Download anonymously and also hacking fire tv

darkestfenix

VPN, Proxy, seedbox, usenet...

Recommendations?

Anything better out there than torrents?

I'm really outta the game for this one and I slowly want to make sure that I'm covering my ass.

Also, how to hack an Amazon Fire TV so I can watch any TV channel I want? XBMC/KODI is what I should be looking for?

I overheard a couple of guys talking about being able to watch any TV channel from almost anywhere in the world after hacking it.

Lemme know! Thanks!

Last edited:
bump. Just need advice and experience. Just send me in the right direction with a word. Not looking for a complete DIY.

bump. Just need advice and experience. Just send me in the right direction with a word. Not looking for a complete DIY.

For Television I really don't know although Android TV offers you a bunch of options to do so, plenty of friends have them setup, sub 100$ unit with remote. (go on Ebay, locally people sell them for a retarded profit +140$)

Perso I use PopCorn Time, awesome interface, you have ''safe mode'' on it (hidden) https://popcorntime.io/ just be sure to have a proper internet connection and preferably no download cap.

J'utilise Private Internet Access comme VPN. Ça marche très bien et facile d'utilisation, mais la vitesse a pasmal ralenti depuis 1-2 mois..

I was looking into, and a few people people I know are using a ROKU + WowTV Service, but WowTV costs about $200/year

I use Usenet. You'll get in a lot less trouble than using torrents.

If you're using torrents, then the best way is a seedbox with a prepaid card (which a lot of guys are not allowing anymore) followed by a VPN (very similar) and a long distant is a proxy. Most of them don't do shit other than reroute (read: slow down) your data. Many of them are transparent proxie, and even then, some of them have clauses that if they get a request for your info they will hand it over.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I use Usenet. You'll get in a lot less trouble than using torrents.

If you're using torrents, then the best way is a seedbox with a prepaid card (which a lot of guys are not allowing anymore) followed by a VPN (very similar) and a long distant is a proxy. Most of them don't do shit other than reroute (read: slow down) your data. Many of them are transparent proxie, and even then, some of them have clauses that if they get a request for your info they will hand it over.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Thanks for the very informative post!

update: So I've decided to continue using my PC for all my media needs... decided to the ditch the little media players. Not really necessary. Just an extra gadget in the house.

As for staying anonymous, after consider proxy, vpn, seedbox and usenet, I'm going to go with a VPN. Most probably torguard for the provider.

At first I considered only a proxy, either btguard or torguard just to stay on the safe side with torrents, but for a 13$ more a year I can get a VPN with torguard (60$/year) to bypass geolocation restrictions and stay almost completely anonymous if all my shit it properly set up and prevent DNS leaks. I also checked out Private Internet Access but the speed is apparently shit.

I checked out seedboxes as well, the most expensive choice out of the bunch. Problem = no public trackers allowed for most. Plus typically, VPN is not included in most except for whatbox.ca which seemed interesting until I read this thread:

http://www.reddit.com/r/seedboxes/comments/229ub3/how_seriously_does_whatbox_take_copyright_abuse/

which basically defeats the entire fucking purpose of paying someone for safely downloading shit of the netz.

And finally usenet. Very interesting but the same "con" keeps coming up and that's accessing old, rare or unpopular stuff = torrents are better for this.

I'll be going with torguard in a month when I finally have time on my hands to properly setup everything. I'll give an update when that time comes.

As for being almost COMPLETELY anonymous, the only way would be for me to pay torguard by bitcoin but I don't know how necessary that is in Canada (for now)...

STILL OPEN FOR COMMENTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS! Still have a month before I pull the trigger on everything.

Last edited:
c'est quoi le probleme avec les torrent ? je peux vrm etre dans la merde si je telecharge une douzaine de filme par mois sur pirat bay ?

je me suis jamais soucié de ca mais la vous commencé a me faire peur, je seed jamasi.

c'est quoi le probleme avec les torrent ? je peux vrm etre dans la merde si je telecharge une douzaine de filme par mois sur pirat bay ?

je me suis jamais soucié de ca mais la vous commencé a me faire peur, je seed jamasi.

It's the kind of shit that will probably happen randomly. The way people get cease and desist letters in the mail (a bunch from MR for example) from their ISPs telling them that their download was illegal and that it has violated copyright laws and they should stop.

