Choosing a new car

So after test driving several cars, including a Forester XT, I think I've narrowed it to two possible vehicles. Can't decide.

2016 Subaru Crosstrek, Limited package with eyesight, 700km, $30,995. (returned and traded in for a CRV)

2014 Mazda CX-5 GT, 51,000km OR 32,000km, $29,480 OR $29,995 (prefer the colour of the 51k but may be able to negotiate given the much lower mileage.)

...considering slightly more used to get price closer to $25,000 or lower.

Honestly I find those CX-5s expensive for used. At that point it's worth the extra money to buy new. I had found a CX-9 not too long ago, similar mileage, 2014, for 26K. I woulld of expected them to be more around 25K or less, for 2 years old and 40-50K km.

Honestly I find those CX-5s expensive for used. At that point it's worth the extra money to buy new. I had found a CX-9 not too long ago, similar mileage, 2014, for 26K. I woulld of expected them to be more around 25K or less, for 2 years old and 40-50K km.

L'offre et la demande. Il y a énormément de demande pour les CX-5 neufs et usagés et très peu pour les CX-9.

Moi aussi je trouves qu'un neuf serait plus avantageux, surtout avec les taux d'intérêts plus bas et le fait que le 2016 est mieux fini que le 2015-.

Sinon le Subaru est à un très bon prix, si c'était pas de la fiabilité et de la mauvaise réputation de la marque, je le recommanderais !

Thanks! Forgot to point out I've actually moved to Vancouver area but MR is still my fav! Wow! So much cheaper in Mtl. Maybe I put it under my parents' name and drive it back lol.

L'offre et la demande. Il y a énormément de demande pour les CX-5 neufs et usagés et très peu pour les CX-9.

Moi aussi je trouves qu'un neuf serait plus avantageux, surtout avec les taux d'intérêts plus bas et le fait que le 2016 est mieux fini que le 2015-.

Sinon le Subaru est à un très bon prix, si c'était pas de la fiabilité et de la mauvaise réputation de la marque, je le recommanderais !

I'm buying it outright so the better financing rates don't help me. It's the first thing I tell the dealer when they try to convince to buy new haha.
Is the Crosstrek really that unreliable? I've heard of a couple of recalls but generally Subaru is pretty reliable in my experience.

I'm buying it outright so the better financing rates don't help me. It's the first thing I tell the dealer when they try to convince to buy new haha.
Is the Crosstrek really that unreliable? I've heard of a couple of recalls but generally Subaru is pretty reliable in my experience.

I honestly never owned a Subaru but, from what I read on forums and what I hear from friends and family, they are having engine issues. My brother in law had 3 engines replaced in his 2013 Subaru STI that he bought brand new and never abused the car.

I honestly never owned a Subaru but, from what I read on forums and what I hear from friends and family, they are having engine issues. My brother in law had 3 engines replaced in his 2013 Subaru STI that he bought brand new and never abused the car.

Wow! That's some bad luck! Wonder if it's newer problem. I know lots of people with Subarus and no problems but they are all older. Even my '03 wrx is still going strong

Thanks! Forgot to point out I've actually moved to Vancouver area but MR is still my fav! Wow! So much cheaper in Mtl. Maybe I put it under my parents' name and drive it back lol.

Ah ok, didn't realize that. In that case just make an effort and get it new. It makes no sense for a 35-36K car to sell 30K after 2 years and 40-50K km. Or like you said. Fly down, pick up the one that's 23K at Duval, and you just saved 7K+tx(so 8K) - flight and cost of driving back. Even considering those 2 winters, it's still worth it.

Wonder if it's newer problem. I know lots of people with Subarus and no problems but they are all older. Even my '03 wrx is still going strong

How you drive it contributes to having a trouble free car or have lots of problems. Want to drive it like it's a race car, have deep pockets to finance the repairs that comes with it.

jai un crosstrek 2014 et je n'ai aucun probleme avec (+25k). J'ai la transmission CVT et le monde dit qu'il boit beaucoup d'huile mais à chaque changement d'huile......... il y a rien d'anormale donc cest des oui dire à mon avis .......

My sister has the crosstrek and havent heard of any issues for the last two years. Hyper reliable car, great in snow and not bad on gas.

jai un crosstrek 2014 et je n'ai aucun probleme avec (+25k). J'ai la transmission CVT et le monde dit qu'il boit beaucoup d'huile mais à chaque changement d'huile......... il y a rien d'anormale donc cest des oui dire à mon avis .......

bla bla blan, nenon, il n'y en a pas de problème ... http://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/297643-subaru-settles-oil-burning-class-action-lawsuit/

Malheureusement, sa ne s'applique pas au Canada. Ceux qui ont du trouble ici peuvent ben aller ce faire foutre.

Back