good non call-center jobs for business students

BadGuyGreg

Hello all,

I'm currently going to school part time studying finance (just started) and will be going full time soon. I'm getting really fed up of my entry level IT job in a call center. The late working hours, week-end work and low support are really getting to me and I think I'm going to rage quit sooner than I thought. That being said I'm trying to find a part-time job that does not involve working in a call center and ideally non a high pressure sales job. I would love to work in something that, ideally, minimizes the amount of time spent talking to customers.

I'm honestly not sure what jobs to look for that would be available part-time for a student that would pay decently. By decently I mean at least 18$/h which is a big downgrade from what I make right now but I'm willing to take the pay cut for a few years if it means I won't be losing my mind in the long run. I thought about financial advisor at a local bank branch but I would need to complete a certification first, which I plan on doing eventually anyways, but I would like other ideas.

TL;DR: what are good part time jobs that pay at least 18$/h, no high pressure sales, no call center.

Regards.

More stressful the job the more it pays because people will not take a more stressful job for the same pay. Sorry but for your field, its just the way it is. I can recommend a job that is low stress with good hours related to your field of study. But dont expect anywhere near 18$ an hour. Find Supply chain management stages. But if you want big $ your gonna have to go into sales and deal with people. Just the way it is.

you're lucky to have an entry level IT job that pays considerably more than 18$/h, being a part time student with no schooling.

Either stay there and suck it up or be ready to accept much less than 18$/h to work in a different environment. (not necessarily better hours and less stress, but just different from a call center)

you're lucky to have an entry level IT job that pays considerably more than 18$/h, being a part time student with no schooling.

Either stay there and suck it up or be ready to accept much less than 18$/h to work in a different environment. (not necessarily better hours and less stress, but just different from a call center)

+1

Youre lucky at 18$/h

99.9% of entry level jobs in IT are call center jobs, they pay relatively well but are incredibly demanding in terms of self control and restraint.

I've used them to "fill" between normal IT jobs but I would definitely not recommend a carreer in call centers or you'll go nuts.

ESPECIALLY when dealing with the general public you have to expect the worst of the worst in terms of intelligence, rudeness, idiocy and pure assholeness and that's not ONLY for call center jobs but any job where you deal with "joe normal."

If you could find a job in a call center that deals with professionals then you're okay. For example I had a job offer for a company in VSLaurent that made image recognition software (Genisomething I forget the name, it's been like 5 years.) and they only dealt with their customers so no "joe normal" calling in drunk at 11PM angry because he ran out of ink on his color printer.

The call center was only for technical support for customers. If you can find something like that it would be ideal.

My best call center job was at IBM for their corporate support. We only answered calls from corporate customers, many banks and POS like Tim Horton's, Jean Coutu, etc and most calls were curteous. Occasionally we'd have to "fill in" for an overflow of general calls from IBM/Lenovo customers and that was horrible.

Back then Telus had a promotion that gave farmers that only just had learned to turn on a light switch, a free computer with a 3yr Internet/TV/phone plan. Naturally we got a gzillion idiots calling in because their "internet antenna" (mouse) wasn't working even though it was placed "on top of the screen..."

Oh, and for added fun, Telus had shipped out a gzillion PCs with our call center number on them, BEFORE actually sending a technician to install the Internet service.

Sure?

Good hours / No stress / Well paid

chose 2.

For I.T chose none.

you can have 3 if you doing well.

It took me a decade to have those 3 by the way, although it really depends on the market since its always in movement. I had great conditions for the 2000 bug, then it went down for a few years before getting better (way too many students chose IT fields during that era).

And for OP. First job getting more than 18$/h?.. wow. I could've take a shitload of crap for that money in my pre-career.

I have been doing about 18-20$/hour for over 5 years now. Chicken pays well.

Tomorrow I'm possibly dealing with my internship boss for my first real job, I hope I'll be able to get just as much...

Les call centers c'est sur que ca doit etre la marde, meme le monde civilisé peuvent finir par virer sul top. Des fois ca prend pas grand chose, genre la goute qui fait déborder le vase pis c'est ca.

Comme la fois que la SAAQ me spammait des belles lettres pour avoir des preuves d'assurances...ben oui crisse ca fait 12 ans que j'chauffes mais j'ai pas d'assurance comme un esti d'étron de BS. Fak les lettres allait direct au recyclage et un jour j'ai recu le summum, ils allaient couper mon permit! OMG.....comment rester zen dans ce temps la? C'est ben dommage pour la petite voix douce que j'avais au bout de la ligne mais j'ai surement été son pire appel de la semaine.

Les call centers c'est sur que ca doit etre la marde, meme le monde civilisé peuvent finir par virer sul top. Des fois ca prend pas grand chose, genre la goute qui fait déborder le vase pis c'est ca.

Comme la fois que la SAAQ me spammait des belles lettres pour avoir des preuves d'assurances...ben oui crisse ca fait 12 ans que j'chauffes mais j'ai pas d'assurance comme un esti d'étron de BS. Fak les lettres allait direct au recyclage et un jour j'ai recu le summum, ils allaient couper mon permit! OMG.....comment rester zen dans ce temps la? C'est ben dommage pour la petite voix douce que j'avais au bout de la ligne mais j'ai surement été son pire appel de la semaine.

Donc tu as donné de la marde a quelqu'un parce que tu es pas capable de répondre a des lettres. Bravo champion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben vlà l'exemple typique d'un mauvais client au service à la clientèle. Ton attitude n'est absolument pas justifiée.

Donc tu as donné de la marde a quelqu'un parce que tu es pas capable de répondre a des lettres. Bravo champion

Ben vlà l'exemple typique d'un mauvais client au service à la clientèle. Ton attitude n'est absolument pas justifiée.

C'est plate à dire mais son attitude est une réflection du service à la clientèle de marde qu'il a reçu. I feel for him.

C'est plate à dire mais son attitude est une réflection du service à la clientèle de marde qu'il a reçu. I feel for him.

Quoi parce que la saaq lui envoit des lettes lui demandant une preuve qu'il est assuré et que toujours sans réponse il procéde a l'envoi d'un avertissement qu'il aura son permis suspendu il a eu du mauvais service??!!??!? Wtf stun esti de jambon qui repond pas au courrier pcq il est au dessus de ca aucune justification pour donner de la marde a une agente. Feel for him lol

Quoi parce que la saaq lui envoit des lettes lui demandant une preuve qu'il est assuré et que toujours sans réponse il procéde a l'envoi d'un avertissement qu'il aura son permis suspendu il a eu du mauvais service??!!??!? Wtf stun esti de jambon qui repond pas au courrier pcq il est au dessus de ca aucune justification pour donner de la marde a une agente. Feel for him lol

On connaît pas toute l'histoire lol.

Wow les matantes...j'ai jamais dit que j'avais raison de leur envoyer de la marde. Mauvais timing, semaine de cul...no shit given pour la saaq. C'est justement pour ca que je disais que de travailler dans un centre d'appel doit etre une job d'enfer.

Mais ca ma fait du bien ce journée la :) Pauvre fille pareil lol

$18/h part time with no education? Isn't that a lot? Maybe as a security guard in an armoured vehicle for Garda or something :dunno:

Back