Normally those letters are just scare tactics until this happened:

In the fall of 2012 the Canadian government updated the copyright laws, lowering the fine for infringement on a personal basis to a maximum of $5,000, down from $20,000. The new law also said copyright holders can request ISPs supply user information where there is an infringement claim.

Voltage contracted forensic investigation firm Canipre Inc. to detect illegal copying and distribution of its films "The Hurt Locker" from Sept. 1 to Oct. 30, 2012 and used that to identify transactions associated with IP addresses for customers of TekSavvy, a provider based in Chatham, Ont.

A ruling by the Federal Court handed California film production company Voltage Pictures LLC a victory in that it will get the names from TekSavvy Solutions Inc., associated with about 2,000 Internet protocol (IP) addresses it says illegally shared its films over a two-month period in 2012.

Read more here:http://www.thestar.com/business/201...ng_case_a_blow_to_copyright_trolls_geist.html

In the end nothing happened but it still established a precedence for this kind of shit.

As of January 1st, 2015 in Canada, laws also changed regarding copyright infringement:

The final piece of the federal Copyright Modernization Act took effect on Jan. 1, requiring Internet service providers (ISPs) and website hosts to relay letters from copyright holders to customers associated with the unique Internet Protocol (IP) address where the illegal downloading is alleged to have occurred.
While such notices do not carry any immediate legal ramifications, Internet lawyer Allen Mendelsohn told CTV’s Canada AM that they do serve as “a warning” that a copyright holder has noticed illegal downloading activity at your IP address, and could decide to sue.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/illegal-downloaders-beware-you-may-get-a-shock-in-2015-1.2169729

Again this is mostly scare tactics:

Sending out copyright infringement notices has also proven to be a very successful deterrent in the past. In 2011, Rogers stated 67% of recipients of a single notice stop downloading copyrighted material, and that this number increases to 89% after a second notice.

http://business.financialpost.com/2...pyright-infringement-notices/?__lsa=de37-89af

However:

While the cost of litigation, and the relatively small return, could discourage copyright holders from suing, Mendelsohn notes it could be more worthwhile to sue a large number of people at once.

The ISP or website host must also keep the notification letters for six months, should the copyright holder decide to sue. However, the ISP or website host cannot hand over your personal information unless a lawsuit is launched.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/illegal-downloaders-beware-you-may-get-a-shock-in-2015-1.2169729

Do you really want to be part of the bunch that gets bitch slapped if and when this will happen by surprise? Not me. This is why some people are taking the necessary step to make sure this doesn't happen to them.

En utilisant des tracker privé on réduit pas mal les risques ?

Sinon quelqu'un pourrait faire un post avec les precautions minimum a prendre ?

Merci pour les infos

En utilisant des tracker privé on réduit pas mal les risques ?

Sinon quelqu'un pourrait faire un post avec les precautions minimum a prendre ?

Merci pour les infos

oui. ca reduit de beaucoup les risques!

There is no real minimum.

Private Tracker is a good start.

Proxy is good for someone who just wants to block his IP address for use of torrents but it has to be very well setup to make sure your IP address is completely invisible to a swarm. People complain about DNS leaks. I was going to go with this until I realized for 13$ more a year I can get a VPN instead.

VPN is the same principle as a proxy but for all of your internet and download needs, this can slowdown internet for some people. Plus you get to unlock websites with geolocation restrictions (for now) like Hola does. Same thing as proxy, it has to be very well setup.

Seedbox is basically a server located somewhere where you download all your torrents to and then you download your files directly from there. Your ISP doesn't know what you are downloading. The problem is they don't allow the use of their services on public trackers, which sucks for me, because production/distribution companies still send letters to seedbox providers and seedbox provider forwards the info to you and warns/bans you. This defeats the purpose of the service for me.

Usenet is for now the best/easiest/simplest choice but the biggest con is accessing "old" and "hard to find" stuff. So for me this eliminated this option as well.

Then there are people that push it to the limit and buy a seedbox, followed by a vpn, followed by a proxy, paid for by bitcoin. Kind of like Cryptkeeper explains above. This is being paranoid or you do mass content uploading and seeding and want to protect yourself.

Just don't ever forget, if someone wants to find you, they will. The only thing you can do is make it hard for them so the time and resources necessary to do it is not worth it. Because companies can still ask for the proxy, VPN and seedbox providers to hand over info. But it just complicates shit.

Last edited:
Back