Gas prices going up ---> Here's what I'm thinking of doing.

here's an idea: the less gas we consume, the MORE expensive it will be per litre. The delay between when oil drilling is planned and when it gets put in your car is so huge that if everybody switched to cars that use 1/2 the gas, the shock on the oil industry would be so much that they would just double the price to pay for the current production and keep everybody in business.

If you want gas prices to come down you need to STOP consuming it, not consume slightly less of it. Electric cars have a chance of becoming the way out of this fuel trap... in an unpredicted way... once they become more and more popular, gasoline companies will have no choice but to lower their price to make gas-powered cars more viable and continue the consumption. So, if you buy an electric car my gas price will go down. If you buy a more economical gas car, my gas price will go up.

^^yep and by the time this will happen, everyone and their mother will drive electric cars and only car enthusiasm like us will still drive a gas car and will be able to enjoy it so much more because gas will be cheap. But we'll get dirty looks from 90% of the now hippy population :(

But I'm guessing I'll be 50-60 by then.

gtfo2n42.png

the difference in gas consumption between a current subcompact and your Civic is really small so it's not really worth it IMO.

When I read the title I thought it was some genius ideas on revolutionary inventions of technological advancement, but it's a guy who wants to sell a civic to buy a yaris.

sigh...

bad idea

i have a 2007 civic coupe and a 2005 echo (same engine and tranny as the yaris) the gas economy is almost unnoticeable

and the civic is way more confortable and more fun to drive
i do 600 km witha tank 50/50

you should take it easy on the pedal

versa is worst than the civicon gas

jte dirais de garder ta Civic, tu fais deja une bonne consommation
moi je viens de changer mon Crown Victoria pour une Fiesta SES et la ca valait la peine, au moins chu rendu avec une consommation sous les 5l/100 ainsi que 10 fois l'equipement que j'avais dans mon CVPI

400 kms pour 18.5L (assumant 1.35$/L) = 4.6L/100 kms...

Permet-moi d'en douter...C'est ce que fait une TDI en moyenne ça...
C'est ony highway a 100 km/h. Desoler j'avais oublier de preciser.
En passant tu ma regarder laver mon char l'autre jour en passant devant chez nous a Saint-Zotique.
Ya pas deux Volks comme le tien dans le boutte. lol

C'est ony highway a 100 km/h. Desoler j'avais oublier de preciser.
En passant tu ma regarder laver mon char l'autre jour en passant devant chez nous a Saint-Zotique.
Ya pas deux Volks comme le tien dans le boutte. lol

highway ou pas c'est IMPOSSIBLE de faire 4.5L/100Km avec un sentra

peu etre voulais tu dire je fait 400KM avec 25LITRE pas $$$

Sell your car. If you can part with both arms, here is what I am suggesting. WING TRANSPLANT. You read right, wing transplant. There aren't many people who will do this procedure as it is quite complex, but the benefits far outweigh the negatives. As far as future projections, cost wise, you would not be doing much maintenance, but as a precaution and nearing the end of the wings useful life, certain measures must be taken (wing maintenance). You say convert TDi to vegetable oil. I say eat vegetables (carrots, snow peas, bok choi even) and fly farther, faster. SPEED AND EFFICIENCY for the rest of your life.

bad idea

i have a 2007 civic coupe and a 2005 echo (same engine and tranny as the yaris) the gas economy is almost unnoticeable

and the civic is way more confortable and more fun to drive
i do 600 km witha tank 50/50

you should take it easy on the pedal

versa is worst than the civicon gas

The echo isn't that fuel efficient, but it's a blast to drive imo, and if you eco drive it, I think that you will get better mileage than the civic.

The one we have at work gets 10l/100km (delivery only), I make about 11-12 in the same conditions with my civic dx 99, so it's still better and the vvti is more fun than my non vtec d16y7. And we feel the road better since there is no power steering on the base model. The last driver's car (other than the lotus elise).

moi à ta place jme ferais un aerocivic
profile-z.jpg

driving-rain-z.jpg

front-3-4-z.jpg

Sérieusement je commence même a y penser de me poigner une régaine a 500$ et de me faire un mpg monster

Back