F150 misfire problem

skylox

Legacy Member
so i have an 05 f150 5.4l 3v . its apparently misfiring on cylinder #2 . this is causing it to have a rough ass idle and when i take off from a light or even just drive it seems like it has a intermittent hesitation as if it where not getting fuel or spark .

so far i have pulled the coil/plug on cyl #2 which is supposed to be second from the bumper on the passenger side. we tested the coil and it crates spark on the plug , we also tested the injector by just turning the engine over with no plug and no coil and it was squirting like a bitch in heat . so injector seems ok , plug seems ok and coil seems ok .

any idea's ? (the truck was scanned by a snap on solus ultra)

i am gonna do that but for some reason i feel like it aint gonna be either .so yeah , that is my next step.

i red the f150 and people always give their opinions istead of actual facts , kinda hard to put ur finger on things

so far i have pulled the coil/plug on cyl #2 which is supposed to be second from the bumper on the passenger side.

#2 is first cylinder in front passenger side, not the second.

EDIT: nevermind, I'm wrong... 2-4-6-8 and 1-3-5-7 is for Chevy V8's. You are right, it is the second.

i am gonna do that but for some reason i feel like it aint gonna be either .so yeah , that is my next step.

i red the f150 and people always give their opinions istead of actual facts , kinda hard to put ur finger on things

Not sure on the 5.4, but the coils on my 4.6 gave me a lot of problems.

swap that coil with another one, reset de ECU. When it pops a code, check if the missfire followed the coil.

If not, try the same thing with the injector.

des problem de coil.ca arrive assez souvent sur les forum américain.
tes plug son ebn vieille?

chanceux de pas l'avoir cassé en la dévissant ;)

Back