube everything, grind off the rust on the discs sides, remove the caliper brackets, sandblast them, sandblast the shims to remove rust, lube everything back up.

Back