Fastest mtl street car in street mode?

Comment la GTR de 950hp serais pas un street car alors que alpha omega de ams (7.98@186mph) est un strret car?

Donc oui les lambo tt , gtr 1000hp++ et compagnie sont des voiture se rue par contre un rx7 gutted full caged etc meme plaquer pour la rue n'est pas une voiture se rue.....

race gas, dragtire... ?

Last edited:
realcanuk: I like the rules except the one about power adders, nothing wrong with a little nitrous to spool the big turbo.:)

We can make the rules whatever we like. I posted those up as an example but it is a pretty good guide line. I have rented Napierville tomorrow night for a test and tune session, and I want to rent it again to organize an event to find the fastest street car. I don't think it can happen this season as time is running out but next year for sure, so start building those beasts. :yikes:

Or even a twin charge, I don't see why you couldn't be twin charge and still be a street car

Je vois pas en quoi un twin-charge ou nitrous + boost est moins "street".
Je crois que le fuel utilisé est plus important que la façon dont le power est produit. :)

Le reste des règles est parfait selon moi. Pneus DOT, pas de lexan, faut que tout fonctionne (vitres, lumières/flashers, horn, etc..), pump fuel, frame OEM, exhaust complet, etc...

Un char twin charge sur l'essence de pompe est beaucoup plus "street" a mon avis qu'un seul power adder sur du race fuel.

Je crois que le fuel utilisé est plus important que la façon dont le power est produit. :)

Le reste des règles est parfait selon moi. Pneus DOT, pas de lexan, faut que tout fonctionne (vitres, lumières/flashers, horn, etc..), pump fuel, frame OEM, exhaust complet, etc...

Un char twin charge sur l'essence de pompe est beaucoup plus "street" a mon avis qu'un seul power adder sur du race fuel.

I agree. Dual power adders wouldn't bother me and we can take out that rule. As long as stand alone nitrous systems are running pump gas, I don't see an issue.

My thoughts on rules:

-No drag radials/slicks, only street tires
-No race gas or imported E85. Only Quebec available pump gas.
-Meth, NOS are permitted.
-Muffler isn't required
-full interior required, although spare tire not required
-body panels and body kits are permitted

My thoughts on rules:

-Muffler isn't required

I would disagree with some of that. DOT approved drag radials should be allowed. I drive on them all the time, daily on the street.

My thoughts on rules:

-Muffler isn't required

No DR's is stupid and dangerous, unless your car is really slow. Most of the really fast street cars can spin regular street tires @ 100+ mph...
Most of us drive on the street with DR's anyways... no reason why they wouldn't be alowed in a street class at the track.

I agree with the other rules.

cest quoi car ma pompe est externe je ne serais pas un char de rue ou tu veux dire du gas a la pompe

i say if you can run it in the street and have daily drive reliability and pump gas, its a street car. If you can drive from mtl to toronto and back just like any other regular car, its a street car.

If there's no A/c or powersteering or interior but feel comfy with I guess its cool. I mean, I see tons of honda guys daily there cars with none of these no prob.

The thing with an event like this is the line has to be drawn somewhere. I don't think removing an interior to save weight, just to improve your time, is right in an event like this. Just my passenger seat weighs 80lbs, but if I take it out, then I have not run as I do on the street.
If this event comes about, the rules will be thought out properly, so that we really find the "king of the STREET" , not the track.

sorry, I'm a DR noob haha

Are they driveable in rain? Anything that prevents you from taking out your car on any day of the week doesn't constitute as a street car in my opinion.

Back