Airplane Thread

When the KC/RC-135s were re-engined with CFM-56 or "F108" thrust was increased by nearly 100%! In the late 70s and early 80s when airlines were retiring 707s the USAF bought up pretty much all of them for parts and to re engine some aircraft with the JT4D. Airlines were looking at possibly retrofits of JT8D engines on 707s as at around the same time DC-8s were being retrofitted with CFM-56s. The CFM worked well with the DC-8 as it had a higher wing that the 707

The B-52 RE program is turning into a boondoggle as the USAF can't figure out what they want. CF-6 or PW2000 is a good choice as there are a ton of them sitting on planes in boneyards.

It's no secret that I love the classics!

You can always tell when a B732 is on final due to the smoke behind it

Airlines swap planes all the time. Let's say another aircraft goes MX at another station it screws up the schedule.. So they fill the gap with whatever sorta matches the pax load.

I'm currently at YYZ and there is an AF 747 sitting at the gate in the back ground //images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/21/7bfa6101df8078ed20d576bc8fd1cc72.jpg

thanks for the answer! i have alot of freetime on my job and i have the opportunity to hang around alot at the airport ( i'm working for ups freight )

yesterday at around 14h00 a fighter jet took off it was loud as hell but i couldnt tell what model it was..

I've been fascinated by airplanes since i was a kid but now its really growing in me i'm glad such a thread exist on MR*tu*

Most likely you saw this. L3-MAS works on them.

CF-18_Cold_Lake_Alberta.jpg

Saw this and had to figure out what it was carrying on its back:

ra7MzGf.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myasishchev_VM-T

The Myasishchev VM-T Atlant (Russian: Мясищев ВМ-Т «Атлант», with the "VM-T" ("BM-T") standing for Vladimir Myasishchev – Transport) was a variant of Myasishchev's M-4 Molot bomber (the "3M"), re-purposed as a strategic-airlift airplane. The VM-T was modified to carry rocket boosters and the Soviet space shuttles of the Buran program. It is also known as the 3M-T.

It's carrying yo mama's tampon!

Sorry, this one was just too easy, it was just lying there waiting to be picked up.

My apologies a d carry on...

Gotta leave but will finifh this article later ^^

In the meanwhile Berkshire Hathaway nears $30B deal for Precision Castparts, could be announced as early as this week.

http://www.icelandair.ca/informatio...808579/icelandair_announces_montreal_service/

As part of Icelandair’s extensive timetable, four flights a week will be offered from Canada’s second largest city through November 8, 2016 with departures on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. The five-hour, non-stop flight to Icelandair’s hub at Keflavik International Airport also provides connections to more than 20 destinations in Europe, including Paris, London, Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo.

That's great news. awesome airline!

Back