Recent content by RussianM3_dude

1. RussianM3_dude

Need to rent a "cool" car for 3 days, pay $$$$

I'll be in Montreal with a Swedish friend for 2 weeks. We'll be doing a road trip to NYC for 3 days and want something other than the usual Camry or 200. There is nothing available from the rental companies. So if you have something cool or know somebody who wants to make some quick $$$ pm me...
  2. RussianM3_dude

Road Test: Drove the new Civic Type RRRRRRRRRRR

I wasn't even sure I wanted to. I don't have the necessary zit to square inch of face ratio, I don't write in badly chewed up words (pcoi, tse, chk) nor do I own a collection of unbent trucker hats. But the Type Rs are probably the only famous line of performance cars I have never tried and...
  3. RussianM3_dude

Driving the 458 Speciale vs GT3 RS on track plus Ferrari F12.

I had the pleasure this year of graduating from a GT3RS to a 458 Speciale for some track work. In short, the GT3RS still holds it's own. No, it's not as fast in a straight line, but on a twisty circuit like Dijon it's blazing, especially on slicks. Quiet fragile though, watch out for the...
  4. RussianM3_dude

My Mini Cooper JCW GP

(Mr. Pimms) So I was deciding between a M135i, Renault Megane RS or this. Decided to go for the Mini for sheer rare factor (although my little town has 3 or almost 10% of Swiss allocation). Great little car. Great for quick blasts down mountain roads, but on the autobahn the ride was borderline...
  5. RussianM3_dude

Did "Jesus" ever exist?

Untill fairly recently, the historicity of "jesus" was not disputed even by atheists, who simply stated that even though they believed he existed as a man, he had no divine powers and was but a simple preacher/rabbi, whose movement took off after his death. Times are changing however. New...
  6. RussianM3_dude

Aston Martin V12 Vantage. Short test drive + pics.

I actually drove 3 Astons today, but here's a short take on the V12. Haven't finished the full review yet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEwHPB_O9vU Basically it's the V8 Vantage that with a lot of grease had the huge 6.0 litre V12 shoved in that tight engine bay. Small car +...
  7. RussianM3_dude

Test drove the Mercedes SLS Gullwing.

The old one. 1800kms on the clock and 50% off. The new one. The original Gullwing is said to have saved the company from some serious financial trouble. Using some quiet obsolete components the car managed to become more then the sum of its mundane parts, finding its way...
  8. RussianM3_dude

Pagani Love from Geneva.

My photograph. Yours truly. The Dude.
  9. RussianM3_dude

Drove the Golf R Mk6.

I am going to have a big review, so here is the short take. +Great interior +Rapid +Steering is great for a VW +Stiff chassis +Doesn't look "pre-riced" like some competition. +DSG is great +Great seats. North American fatties need not apply (no need for "no fat chicks" stickers, the fatties...
  10. RussianM3_dude

To people who drove the R35 GTR...

So what was your opinion? Did it blow you away? I just had a test drive and thought it was the better car when compared to the Porsche Turbo.
  11. RussianM3_dude

Immigrating to Quebec from France.

Ok, so somebody I know who is born in USA, but is a French citizen currenty residing in Switzerland wants to come live in Montreal. Is it true that there is some sort of streamlined procedure for French citizens to come live in Quebec?
  12. RussianM3_dude

514 Racing "exclusive" Ford Focus RS vs. VW Mk6 GTI

Ze zehr schnel Ford Focus RS Zwei. The Good. -Great chassis. Proof that FWD cars CAN handle... if only the car companies actually bothered to make an effort. -Great Engine. Proof that under the cool meatballs, sensible furniture and ABBA exteriror, inside every...
  13. RussianM3_dude

Test drove one of the rarest cars in the world no2.

1/100. The car was designed as commemoration for Morgan's 100th anniversary. The person responsible for pushing Charles Morgan to build it was Prince Eric Sturdza who I had the pleasure of meeting during the Geneva auto show and talking with him a bit about the car. He also happens to own more...
  14. RussianM3_dude

Drove the new S4.

(and will drive the TT-RS in 3-4 weeks.) Once direct competition to BMW's M3, the new S4 now has no effective rival. Too weedy to face the M3 and more expensive then the BMW top of the line regular 3 series, the 335i. The V8 has been ditched in favour of a supercharged 3.0l V6. The...
  15. RussianM3_dude

Maserati GT-S test drive.

Well, this car replaces the one I am currently driving and my dealer was hinting he would like to see me driving the new one so I wanted to check it out. The car looks great of course. Somewhat understated, but then it's a Maserati, the thinking Man's Ferrari. In dark colours can be probably...
Back