Cars and Coffee 2015

No hockey game tonight! And it is a full house in the parking lot for Cars & Coffee. The "Rambo Lambo" LM002, 599 GTO, Aventador Roadster, a street legal F355 Challenge, an E55 wagon, a Mexico Blue 991 GT3, and a bent window 356 were the more unusual cars displayed tonight!

je pense que ce monde la surement autre chose a faire qu'aller a un meet a 10H du matin

This attitude is exactly why people don't show up and the meet doesn't grow. I saw a dozen nice cars drive by. I think I even saw the same Boxster twice. Doesn't mean it was all people thinking of going, but nobody would stop.

If you're driving by then complaining that there's nobody there, you're a part of the problem. The meet doesn't need to be later. If anything it could be earlier. if 10am is too early because you're always out partying and you're hung over then you're not as passionate as you claim.

To me, people need to just show up. I told my girlfriend we were delaying moving her stuff from one place to another because we were going to the meet.

People need to just put their money where their mouth is and go. This year you don't even have to pay. There's no excuse. Julep is pretty central too.
I don't know... Maybe I'm just crazy

Couldn't have said it better. I'll even show up 30 minutes earlier just because.

Last time I showed up at 9:15 and had breakfast at McD but I didn't cross to the Julep until 10 because it was empty. Even then... there was a Saleen Mustang when I arrived but by the time I finished eating it was gone.

And yes, so many cars driving by but not stoping. Even some members from here... Of the cars I saw driving by, there were an NSX, a Supra, a few Porsches, Rolls-Royce, the blue Aventador... Had any one of them stopped, there would have been one more reason for others to stop and say hi.

If you don't show up because nobody's there, well there still won't be anybody and then the next guy will do the same, and the one after... It's a vicious circle and once it starts, you don't know when it'll end.

I will not attend the events in Montreal until it is properly organized with decent cars and most importantly decent people.

I dont want to get there to only have people talk to me but to have the opportunity to chat with real car amateurs.It may sound snobish but i see no added value to get there in a supercar/exotic only to be getting the same reactions i get driving on the road.

At first, reading this reminded me of a Seinfeld episode.

But I imagine that when you get to your level and drive an exotic (by the way, by exotic are you referring to the Audi R8 mentioned in your 135i lespac ad?) , it would be beneficial to rub shoulders with people of a certain calibre. People with whom you can have meaningful interactions, network, etc. rather than dealing with lower class drivers who are salivating about your car but don't bring anything to the table. I imagine you'd be someone to show up to the May 16th Cars and Coffee event in Kirkland.

I see on FB some people started renaming their car meets to C&C, how original. Sheep society with zero originality.

I think that right now, there are too many meets. Most of them are going on at the same time, most of them are being called CnC even though almost none follow the traditionnal CnC ''guideline'' and most importantly, they all seem to happen in Baghdad-like parking lots that are filled with holes.

Cars and coffee.

Two apparently controversial items.

What do you want a theme? Classic car day?
Only composite cars?

When and where.
If you say you'll be there, be there.
Enough with the drive by politics.

So I'm not working tomorrow, Julep at 10?

I still have 2 skid plates to install on mine and mudflaps, but it can wait

Don't know if I'll go tomorrow, depends when I wake up 'cause I'm dead and it will depend on the weather also... My car is dirty but there should be thunderstorms...
Lamborghini on the 16th though, that's for sure. I'm off that day :p

Back