Article: Qui veut une des 50 Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package au monde ?

How can one define this car as overpriced if there are no others on the market to compare pricing with? In the eyes of almost every single person in this province, everything is always "too expensive" even with a $25k FR-S, people find something to complain about (lack of power and quality of interior finish) and call it over priced.

The Ferrari 250 GTO costs upwards of $1M today...yet it will have its ass handed to it on the track by any Japanese sports car that can be had for less then $10K. The point is not always about performance, or anything specific. It's about that little thing that makes the car special. The 250 GTO had it, and so does this car.

How can one define this car as overpriced if there are no others on the market to compare pricing with? In the eyes of almost every single person in this province, everything is always "too expensive" even with a $25k FR-S, people find something to complain about (lack of power and quality of interior finish) and call it over priced.

The Ferrari 250 GTO costs upwards of $1M today...yet it will have its ass handed to it on the track by any Japanese sports car that can be had for less then $10K. The point is not always about performance, or anything specific. It's about that little thing that makes the car special. The 250 GTO had it, and so does this car.

It can't compare to any car why??! What makes it unique in the crowd of super cars we have today?! The only one I'd call "unique" would be the Veyron but other then that, I find an Aventador or Murci LP670 SV more "unique" than an LFA. I do agree it is rare and I would like to drive one but I still don't think it's worth what they're asking for it.

MAIS Clarkson l a dit..

Best car I've been driven.... ;) ( LFA )
"Ive been driven", est-ce qu'il voulait dire que yavait beaucoup trop d'aide à la conduite?? sinon il aurait dit "best car "i've drive", pas "been driven", non? (pas pro en anglais mais cest ce que je pense)

Ah pis l'intérieur en suède, personnellement, j'adore, wow!

It's not that it can't be compared to any OTHER car, it can't be compared to any of the SAME car. When something is over priced, it's in relation to it's make and model specific value. When this is the only car of it's kind, it cannot be called "overpriced" since there is no market price to begin with.

It also doesn't matter what "we" think it's worth because "we" cannot afford this car. Our opinions are moot on the subject. Some may say 'even if I had enough money I wouldn't buy it, but they really can't make that claim, because if they did in fact have enough money, they wouldn't be thinking the same way and probably wouldn't be discussing this car/ad on Montreal Racing.

How can one define this car as overpriced if there are no others on the market to compare pricing with? In the eyes of almost every single person in this province, everything is always "too expensive" even with a $25k FR-S, people find something to complain about (lack of power and quality of interior finish) and call it over priced

Because there's probably only 10 or so people on the forums that would ever even be able to viably afford a half a million dollar car, the people saying "lol too expensivesz would never buy" quite simply, would never be able to purchase it anyways. It's just e-criticism that shouldn't be taken seriously. It's also the reason why people assume that anyone with a nice car must drive poorly and that "money doesn't buy driving skillz".

End of the day, it's just kids rationalizing why they'll never own something like an LFA.

Moi, je m'en fou qu'elle soit "overpriced" ou pas la meilleure en piste, si j'avais l,argent, j'achèterais cette voiture uniquement parce qu'elle est un modèle d'ingénérie poussée à son maximum.

It's not that it can't be compared to any OTHER car, it can't be compared to any of the SAME car. When something is over priced, it's in relation to it's make and model specific value. When this is the only car of it's kind, it cannot be called "overpriced" since there is no market price to begin with.

It also doesn't matter what "we" think it's worth because "we" cannot afford this car. Our opinions are moot on the subject. Some may say 'even if I had enough money I wouldn't buy it, but they really can't make that claim, because if they did in fact have enough money, they wouldn't be thinking the same way and probably wouldn't be discussing this car/ad on Montreal Racing.

You still haven't answered my question: what makes the LFA so special? Its not made by a brand thats got racing/sports heritage, its not the fastest, its got an engine made by Yamaha (not saying its bad but not prestigious either) etc...

The only thing that makes it maybe stand out a little is its "limited" quantity. I can see how its gonna be only gaining value (like all the other limited edition super cars out there) but I find other supercars offer a lot more in the package for the price compared to an LFA.

