Creating your own email address

Meccio

Hey guys, I need some tips on how to create your own email address for a future business. Do you have any website or apps to recommend, such as wix or google apps. I'm not sure how it all works, you buy a domain name and server and then connect to google apps... ? I will need a website eventually but I'm not at that stage yet. I need my email address asap so I can print some cards for the upcoming events I do while working on opening my shop.

Any advice is appreciated, its a scary world trying to google something you know nothing about! I'm afraid of putting the name of my business in the search engines and then having them raise prices for that specific name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy a Domain.

Go-daddy have good price.

You can create your own website with a simple editor.

ca.godaddy.com

Or If you only need a domain and an email + Office.

microsoft Office 365 for business.

Voilà, c'est rare que kossak post de quoi d'utile, mais sa réponse est la bonne, c'est ce que j'ai fait pour ma business.

Achète ton domaine de godaddy, ils offrent de le lier à office 365 pour genre 7-8$/mois, c'est super simple à faire en plus...!

Thanks kossak, right now I'm looking at the simplest way to acquire a private email address. Is that the way to go? Godaddy? (Nice product slogan right there lol)

Pour l'instant je veux la methode economique pour une adresse courriel privée. Je ne suis pas encore au stade creation siteweb.

Step one; Buy a Domain

Fallow the step on GoDaddy web site.

tu peux les appeler il ont un bon support.

1- Buy your domain name (godaddy is where I got mine too) example: mynipples.com, because you want your business name on the web first. (its about 10$ per year, cheaper if you take more years in one shot)
2- Choose the option to have email, thats about 7$ per month. (in the process when buying your domain name)
3- Configure your emails. You will have to choose your email address, examples : Meccio@mynipples.com or ILove@mynipples.com or MR@mynipples.com
4- Test, send yourself an email. And voila!

Call them for support, they are very good and it's 24h7
It's really not that complicated.
Then later on, when you're ready, you can start building your website and also host it by them too. (I forgot the price for that)

PS - if you want a .ca domain, it will require more documentation from you like proof of address, business address, etc...

Great thanks for the info! Any advantage/disadvantage having a .ca?

C'est drole j'ai fait ca aujourd'hui en utilisant webname.ca

Par contre j'avais un adresse de site web de hoster par eux, ca ma pris 3 minutes et 42$/annees pour 2 adresse email perso

.ca cost a little more, like 15$ per year.
I would say it depend on your business, if you sell stuff outside of Canada, I would go with .com
Some people may just trust more when it's a .ca

If you believe it's worth it, for the little price, just get both and redirect one to the other.
This mean if people go to www.mynipples.ca they will end up at www.mynipples.com anyways or vice versa.

Thanks p_k, the .com domain I want is taken and for sale for 6500£...

.ca it is!

Cool thanks for the replies, I'm looking into it! .ca domains = better search result in Canada?

Get google apps for email. I use shopify for my domain, but my business's email is through google apps so it stays "hidden." I believe coders can actually mask any email without an app, but I don't know how it's done.

J'utilise postfix, ca me coute 0$ par année sur mon serveur. Mais c'est loin d'etre noob friendly!

Dépendament du produit que tu vends/service je te conseil de quand même acheter les extensions .com et .ca pour éviter qu'un compétiteur te fasse du trouble.

Envoyé de mon SM-G925W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

Back