Does a Quebec resident entering through Ontario get charged PST at the border?

Before you weren't .. But then last year I started getting bills from Rev QC for previous trips demanding I pay taxes on the items...

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Before you weren't .. But then last year I started getting bills from Rev QC for previous trips demanding I pay taxes on the items...

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
They do the same thing the other way around (for large items), you get a letter telling you to pay your taxes and next time you'll get fined!!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

What happened with me was I was crossing somewhat often over a period of 2 years and brought back around 30-40k of misc things well mostly car parts. Last summer I got a few bills from Rev Quebec saying I owed them taxes on said amounts, there was some fighting between us because they changed CDN amount to current exchange rates. So lets say the CDN was at par at the time of crossing, well now they were charging me 25% more. I paid two of them but told them to shove it on the rest as the items stayed in Ontario.. They sent me a letter saying the rest of the fees were dropped as they couldn't prove I actually entered Quebec with the goods but next time I would be fined. It's okay though, back a few years ago the exchange rate was good but these days it sucks. The worst part that really left a sour taste in my mouth was that the person dealing with my file couldn't speak understandable french, let alone English.

I haven't crossed in ages so I couldn't tell you if CBSA at Cornwall collects on behalf of Rev Quebec. It happened to a guy I know as well who crossed often. It seems they are that desperate for cash

I crossed in Cornwall recently and only had to pay 5%.

I think I posted this before but after talking to my buddy at CBSA, the only way that happens if an officer is being `nice` to you and put you as a NR (Non-Resident) which is intended for people that do not live in Canada and they only pay federal tax if they bring gifts over $60.

I think I posted this before but after talking to my buddy at CBSA, the only way that happens if an officer is being `nice` to you and put you as a NR (Non-Resident) which is intended for people that do not live in Canada and they only pay federal tax if they bring gifts over $60.

Humm, strange.

Here in Ontario, when a B15 is created for anyone with an ID outside of Ontario it automatically goes to 5%. Same with Non-Residents of Canada and Natives. However Ontario residents get to pay HST.

Nice haha well I guess the system is set up differently? here in QC (Lacolle) he says ON residents still pay HST.

Back