I think that Lexus included the "limited run" tax in the initial price of the car. The only thing I see that justifies the price.

You still haven't answered my question: what makes the LFA so special?

I can't give you an answer to that question. Why? Because you're asking me to give YOU a reason that YOU will approve of about what makes this car special. It's all relative. You might not think it's special, but that doesn't mean it's an every day run-of-the-mill civic or that others don't find it special. I'm not saying you called it a Civic either...just in case you read that wrong. I'm just saying that it doesn't need to be the holy grail of all super cars to justify the asking price.

Seeing as this is the first and only LFA Nurburgring sold in Canada, and that it was sold by Spinelli Lexus, I know exactly what the guy paid for it, tax included, on day 1. For arguments sake, I will round it off to $515 000. This was in 2011 (it's a 2012 model that was paid for in 2011) now 2 years later he is selling it only 4K more. Granted the new owner will have to pay 9.5% taxes on that, we still need to keep in mind the fact that there are only 50 world wide, which will have a gaining effect on its value.

Lets also throw in the fact that just like the Veyron, the manufacturer loses money every time they sell one of these cars. The reason they build and sell it is simple: because they want to show the world they can. Everyone is always saying that both Volkswagen and Toyota don't have racing heritage...well this is their answer to that, engineering marvels.

J-Rock. Out.

La dermiere 250 gto s'est vendu pour 37 millions ... Tu es juste 37x en dessous de son prix, mais c'est un detail.

You still haven't answered my question: what makes the LFA so special? Its not made by a brand thats got racing/sports heritage, its not the fastest, its got an engine made by Yamaha (not saying its bad but not prestigious either) etc...

The only thing that makes it maybe stand out a little is its "limited" quantity. I can see how its gonna be only gaining value (like all the other limited edition super cars out there) but I find other supercars offer a lot more in the package for the price compared to an LFA.

I think that Lexus included the "limited run" tax in the initial price of the car. The only thing I see that justifies the price.

Engineering. It's not about the quantity. It's not about the brand. It's not about the look. It's not about performance. It is about ALL this, perfected to the extreme without any limit to build a dream. This is the way I see it.

They asked their engineers to built the car THEY want, in the best way THEY think, no limits. This is what makes this car so special. And this is also the reason why it is a "wet dream".

La dermiere 250 gto s'est vendu pour 37 millions ... Tu es juste 37x en dessous de son prix, mais c'est un detail.

"Upwards of $1M" ca veut dire plus que 1 million. Si ma memoire me sert bien, 37 million, c'est en haut de 1 million. :) Mais oui, c'est un detail qui change rien a mon argument...si y'a de quoi, sa le cimente encore plus.

Besides what was mentioned above, short of an F1 car there NOTHING that sounds like an LFA out there. The look is somewhat unique as well and so is the interior. Doesn't mean you have to like them, but they are special.

Based on the economics alone this car is worth the price.

Your statement has some truth. The LFA is an impressive car however you cannot compare the 250 GTO and what that car represents to the motoring world and Ferraristi. The 250 GTO has a racing history and was driven by some of the most renowned racing drivers of its era something the LFA will never achieve. The LFA is an impressive piece of equipment and worth the $500K asking price.

I think g-bus wants some specs on the car, specific design, what is unique in terms of suspention geometry, technology included in the engine ect.

it's not that it can't be compared to any other car, it can't be compared to any of the same car. When something is over priced, it's in relation to it's make and model specific value. When this is the only car of it's kind, it cannot be called "overpriced" since there is no market price to begin with.

It also doesn't matter what "we" think it's worth because "we" cannot afford this car. Our opinions are moot on the subject. Some may say 'even if i had enough money i wouldn't buy it, but they really can't make that claim, because if they did in fact have enough money, they wouldn't be thinking the same way and probably wouldn't be discussing this car/ad on montreal racing.

x1

Toyota as no racing expérience your right and the engine is a yamaha from a R1 bike if i'm not mistaken LOl
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nürburgring_Nordschleife_lap_times (not the fastest lol)

Back