2016 edition - Your bikes/Vos motos

lol it was my friend who took pics. i left in an ambulance. hospital for 4 days. biggest injury is my left arm, broke in 3 seperate places. otherwise, im hella lucky

Daamn get well!

I should really up my protective gear for next season...

Arm or wrist? I shattered my wrist at the track in early august... Painful as fuck and still almost no mobility in my wrist despite 3x physio per week. I feel depressed because there are so many things I still can't do on my own.

How'd it happen?

in these pics you can see where the metal plates are for the 3 broken bones. all those lines on the sides are staples holding my skin together

what worries me the most is my job. i work as a mechanic so i have no idea yet how this injury will affect my career...as of now im off work for 6 months

as for how it happened

low sided halfway through this right handed curve. bike was already inches to the ground but my overconfidence thought i could still increase speed (for anyone that knows parc de la mauricie you know some of the curves are never ending and you can keep going lower and lower) anyways slid off to the left, thru the barrier and into the trees somewhere

On brighter side of things, my GF passed her closed circuit this week and we are shopping for a CBR/Ninja 250 this week-end. One will hopefully be added to my stable before Sunday (so we can go ride Monday).

Is your radius fracture intra articular? I don't want to be a bummer... but buckle up because the recovery will be slow and painful. also pray for no nerve damage.

in these pics you can see where the metal plates are for the 3 broken bones. all those lines on the sides are staples holding my skin together
[url]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/kurupted/Mobile%20Uploads/6fc690ef-5102-419a-b42a-79d3b10b049e_zps7pf3ghof.jpg[/URL]
[url]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/kurupted/Mobile%20Uploads/a58ad5ea-9b79-40b4-a202-1fc6809b7c6a_zpsd2mly9i9.jpg[/URL]

what worries me the most is my job. i work as a mechanic so i have no idea yet how this injury will affect my career...as of now im off work for 6 months

as for how it happened

low sided halfway through this right handed curve. bike was already inches to the ground but my overconfidence thought i could still increase speed (for anyone that knows parc de la mauricie you know some of the curves are never ending and you can keep going lower and lower) anyways slid off to the left, thru the barrier and into the trees somewhere

[url]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/kurupted/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG-20160907-WA0003_zpsrzmzc4fb.jpg[/URL]

Fuck bro, glad your okay

Is your radius fracture intra articular? I don't want to be a bummer... but buckle up because the recovery will be slow and painful. also pray for no nerve damage.

no idea. i remember the surgeon telling me i should make a full recovery and mentioned nothing of this...yet. time will tell

cssss trois rivieres

on a side note, i just saw the saaq gave me a cheque for a loss of quality of life, with more to be determined. was really not expecting that

Man, you're actually fucking lucky to have gone through between the guard rail posts

cssss trois rivieres

on a side note, i just saw the saaq gave me a cheque for a loss of quality of life, with more to be determined. was really not expecting that

You'll be happpy uou were paying those high insurance cost at SAAQ every year. They will take good care of you.

In a year or two when it's all said and done you will most likely get a nice check as well depending of the long term damages you have (scars, lost of mobility, etc...).

I have nothing but good things to say about the SAAQ following my wife's accident 3 years ago.

PS: SAAQ will pay for your damaged gear as well.

What? I don't get it

He got his first check from the SAAQ. In a few weeks. They will start paying him 75% of his income while he cant work. They they will pay part of the physio and all of the medication as well. At the end of it all, based on the final report of the doctor, he'll get a check to compensate for the long term damages he suffered.

Man, you're actually fucking lucky to have gone through between the guard rail posts

i was following right behind him. it was fucking close.

and i took those pictures.

lucky doesn't begin the describe it, a few feet to the left, and its down the cliff into god knows where, a few feet to the right and its into a giant hard ass rock.

7luw4QT.png

my new bike 2011 tuono 1000r

Back