Driving without brakes in London challenge...

Scooter

Premium

If people would anticipate in Montreal as well things....there would be a lot less traffic.
Instead of accelerating and braking just go slower if you see the car in front of you touching the brakes...
Of course we can't do exactly as in the video...but close enough

Regenerative braking...

It actually brakes for you when you remove your foot from the accelerator...
Good luck with a normal car lol
You can anticipate and remove the foot from the accelerator, but your car would never stop or slow down enough.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjkYcnsXK7U

If people would anticipate in Montreal as well things....there would be a lot less traffic.
Instead of accelerating and braking just go slower if you see the car in front of you touching the brakes...
Of course we can't do exactly as in the video...but close enough

Trick is keep your distance in traffic downtown. You can zip around quite easily unless it is completely jammed. If you stick your nose up somebody's bumper all the time you're constantly braking and doing it wrong. it's legwork but that's why I drive a manual car... constantly keeps you improving and on the fence. I have an almost analog radio and keep my cellphone far away... so no distractions. You can anticipate easier.

On a side note I wouldn't use the brakes and smash right into Rebecca.

Regenerative braking...

It actually brakes for you when you remove your foot from the accelerator...
Good luck with a normal car lol
You can anticipate and remove the foot from the accelerator, but your car would never stop or slow down enough.

http://youtu.be/JXJPf7Lv8Sw

You can do a very similar exercise and have same results :
you drive automatic , downshift, you will have same effect as regenerating braking.
You have manual, use compression.

You can do a very similar exercise and have same results :
you drive automatic , downshift, you will have same effect as regenerating braking.
You have manual, use compression.

No matter how much you downshift it won't be the same as assistive braking. Downshifting is fun, but has limitations. Like if you see the light turns yellow and you are in 5th, you have the time to downshift to 4th and then you have to brake. If you are farther away you can maybe downshift from 5th to 4th and 3rd. I usually never downshift lower then the 3rd gear put to much stress on engine rather use brakes.

Back