2012 Genesis 5.0L r-spec--small summer update

phil101

So as some of you may or may not know, I purchased this car new in 2012 when I was still posted in Edmonton. It is a 2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0L R-Spec and it now has about 60,000km on it (a lot of highway driving).
Since purchasing it, my mods have been: -MSA cat deletes, -Abel Racing short ram intake, -a couple different sets of rims and - 5%R/20%F tinted windows.
I would like to say the car has been perfect since I bought it but I did blow the engine once lol....at 34000km the block seized from a spun bearing while driving at highway speed. Anyway long story short, Hyundai covered everything under warranty(thank god because it was a 14g bill) and got a new short block and the heads were sent to be checked. So my only mod for this summer is new wheels, was gonna get some coilovers as well but the few that are out for my car suck and there is a very good chance I will be selling the car at the end of the summer to start a new project.
Front: 20x8.5 et25 With Falken 452 245/35/20
Rear: 20x10 et30 With Falken 452 275/35/20

sorry you feel that way, I can confirm that I did not purchase them at canadian tire so hopefully you will sleep better lol....pictures do not do justice, none the less they obviously aren't high quality rims either, If I were keeping them for a while I would of opted for something better and spent the extra coin, however I am selling them at the end of the summer anyway!

such an awesome car i'd like to own one someday ! but like everyone im not feeling the wheels ..

lol is nobody reading my post, like I said this wheel setup is just for the summer so I won't be considering any other wheels ;) ....also I didn't realize that simple 5 spoke staggered wheels with a bit of lip weren't in style anymore hahah

lol I see what you are saying color wise I guess, but I can guarantee they are not mazda 3 fitment haha and I actually wanted all black wheels but like I said, got a good deal on these...they are MRR GT5...won't lie, I had never heard of MRR till I got these wheels lol but they do seem to make some decent looking wheels......oh and it's kind of retarted to compare a wheel based on color

This is the 1st 5.0 rspec that i heard that
Is 'not stock' , i work at Hyundai and if i had
To buy one car there, i would definitivly be That One!
I wish you could post a quick sound clip of
Your catless exhaust!!!��
Nice car/wheels btw��
Fuck mtl racing fckers

Thanks for the first positive comment in this thread hahah, ya there's a reason I don't post here much lol ... There wasn't much of a sound difference only replacing the secondary cats, it was more to squeeze out a bit more horsepower(as if I didn't have enough ;) ). A friend of mine in the states has the same intake and cat deletes as I do and put out an extra 33hp on dyno. Gotta love V8's for easy power. It's to bad there isn't more aftermarket support for this car but I guess it is to be expected considering its popularity. I am leaning towards getting the magnaflow catback though, very tempting but I will see what my wallet says!!

Nice! It's a keeper! Tough on gaz but so
Fun to drive ! And what a confortable ride too!
The awd's are coming in around july i think!

If my wheels are oh so hideous, i'm really curious as to what you guys think of actual ugly ass wheels with terrible fitment that I am seeing around montreal....you must have an actual heart attack...

Back