Formula 1 Official thread

64cc061e97aefc9b2ac54927ee396609.jpg

I wonder if Stroll bagged Newey? The talk has been strong the last few weeks and Alonso said something big was happening which caused him to sign for a few more seasons

I wonder if Stroll bagged Newey? The talk has been strong the last few weeks and Alonso said something big was happening which caused him to sign for a few more seasons
That's that Autosport is reporting also:

Probably a big money contract, it made Alonso stay and sign for another few years. Verstappen is likely heading somewhere else that's not Aston Martin.

Damn son

Interesting and wondering whether the rumours of him leaving a couple of weeks/months back had some/any grounds at that time.
Certainly makes sense to pitch the reason why Alo is sticking around. If I were told Newey is coming to AMR, I'd weigh in sticking around as well: all ALO needs is another WDC, and with Stroll as driver pairing and Newey designing the car + Honda coming on board, that's the best chance he's going to get.
Stroll is doing moves to win, no matter what's in the way.
On Horner side, having put out the fire of all the drama targeted at him like a boss, is now going to face (if all of the above is true) a decline through no fault of his own.

Having said all of that, I am still not sure why Max would bounce from a seemingly well oiled and funded machine, especially as he is linked to the anti-horner camp.

Maybe he too is moving to AMR? lol

These guys like to win, have short careers and big lifestyles. It's unlikely one of them would leave money on the table when they have 8-10 good years left in their careers.

He already has a WEC team in the works along with his Sim Racing career, lots of people laugh that F1 is a hobby for him to pay for his other stuff... They may not be far from the truth LOL

Which is why so many think its Stroll behind the deal. He will pay out the lawyers and fee.
That's exactly it, he will pay whatever it takes. This is a guy that bought a car manufacturer, built a new facility, signed the most expensive lease in London for his offices and has had THE BEST equipment for his son throughout his career.

Red Bull isn't just 1 guy, they have plenty of other designers and senior people. Not saying they would be better than he is, but Red Bull isn't going to be left behind I'm sure. They'll happily take the money.

That's exactly it, he will pay whatever it takes. This is a guy that bought a car manufacturer, built a new facility, signed the most expensive lease in London for his offices and has had THE BEST equipment for his son throughout his career.

Red Bull isn't just 1 guy, they have plenty of other designers and senior people. Not saying they would be better than he is, but Red Bull isn't going to be left behind I'm sure. They'll happily take the money.
Lawrence knows how to wheel and deal. He’s actually a proper businessman that makes deals that work. He has secured Honda, built a state of art factory/campus at Silverstone. Which some say make Mercedes and RedBull look outdated. Signed Alonso and oh yea still has a good share of AML.

Its not that I don’t think Andretti isnt serious but the entire plan of his compared to Lawrence is a bit micky mouse.

Back