01M automatic tranny acts up when hot ? 2e goes in N & overdrive slipping ????

The Overclocker

hi guys so i bought a 2000 mk4 golf , was in a crappy situation , fixed the car up and its running good now except

01M automatic tranny acts up when hot ? 2e goes in N then back in 2e for no reason ( loosing pressure at +- 40km/h & overdrive slipping like a preaaaaty bad burned manual clutch ... ????

when cold everything is ok ... just takes 2-3 second to engage in D or R .... but i figured its normal ?

tranny rebuilt at 222,000km cost 2,254$ (i have the bill in hand from previous owner )

car now has 227,000km

if you would pay 2,254$ for a rebuild ... would you expect this kinda bull shit ??

let me know you're 2 cents and what i should do about this ?

EDIT: i bought this car with the drivers side motor mount let go ... the tranny shop fucked the 2 bolts that goes in the aluminium housing and was all stripped so the previous owner got into a pothole and the engine fail down on one side , axle knocking on the frame all tranny plugs pulled ect big mess but fixed it i 1 hour like it should of , left the axle there ... ripped but ok for the time being, the solenoid plug unpluged and all the codes came on , stuck in limp mode, cleared that with vag com and it runs like on all 4 speeds , all this because the idiot torqued the 2 main bolts that bolt up in aluminium with most probably his impact gun to save 2 min of his life but almost make the client crash with his 2 kids in the back ...

wondering if the guy did a crappy job on the rebuilt ....

fixed the car and never went to the rebuilt shop ... i told my self to fix it and shut up .... but now the tranny is acting up ... i dont know what i should do ...

any info would be appriciated thanks !

after a good hour of research im figuring the valve body didint get rebuilt in the rebuilt process .... stupid lazy mecanic ...

now what to tell or how to approche the rebuilt shop ?

im the second owner keep that in mind , and there is 5,000km on the tranny will it still be covered ?

but then again if it was 200-300$ then maybe not but 2,200$+ bill ... im sure there is something to be done ...

found this very interesting guy http://kansascitytdi.com/01m-valve-body-repair/

seams like this guys knows his shit

Back